“Perfect, as usual!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1350 South Dixie Highway (US 1), Coral Gables, FL 33146   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #2 of 11 hotels in Coral Gables
Key West, Florida, United States
“Perfect, as usual!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

I have just completed a 21-night stay at this beautiful Holiday Inn. I have stayed at this hotel many times during the past 30 years, and I must say that I cannot remember ever having a complaint. The staff are all genuinely friendly and accommodating (especially Ninowska in Sales, and Joel the Front Office Manager. The housekeeping staff is awesome.....they are always smiling! The rooms are immaculate (even the guest laundry room). I do not use the dining or bar facilities, since when I am in Miami I like to dine out, but considering the other areas of the hotel, I'm sure that the food and beverage department is just as wonderful. I plan on continuing to stay at this Holiday Inn whenever I visit Miami in the future. John H. Lyon from Key West, FL

Room Tip: Every room I have stayed in at this hotel has been great, but I suggest a ground floor poolside room...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
HICoralGablesTeam, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University, responded to this review, October 11, 2011
Hello John!

Thank you so much for your review. Its very nice to read comments such as yours as it encourages us to continue striving for guest satisfaction. As always it was a great pleasure to have you stay with us! We all look forward to your next trip up to Coral Gables.

Take care, and until next time!

- Holiday Inn Coral Gables Team

352 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Summerville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

I was here on a family reunion and found the hotel staff to be friendly and helpful. The hotel was nice and clean. The breakfast buffet was TERRIFIC! The location was great also being that it was on the main highway (US 1). I would recommend it family and friends.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

Stayed in this hotel overnight on a short trip to see Miami. Great value, lovely clean rooms, comfortable beds and very nice staff, was very happy until we paid €12.00 each for breakfast which was terrible. We were down about 30 mins before breakfast finished, but everything was dried up, pancakes like cardboard. We ordered poached eggs which were lovely with toast but nothing else was edible. pity!

Room Tip: Ask at the desk for their best rate.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

The advantages: clean, good-size rooms, comfortable bed, Internet service is truly wideband (when it works). Close to the University of Miami if you have business there.
Room comes with a refrigerator and a microwave oven.

The disadvantages: restaurant has only limited operating hours (no lunch!); air conditioning unit does not have a thermostat (a real inconvenience); any time there was a disturbance of the electricity service (which happens a lot in this neighborhood) the Internet service stopped working for many hours (in one case 16 hours!); cabs take a very long time to get to this hotel when called. Lobby is not air-conditioned (warm and uncomfortable).

Overall - not a great experience. I will seek another accommodation next time I come to the University of Miami.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Colonia, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

We booked this hotel for overnight stay before our cruise vacation from port of miami. I liked the hotel's non-smoking environment. Yes, this hotel is 100% smoke free. The staff was courteous enough to resolve our all questions. Another good thing about this hotel was they provide free wifi access. That helped me a lot to find a local restaurants. The location is also nice. We enjoyed the view of South Dixie Highway.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
HICoralGablesTeam, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University, responded to this review, July 15, 2011
Good morning!

Thank you for your post! I am glad you were able to enjoy the free wifi internet. Your comments will help us continue providing the service our guests deserve. Until next time!
Sarasota, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011 via mobile

I chose this hotel solely based off of location. I was in this area for business and it was convenient to where I needed to be.
The staff is friendly and the beds were decently comfortable...but that's about all of the positives that I can pull out of my experience.
It seems as though there was a remodel attempted here but then perhaps the money ran out? I'm not sure. Most of the decor and appliances are old and outdated but then the tile in the bathroom is newer. The carpets were dirty and the tv picture was barely visable. The bathtub wouldn't drain. It smelled like mold. Overall, It felt a bit like a seedy $40/night hotel, only it was $130/night!!
This hotel is also located on a busy road with a commuter train next to it as well, so a sound sleep was nearly impossible, especially with the wall unit air conditioner that only seemed to have one setting of freezing.
I travel to this area a lot for business and I will not be staying here again. I will drive a little further and stay in a nicer place!

• Stayed May 2011
Harbour Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

I have travelled all over the world for 35 years .. stayed in many resorts and 5 star hotels in many countries.
I found the standard of service at the Coral Gables Holiday Inn to be of the highest quality.
The staff at the front desk were welcoming ,helpful and went out of their way to be of service. The restaurant staff made my dinning experience exceptional . The rooms were spotless and extremely comfortable. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. A joy to stay in and I will most certainly will stay there again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University? Share your experiences!