“Great Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University

You added Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1350 South Dixie Highway (US 1), Coral Gables, FL 33146   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
New York City, New York
“Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I stayed at this property for four days for a conference held at the university, which was right across from the property. As mentioned in the below reviews, the service was great. All the staff were very friendly. The rooms were clean and well managed. Also, the burger from the bar (restaurant downstairs) was great for the price I paid.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank flyhannah

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

From the minute I walked I was greeted with polite and friendly customer service by Booker. He was very helpful and attentive. Best customer service thus far in my travels to Miami. I felt welcomed and Booker made sure of that.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Vanessa S
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

The stay at this hotel is always wonderful, as we travel here annually with a group. The place is well kept and the staff is very friendly and helpful. I would also like to give a BIG shout out to Ms. Moira (at front desk) for going above and and beyond to make sure my stay was a great experience!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Tim J
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I stay at this hotel each time I go to the University. It couldn't be in a better location. Despite the main road, the area behind the hotel is just perfect to drive around and see the Coral Gables uniqueness. The pool is perfect, and the restaurant patio was too cozy not to pass up. I will continue to book my stay here for all my trips. Jane and Jenny at the front desk were especially helpful and accomodating for all my needs.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view! It is much preferred over the parking lot view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Annie_pie_pie
Krakow, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I have lived there for 2 weeks. Service were excellent. Especially Moira, Lynette and Billy. They always helped us with everything: rent a car, find the shops, attractions etc.
I m very pleased to choosed this hotel. They always be happy that they can help.
In resteurante also the service ware very good. Service realy were on the top quailty.
Rooms were not n the higest condition but clean and good enough to live, and cleaned up every day

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Zbigniew W
connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Just because you make a reservation with a confirmation and credit card guarantee does not mean that this hotel will honor it -- more than likely your upgraded room will be given away and you will be told that you can have the standard at regular price -- or that is what happened to me with the FOUR executive rooms I reserved 11 months in advance and confirmed 48 hours before. AND I am a Priority Club Member and have stayed at this hotel a minimum of 12 times in the past 2 years. My advice to anyone planning on making a reservation during a peak event -- BOOK A Second Reservation In Another Hotel - as when you arrive at THIS Holiday Inn, you may not get the room you want or had reserved -- and Management is OK with this. Oh, and one more thing -- during peak events, the Hotel DOES NOT give you Priority Club Rewards for these nights. For me, this Holiday Inn ruined my and my families weekend. The standard rooms we were forced to accept had air conditioning problems and were somewhat shabby. Hope whomever they gave our rooms to gives them lots of business -- as we won't be going back anytime soon. For me, its better to give up the convenience of being near Univ. of Miami in favor of knowing that the upgraded room I reserved with a credit card will be there and waiting when I arrive. I will never be staying here again. If they treated me this way for 4 executive rooms for 3 nights or a total of 12 nights stay AND as a Priority Member who has stayed there numerous times -- do you think they will honor yours for one room and a couple of nights? Never again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank giget1963
Claudia_Polidori, Manager at Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for having stayed with us here at the Holiday Inn Coral Gables.
Your presence has contributed to our large extended family of guests, and we thank you for the opportunity to know you for the time you were here.
We, however, are very apologetic for your having less-than-ideal circumstances during your visit, specifically when you arrived. It is our aim to accommodate, satisfy and please our guests, and so it is disappointing to have somehow fallen short of that goal.
Thankfully the issues that we had with the old system have been fixed, as we recently upgraded our operation program to avoid this from happening again.
We are sorry once again, and we hope you give us another opportunity in the future.
Yours in Hospitality,
Claudia Polidori
Front Office Manager
Puchong, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I wish to thank Holiday Inn Coral Gables, for a lovely stay for the 5 days I was at Miami. Moira was exceptionally helpful, and she upgraded my room to a double king sized bed on the ground floor. Although I came for a business trip alone, and the double bed was not necessary, her thoughtfulness is very much appreciated. The room is clean, and the managers were very keen to make my stay a pleasant one, especially to help me trouble shoot the wireless connection.

Room Tip: I stayed at room 116. Would be nice if you can opt for this one too. It's quiet and relatively l...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Coconut Grove
Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables
Coral Way
Four Points by Sheraton Coral Gables

Been to Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University? Share your experiences!