“Nice place ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1350 South Dixie Highway (US 1), Coral Gables, FL 33146   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
“Nice place ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Good breakfast, nicest people ever, clean bed, clean bathroom and nice room. Good place if you want to rest before and after go to university of Miami. University of Miami is in the other side of the street.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Claudia_Polidori, Manager at Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your comments regarding our hotel and staff. . I will definitely pass along your comments to the staff and hotel leadership team. I'm delighted you were so pleased with your stay and we hope to have you back again and again.

HOLIDAY INN CORAL GABLES
1350 S. Dixie Hwy (US1)
Coral Gables, FL 33146
Phone: 305-667-5611 Ext 7805
Fax: 305-669-3153
cpolidori@soundhospitality.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Providence
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

This is not a good hotel, not worthy of the HI brand.

Good points:
The staff try hard and stay friendly, despite being overworked (I mean the place is understaffed).
The location is the best for U of Miami.

Bad points:

There were two independent screw ups with my bill; desk staff were nice about it, but they were bad, not really excusable mistakes.

The hallways are really dirty. I have never complained about the cleanliness of a hotel (you can look at my many reviews!), but this was really unpleasant. Elevators had chipping paint, bathrooms crumbling plaster.

The breakfast is pretty grim. The bread is basically Wonderbread. The 'juice' is basically Hawaiian punch. And to top it off, they will add a 15% "gratuity" (hey, team, it's not a gratuity if you force me to pay it) to your bill, no matter how many in your party, no matter whether you order the buffet or from the menu. Look, I would tip that much, but it's supposed to be up to me.

Again, the people who work there try hard and are likable, which is why I'm giving the place a two instead of a one. But the condition and management are bad.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Crito0,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please allow us to apologize for the overall issues you had during your stay. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. We have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details. Thank for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

very quick and friendly jenny,claudia , sandy.Great service the rooms were very clean.
Good bar service. Location is very central, starbucks and shopping areas just minutes away. They also have a very nice club down the street called BTS.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Salvador, BA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Although it has gone for the second time in this hotel , having previously enjoyed the service this time was disappointing , I was stressed a lot because I went to the U.S. with the intention to bring a few rolls of wallpapers expensive , that were delivered to hotel and although every day , you wanted to know the reception , if this order had arrived , I replied that no, until I decided to contact the store supplier that said date, time and name of the person who received it in the hotel ( the order was received Tuesday the 13 h ) after this fact , since the afternoon on Thursday , could direct me to telephone reception, requesting urgent action to find such an order , but would take serious steps , when such a package after 15 min appeared (for signal roughage and letters very large for my person) according to the receptionist, It was stored in a different location from where they keep the other customers' orders . Until today I have the suspicion that it could have happened , because the next day would be doing the checkout. I think this case could be even better investigated by the hotel management , but did not have enough time to make such a claim. But it is worth commenting that the next customer will not pass through similar situations . The other items such as location of the hotel , breakfast , cleanliness and comfort of the room are satisfactory .

Embora tenha ido pela segunda vez a este hotel, por ter gostado dos serviços anteriormente, desta vez foi decepcionante, me estressei bastante, pois fui aos EUA com a intenção de trazer alguns rolos de papeis de parede de alto custo, para que fossem entregue no hotel e embora diariamente, procurasse saber da recepção, se esta encomenda havia chegado, me respondiam que não, até que resolvi entrar em contato com a loja fornecedora que afirmou data, hora e nome da pessoa que a recebeu no hotel (a encomenda foi recebida terça feira as 13 h), depois de tal fato, já na quinta feira á tarde, pude me dirigir pelo telefone a recepção, solicitando providências urgentes para encontrar tal encomenda, senão tomaria providências sérias, quando após 15 min tal pacote apareceu (por sinal volumoso e com letras "cavalares" destinados a minha pessoa) , segundo informações da recepcionista, estava guardado em local diferente de onde guardam as demais encomendas dos clientes. Até hoje tenho desconfiança do que poderia ter acontecido, pois no dia seguinte estaria fazendo o check-out. Acho que este caso poderia ser inclusive melhor investigado pela administração do hotel, mas não tive tempo hábil para fazer tal reclamação. Mas vale a pena comentar para que os próximos clientes não passem por situações semelhantes. Os demais itens tais como localização do hotel, cafe da manhã, limpeza e conforto do quarto são satisfatórios.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Claudia_Polidori, Manager at Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenienced that you experienced with the package, as the package service is something complimentary that we do for our guest in order to have your 100% satisfaction with the stay.

I can assure you that this incident will not happen again and the next time you come to town you can contact me and I will make sure everything goes smooth with your stay, whether you have packeges coming or any other request you need.

I hope you give us a second chance in the future!

Best Regards,

HOLIDAY INN CORAL GABLES
1350 S. Dixie Hwy (US1)
Coral Gables, FL 33146
Phone: 305-667-5611 Ext 7805
Fax: 305-669-3153
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

If you need to be near the Miami Beaches for a reasonable price you can't beat the Holiday Inn Coral Gables. Their front desk staff was warm and welcoming on a cold and windy night and made me feel right at home. The room was spacious, clean and opened onto the pool area (unfortunately it was a rainy night) which gives outside access straight from the room. The bed was comfortable and it was a quiet area and I slept great. Took advantage of their Happy Hour and also had dinner in the full service restaurant. Good food, good service and friendly atmosphere. Although the breakfast buffet looked appetizing and well displayed I took advantage of another breakfast choice which was also very good and served quickly with a smile. Although it is impossible to get around the traffic in Miami, this location was good for access to the beaches without having to pay beach hotel prices. It is very close to Southern Baptist Hospital and all of their great medical facilities and the University of Miami. A very good choice!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Two years ago, I stayed at this hotel and I was not happy about the service, noise and darkness in the room. Last month, I had to stay in the hotel due to family emergency. The front desk was much better than two years ago. They were polite, listened to my request and acknowledged my elite status. They even gave me Platinum gifts (2 bottles of water and some small snacks) and 20% dinner discount coupon. They also have a elite check-in desk this time, which I used. I was also given password for the wireless network. I requested a room at back and facing inside so it was quiet. The room was clean. The drape was still thin and white so it didn't block any light, which I don't like. Breakfast buffet was reasonably priced ($11.99) though the selections were limited. Overall, the service improvement was hug.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
langhorne, pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

This Holiday Inn is great if you are going to UM for any reason. The staff was very nice and helpful. The hotel is in need of some refurbishment- the hallway carpeting is dingy and dirty looking. The bathroom in our room had flakes of paint or plaster around the sink and had a bit of a musty odor. It was fine for the one night we needed it and a shame the building condition brings this hotel down a notch from what the service would deserve.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Claudia_Polidori, Manager at Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you immensely for taking the time to share your experience here, on TripAdvisor. We know you had many options and we thank you for staying here with us in the beautiful city of Coral Gables. However, we are very apologetic for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay and, we wanted you to know that we are working on correcting these matters.
We hope you give us an opportunity to stay with us again in the future, feel free to contact me directly, I will be more than happy to assist you with your reservations and your stay.
Warmest Regards,
cpolidori@soundhospitality.com

Been to Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University? Share your experiences!