“Great location is all this place has to offer” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University

You added Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1350 South Dixie Highway (US 1), Coral Gables, FL 33146   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin
“Great location is all this place has to offer”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stayed here because of the proximity to the U of Miami for a basketball game. If this is your only requirement its great.

The room I had was highly overpriced and bad. There were holes in the smelly balconey walls, the carpet poor quality and stained. The bathroom was built in the 60's and probably was the last time it was cleaned. I was particularly impressed with the rusty hinges and door frames.

Try to avoid the breakfast buffet unless you have an adequate supply of Lipitor along.

I suggest staying at a great down town hotel for less and cabbing it to the game.

Room Tip: be sure to tell the front desk you are going to check the room out before you confirm your stay. I a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Yonne M, Manager at Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear JerCurtis S,

Thank you for taking the time on writing your review on your stay with us. Although it pains me to hear that you had expirienced dissatisfaction when you stayed with us, we do appreciate that you are willing to offer us feedback on what certain issues we can improve.

As we are currently within rennovations we are updating the look of our property and should you consider us in the future I am positive that we would do our best in changing your opinion on our hotel.

Holiday Inn Coral Gables

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

The lobby is under works. However nothing has been donde to the rooms and facilities for many years. In the three days spent there the paper basket was not cleaned once. I lost in the room an small box with two pairs of cufflinks,
I suposse students will be better off at the university dorm, and visiting parents should go somewhere else.

Room Tip: better aoid the Hotel at all
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Yonne M, Manager at Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Jorge V,

We thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on our hotel. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with us. Yes, our hotel lobby is currently undergoing renovations, so I can imagine how this caused some displeasure in your stay with us. I can assure you our rooms are constantly being reviewed and renewed and should you consider in the future to make a reservation please feel free to ask for special requests, we are always at your service.

You mentioned you left a box with cuff-links in your room on your stay, please reach us directly in case your items were found and left in the lost and found. We will do our best to review our items in case it does turn up.

Thank you again your feedback and we hope to hear back from you.

Philadelphia, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed here visiting UM with my son. The front dek clerk Saturday was wonderful. That was the exception. Wifi was the worst of any hotel I've stayed at. Key cards to the room didn't work on Friday when we arrived. The front desk would not help us print out boarding passes even though their" business center" was out of order, stating " lots of times customers screw up our machines". The tv had two settings for volume....whisper and blasting. Although right across from UM, the street to cross is an 8 lane highway. Being close to UM was outweighed by all of the other problems. Suggest staying a short cab ride away from this debacle.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear VacaAddict,

I cannot begin apologizing for the inconveniences you experienced while staying at our hotel, and I'm very sorry you did not enjoy your stay. Thank you for your feedback on our hotel, we do truly appreciate that you took your time to guide us in reviewing certain issues that must be resolved in order to provide great expectations in the future. I would love to make this right for you, and I personally welcome you to reach out to us personally should you consider staying with us in the future.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your review.

Kindly,

staten island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

despite a series of events that becsme inconvenient there was one person who remained amazingt hroughout. her name is maragarita dias. from initail point of storing my luggage to her friendly cordial attitude and sincere energy. one person alone has changed my reaction to ant to come back to this hotel do to her unbelievable portaryal of excellent customer sevice....i worked solamente with Margarita dias and for her alone I am very satisfied.Total experience in this hotel excellent in hoiuse keeping perfect

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear carolann b,

Thank you for taking your time to write such a great review on one of our beloved employees, Margarita Diaz. As we currently undergoing changes in the hotel's appearance one thing will remain constant and that is our many hardworking employees who are willing to always help. Margarita felt very proud and was elated to hear she was able to impact your stay so positively as you encountered certain inconveniences. We apologize if in any way we created any inconvenience for you and please feel free to reach us in the future on personalizing your next stay with us, we want to make sure we make it right for our guests 100% of the time.

Thank you again for staying with us!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for part of my trip to Coral Gables. The staff was wonderful - very friendly and accommodating. The room was clean, the pool area was much better than I expected, and the location was unbeatable. It's located right across the street from the University of Miami. I was very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear meinelkm20,

Thank you for taking time on your review on our hotel. It brings us great joy that our staff was able to create such positive feedback on your stay with us! We appreciate your kind words on your room stay and should you return to the area please feel free to reach us personally on your next reservation; we look forward to it!

Many thanks,

Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I have stayed here several times over the past few years visiting my daughter at UM. While I've never been completely happy, this time was over the top the worst. Check in was a disaster. The front desk clerks coudn't get the key card machine to work. After a three employees, hundreds of attempts, and 15 minutes, I was told to go to my room and that housekeeping would meet me there to open up my door. I HEARD them speak to someone from housekeeping. After the long trek to my room - which was the last room down two long hallways -- there was no one there. I waited for 10 minutes -- still no one. At this point I sought out housekeeping, schlepping my bags behind me and finally found someone. Where we had a humorous back and forth exchange with neither of us understanding each other's language. I finally directed her to my room and asked to be let in -- which she did. Not sure if I was happy or frightened by this? Got into the room which was not the King room I had reserved. Instead it was a handicapped double. Being well over 6 feet tall, the short counter top, short shower, etc. was annoying. At this point I was in a hurry and couldn't be bothered to make another trip to the front desk to switch. It was only one night so I endured. The room had NO clock, NO trashcan, and two missing lightbulbs. Furniture was tired and worn and I'm not completely sure the sheets had been changed as the bed was rumpled when I turned the sheets down in the first bed. Obviously slept in the other, but was skeeved just the same. And yes, you do tend to look over your shoulder in the parking lot, not sure if this is warranted, but still felt a bit edge at night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear tallgirl1,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and for that reason your comments are troubling and will surely be looked into. Please accept our apology for the inconvenience the overall condition of the room and the customer service you received from our staff may have caused. Rest assured, your input will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvement to this identified weakness and will work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Davis, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Where do I start? The stained carpets, the crumbs/sand (?) in my sheets and bathtub, the lousy Wifi, the indifferent service, the terrible yet pricey food in the restaurant, the location next to a busy expressway...? You get the picture.

This place isn't exactly cheap, either.

I may have to return to U of Miami for business again, and if I do, it will be on the condition that they do NOT put me here!

Oh--the weather WAS fabulous, but I'm pretty sure they don't get credit for that.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear leftydana,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work diligently to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I'm sorry that our hotel fell below your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University? Share your experiences!