“most satisfied” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University

You added Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1350 South Dixie Highway (US 1), Coral Gables, FL 33146   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
“most satisfied”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

the hotel stay was the best i have had in a very long time. the hotel staff was very good, and the front deask stsff were outstanding.
Lynette did all she could to make our stay a pleaseant stay. this young lady really know how to make custermers welcome.

Room Tip: all rooms are great, the entire Boston College was happy with there room, and me as the bus driver w...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
CPapadopulos, General Manager at Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Carol L,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our staff provided great service. I will be sure to pass on your kind words about Lynette; she will be thrilled by your comments. Thank you once again, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind Regards,

Constantino Papadopulos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Jefferson City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

This is a decent hotel that would likely be normally priced. However, it was boat show week in Miami and some events were happening at the University, so it was WAAAAAYYYY over priced for the accommodations. No lunch service, and breakfast service ends at 10:30. Not usually a problem, but we were on HOLIDAY and slept in in a different time zone. Was located close to other options however, so a nice walk in great weather was doable.

Room Tip: Room close to the maid closet makes for lots of early morning noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear IrishLady8,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

This is a decent hotel. Rooms are adequate, bedding is very good, and they have a large parking lot. It's location is excellent. It is walking distance to the university, as well as a train station, several restaurants and cvs. There isn't a free breakfast at this hotel, but there is a restaurant, and they offer room service. We did not eat at the hotel, so I can't comment on the food.

• Stayed January 2014
bst, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel for the price. Request pool area first floor. Great sevice, good value, clean and secure. Area is very crowded but parking lot was safe. Staff was helpful and accomodating. I would stay there again if i go back to coconut grove. I

• Stayed February 2014
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

The Holiday Inn Coral Gables ended up being a nice experience. The Hotel is good enough for a few days stay, very conveniently located, with big clean rooms and with very professional and smiling service. Margarita Diaz and May, and the rest of the staff, made my stay very nice. Ideal for University of Miami issues.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Key West, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Stayed here one night. Service was good - hotel room was okay but for the outrageous price of over $250 per night pretty bad!!! We were at the mercy of them since no other rooms available in the area!!! WIFI was not good at all. Bathroom was very very small!!!! Not going to recommend for more than a one night stay!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear engrose,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the value prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We do appreciate the perfect score for Service you received. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Today I left this hotel after a two night stay on 2/8/14. Staff was nice at the reception when we arrived and gave us a great room with the view of the pool. Everything was downhill thereafter. We had placed a privacy notice/ do not disturb on the door, This was the hotel provided hanger. The next morning, a maintenance person knocked on the door about 10:45am. I was about to take a shower and in my underwear when he said something about the lock. I had no problems with the lock and he pushed the lever up and down. I had the do not disturb notice on the door. I immediately called the front desk and told them when I placed a do not disturb notice on a door, that I wanted privacy. It was a strange event, and neither me nor my friend felt safe.Management said they would get back to me AND I heard nothing, So I called about 11:00pm that evening and the front desk said they had not heard anything about this complaint, and promised two breakfast voucher under the door. I woke up this morning and there were no vouchers. We were getting ready to leave, and before check out time, the supervisor asked whether we were leaving. I though check out time was noon, but it was 11am, and she knocked on the door before shortly before 11 am. The do not disturb was again on the door.
When I returned the key cards, I took the do not disturb hanger with me, and asked them what this meant to the hotel. I told them there was an issue of privacy, and that they violated this. They should have called by phone if there was an issue, but did not do so. When I was leaving the front desk said breakfast "was over". They had no record of the vouchers. There is a gap in reporting from one shift to another, and do not have well trained staff, including maintenance, and cleaning personnel in matters of privacy. However, the pool looked great and the staff adequately cleaned the room. Because of the pool and the room being clean I give the hotel a poor as opposed to a terrible. I will not be staying at any more Holiday Inns. As well, they should called if they wanted entry while the notice was on the door. I should not have answered the door anyway because of safety issues. I will not make that mistake again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Claudia_Polidori, Manager at Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and being a contributor on TripAdvisor.

It is great to hear that you found our staff to be friendly during your arrival. The inconvenience you experienced during your stay is not acceptable and is something we will address with our engineering and housekeeping team immediately. I apologize that you were not able to experience a relaxing stay.

I appreciate your feedback to our team and hope you will allow us to show you the experience we can offer to our guests. If you would like to join us again, please contact me directly at cpolidori@soundhospitality.com and I will ensure you are taken care.

Yours in Hospitality,

Coral Gables, FL 33146
Phone: 305-667-5611 Ext 7805
Fax: 305-669-3153
cpolidori@soundhospitality.com

Been to Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University? Share your experiences!