I had a wedding and this was were we were told to stay. I arrived early and I knew check in wasn't till 3pm but I figured I would give him all my information and let them hold my bags while I went to the pool. Jorge was at the front desk. I said to him "hi I'm checking in" and he responded "Oh no your not" I was very taken back by his rudeness. Most front desk clerks would say "hi how are you? Welcome- check in isn't till 3pm but let me store your luggage and feel free to use the pool area and I will let you know as soon as a room is available." He didn't have a room for me and said to check back at 1pm- my room wasn't available to 3pm.
I was in room 261 which is directly in front of the elevator so if you want to listen to everybody come off the elevator that's a perfect room for you. When I got to my room the whole left hallways rug was pulled up and there was brooms and mops outside my door. I agree with doing maintenance and the new carpets were probably much needed but maybe put up a curtain and definitely don't leave supplies in front of a guests door. ( see pictures) I did say something to the front desk and when I returned that evening they were gone but I shouldn't of had to say anything.
The rooms were clean but basic. I had no problems with my room.
The pool area was nice and well kept. The rest of the hotel needs some remodeling!
When I came back from my wedding I asked Rose at the front desk if I could checkout now since I had a very early flight. She told me that everything was taken care of and a bill would be slipped under my door. Well at 5:30am
there was no bill and when I went back to the front desk on my way out my room was not checked out and I had to sign my bill.
Overall, for 1 night if you get an amazing rate you can tolerate this hotel but I wouldn't stay any longer then that.
You are staying at a Holiday inn so you are getting what you paid for.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University Hotel
- Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University Hotel Coral Gables
- Holiday Inn Coral Gables
- Coral Gables Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a wonderful stay at the Holiday Inn University of Miami which is ideally situated in the upscale city of Coral Gables, on South Dixie Highway (US 1) across from the University of Miami and the Metrorail station. When priorities turn from work to play, guests are in the middle of great shopping, dining and entertainment at Dadeland Mall, Shops at Sunset Place, Village at Merrick Park, Coconut Grove and Bayside Market Place. Our Toucan's restaurant and lounge offers breakfast, lunch and dinner. The attractions that make South Florida a favorite tourist destination are just around the corner, putting guests within minutes of Parrot Jungle, Miami Seaquarium, Vizcaya and Gardens, Miami MetroZoo, the Museum of Science, the Children's Museum, the American Airlines Arena, the Port of Miami and South Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.