“moldy curtains near AC made the whole room musty” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University

You added Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1350 South Dixie Highway (US 1), Coral Gables, FL 33146   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“moldy curtains near AC made the whole room musty”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

Hotel has been mostly updated but they need to find a way to keep the curtains from being moldy. Pool was nice but COLD (85 outside).........advised the front desk of a lack of towels outside by the pool; 30 minutes later they still didn't provide them. Had to go inside, on the marble floors, risking sliding due to being soaking wet, to ask for towels. 10 minutes later they showed up. Bed was OK and staff was just OK.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
HICoralGablesTeam, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
I appreciate your time for giving us your insight of the hotel. With your comments you will help us become a better property that can suit your travelling needs. Unfortunately the pool was colder than usual as a result of a prolonged downpour from the previous days. Nonetheless I am very sorry for our staff not delivering the towels to you sooner. Service is something we like to thrive on, and failing to do so is very dissapointing. Therefore I thank you very much for bringing this to my attention. We will do our best to correct our mistakes.

Best regards,

Joel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Dundee, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

Being across the street from University of Miami, this is a busy property. It's an older Holiday Inn, but they did the things needed to keep the brand. The rooms are well updated, you wouldn't know from the insides that it is an older property. I am a Priority Club Platinum Elite, was welcomed as such and thanked for my business. However, no upgrade was offered, perhaps because I had already booked an executive room, The room was spacious and clean. The internet access had some of the fastest speeds I've seen for free hotel internet in some time. However the TV was in desperate need of replacement. The old style tube TV was worn out to the point that the picture quality was very poor. But I'd stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Go for the low numbered rooms. Bit of a walk, but worth it for solitude.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
HICoralGablesTeam, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
Hello, and thank you very much for your response! Im glad you pointed out the old TV's. As one of the upgrades for our Property Improvement Project will be to have 37" plasma TV's on every room before 2012. Please come by and check us out again soon. If you wish you may contact me directly at the hotel, and I will gladly handle your reservation and any additional perks! :)

Thank you once again!

Mexico City, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

I stayed 3 nights. The first night, the lock of the room was not working. I asked the front desk to fix it, while I went for dinner. When I came back, 3 hours later, they had not fixed it, and the person I had talked to, already had left without reporting the problem. Meanwhile I had left all my things in my room, while the door could be open without a key. Then I asked for a room change, the person at the lobby did not believe that the door lock was not working and went and check by herself, it was already 1 AM. I moved to another room, but the police was just in the room next door, because the guest was very noisy. Till 3 in the morning there was noise.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the second and third floor; or if in the first floor, one looking at the pool.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Thank you very much for taking the time for pointing out these issues. Having a proper response time is very important, and Im sorry your needs were not met to this standard. Your comments will help us fix the problems you endured to help us become a better property. Please feel free to contact me directly on your next trip down to Coral Gables as I will be glad to make your stay a great one.

Key West, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

I have just completed a 21-night stay at this beautiful Holiday Inn. I have stayed at this hotel many times during the past 30 years, and I must say that I cannot remember ever having a complaint. The staff are all genuinely friendly and accommodating (especially Ninowska in Sales, and Joel the Front Office Manager. The housekeeping staff is awesome.....they are always smiling! The rooms are immaculate (even the guest laundry room). I do not use the dining or bar facilities, since when I am in Miami I like to dine out, but considering the other areas of the hotel, I'm sure that the food and beverage department is just as wonderful. I plan on continuing to stay at this Holiday Inn whenever I visit Miami in the future. John H. Lyon from Key West, FL

Room Tip: Every room I have stayed in at this hotel has been great, but I suggest a ground floor poolside room...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
HICoralGablesTeam, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University, responded to this review, October 11, 2011
Hello John!

Thank you so much for your review. Its very nice to read comments such as yours as it encourages us to continue striving for guest satisfaction. As always it was a great pleasure to have you stay with us! We all look forward to your next trip up to Coral Gables.

Take care, and until next time!

- Holiday Inn Coral Gables Team
Summerville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

I was here on a family reunion and found the hotel staff to be friendly and helpful. The hotel was nice and clean. The breakfast buffet was TERRIFIC! The location was great also being that it was on the main highway (US 1). I would recommend it family and friends.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

Stayed in this hotel overnight on a short trip to see Miami. Great value, lovely clean rooms, comfortable beds and very nice staff, was very happy until we paid €12.00 each for breakfast which was terrible. We were down about 30 mins before breakfast finished, but everything was dried up, pancakes like cardboard. We ordered poached eggs which were lovely with toast but nothing else was edible. pity!

Room Tip: Ask at the desk for their best rate.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

The advantages: clean, good-size rooms, comfortable bed, Internet service is truly wideband (when it works). Close to the University of Miami if you have business there.
Room comes with a refrigerator and a microwave oven.

The disadvantages: restaurant has only limited operating hours (no lunch!); air conditioning unit does not have a thermostat (a real inconvenience); any time there was a disturbance of the electricity service (which happens a lot in this neighborhood) the Internet service stopped working for many hours (in one case 16 hours!); cabs take a very long time to get to this hotel when called. Lobby is not air-conditioned (warm and uncomfortable).

Overall - not a great experience. I will seek another accommodation next time I come to the University of Miami.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University? Share your experiences!