“A Coral Gables institution serves institutional food” 2 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Miami
“A Coral Gables institution serves institutional food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

The first time I ate at Peppy's I was shocked that the food at such a well established place could be so bad. The pasta hadn't been drained and was swimming on my plate, the lettuce salad was mediocre and the flavors of the dishes were bland. I realized that its popularity stems from the relatively low prices, charming appearance and tastes of the clientele. At the urging of a friend, who hadn't actually been there but had heard that her elderly cousin (who likes a bargain) liked to go there, we returned and discovered that nothing had changed. It was the worst meal that I've ever had in Coral Gables, and I've eaten at more than 20 if I include fast-food joints. I'll never go back.

% Recommend
silver spring md
“A wonderful find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

This restaurant was off the beaten track, but so good. My uncle suggested we go here for an extended family dinner and it was wonderful. The ambience was relaxing, romantic, and rustic all in one. We saw a happy hour office group having a great time, a couple enjoying each others company, a family with one toddler having a family night out and all seeming to be welcome and enjoying. The owner and executive chef both made a point of coming to the table and talking with us. I had salmon with brandy citrus sauce served over vegetable risotto--delicious. My husband had seafood over squid-ink fettucini--so good. Others in our group raved about seafood and pasta dishes. Definitely recommend this restaurant.

Florida
“Delicious Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2009

We stumbled upon this delicious Italian restaurant after we'd found it in our Entertainment coupon book. We were more than pleased. Four of us dined there while vacationing in Miami and had an outstanding meal. The homemade pesto sauce and bread that they bring were out of this world and unusual. The salad dressing was the best I've had in a long while (rivals Little Italy restaurants in Baltimore). Our favorite entree was the chicken carbonara. We were so impressed with this restaurant that we went back and got take-out the next night!

This is a quaint, lovely restaurant with EXCELLENT food and reasonable prices. It's located very close to the Miami airport. This is a rare find!