“Great location for UM” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1350 South Dixie Highway (US 1), Coral Gables, FL 33146   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #2 of 11 hotels in Coral Gables
langhorne, pa
“Great location for UM”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

This Holiday Inn is great if you are going to UM for any reason. The staff was very nice and helpful. The hotel is in need of some refurbishment- the hallway carpeting is dingy and dirty looking. The bathroom in our room had flakes of paint or plaster around the sink and had a bit of a musty odor. It was fine for the one night we needed it and a shame the building condition brings this hotel down a notch from what the service would deserve.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Claudia_Polidori, Manager at Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you immensely for taking the time to share your experience here, on TripAdvisor. We know you had many options and we thank you for staying here with us in the beautiful city of Coral Gables. However, we are very apologetic for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay and, we wanted you to know that we are working on correcting these matters.
We hope you give us an opportunity to stay with us again in the future, feel free to contact me directly, I will be more than happy to assist you with your reservations and your stay.
Warmest Regards,
Front Office Manager
cpolidori@soundhospitality.com

355 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Lutz, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

You can't go wrong with this hotel, great location, nice pool and nice staff. For instance, I called the front desk since I was unable to turn on the coffee pot. A staff member brought another coffee pot in less than 5 minutes! (In fact there wasn't anything wrong with it, but rather I didn't plug it correctly). I love the samples of Bath and Body products in the bathroom. My only recommendation is: replace the bathtub sealant and the fan vent in the bathroom. Otherwise, everything else is perfect.

• Stayed September 2013
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

The Holiday Inn Coral Gables hands down has the nicest staff I have ever met. They were so willing to help me with any problems or needs. Some people who especially stood out while I stayed there were the desk staff Edgar, Gabriel, Angel, and Jenny. They were so helpful and talkative. Also my cleaning lady for my room was an absolute sweetheart, and highly recommend her. Her name is Margherita she's soo sweet and works on the third floor staff. Also Manny the head caretaker is a hard worker and really puts the time in to making sure things are functioning correctly. Yolanda who works in Toucan's Restaurant inside the hotel was a great waitress and my friends and I constantly ate in the restaurant. I highly recommend this hotel because the staff here are outstanding!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Key West, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have been stayng at this Holiday Inn frequently for at least 30 years now, and it continues to be my favorite hotel of any hotels I have stayed at worldwide.
The main reasons that I keep returning are:
1.) The management "jumps through hoops" to make sure that every guest is satisfied, and that any issues are resolved a.s.a.p..
2.) The housekeeping staff is very thorough - the whole hotel is immaculate.
3.) Because of the staff's positive attitude and attention to detail, I can relax and enjoy my
stay as if I were at home.
There are so many other reasons that I could not possibly list them all in this review. But I will
tell you that in 30 years, I can count the few complaints that I have had on one hand.
If you are ever in the Coral Gables, Florida (South Miami) area, I strongly recommend that you consider staying at this exquisite Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: I like to have a ground floor pooside room (they have a sliding door leading out to a patio just off...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Claudia_Polidori, Manager at Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear John,

I have to say that I had the pleasure to meet you and I am very glad we made you feel like at home away from home, since our main goal is you 101% satisfaction and we thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. I will always be glad to have you staying here every time you are in town and I can promise you we will take care of you the same way and better.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me on your next visit, I will make sure you have your special room again as always.
I hope to see you again very soon!
Best Regards,

FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

If you can get a discounted rate, then this is a great option when visiting Coral Gables. I would not pay a rate similar to the 4 stars in Coral Gables for this property though.

It is not a luxury hotel, but it is not a roadside motel either. Lobby is nice, but hallways a bit worn. Room is nothing fancy, but clean and nice. Bed is comfortable and linens are decent quality. Bathroom is basic, clean but not luxurious, but towels are a bit thin. Also, shower head is low? We had a refrigerator in the room and that was convenient for storing drinks.

We did not eat at the hotel, nor did we use the pool, so no comment on that. Parking is easy and the location is convenient. Overall, a positive experience and I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Claudia_Polidori, Manager at Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for taking a moment to write a few kind words regarding your recent stay! We're glad you had a great time while here in Coral Gables. Also, thank you for letting us know about the difficulties you had, that way we can correct them.

Please feel free to contact me if you need help with future reservations, we will be delighted to have you here again.

Your's in Hospitality,

305-667-5611 Ext 7805
cpolidori@soundhospitality.com
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Excellent location near the University of Miami, Metro rail station and plenty of eating joints around. Room was functional with coffee maker, fridge and microwave. Gym and pool also functional. Pleasant and professional staff. We had a very comfortable 5 day stay when we were there to drop off our daughter at UM.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Claudia_Polidori, Manager at Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Kurt T,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. Our staff is delighted that you found everything to your liking. I hope we exceeded your expectations and your experience with us helped to enhance your visit to our beautiful city of Coral Gables. Please think of us when booking your next visit to the area.

Yours in Hospitality,

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We came to the Miami area to see a couple of Marlins games. The Holiday Inn is a 5 minute walk to the University Metrorail station from which, for $5 per day, one can get to downtown Miami, the Airport, and the Ballpark. For the ballpark, a shuttle takes you from the Culmer stop to the stadium. The hotel is in a great and safe area as well. We felt extremely safe walking from the Metro station to the hotel at 11:30pm after the game was over. The room had a fridge and a microwave. There's a CVS pharmacy, a 5 minute walk from the hotel if one wishes to just grab some stuff to put in the fridge for after the game. A TGIFridays is also a close walk as is the Titanic brewpub. The cost of the hotel is very good given the upper class area of Coral Gables and the pool is wonderfully warm. The room was just fine...very clean and enjoyable. I'd highly recommend this place if you'd like to save some money, avoid having to rent a car and drive in an unknown city, but have access to downtown and the ballpark via metrorail.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University? Share your experiences!