“Now I know what a five-star hotel experience is!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 Anastasia Avenue, Coral Gables, FL 33134   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 12 hotels in Coral Gables
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Now I know what a five-star hotel experience is!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

I was referred to the Biltmore, by our symposium sponsors who were also staying there. After making reservations and got an excellent rate. I e-mailed the concierge to help with travel arrangements (I didn't want to rent a car.) I wasn't sure what to expect--would the hotel staff be snooty? But Frank and everyone on staff was very friendly and helpful. everyone knew my name.

When the cab pulled up to the hotel, my jaw dropped, it was even more impressive than the web site indicated. Two-level entrance, driveway ramp to the second level, gorgeous Spanish design. Immediately upon the cab stopping, the doorman opened my door and welcomed me. It was the beginning of the incredible cosseting I was to experience for the next 24 hours.

When the front desk person, Maria discovered it was my birthday, she immediately upgraded my room. As I was waiting for my room assignment to be finalized, I had time to look around the lobby. You will see from my attached photos the incredible grandeur of the hotel.

The bellman escorted me to suite 1201 which knocked me out when he opened the door. I tried to photograph the rooms but they were too large to capture. I had an enormous living room, with a flat screen tv, and an enormous window with an incredible view. The bedroom had an armoire, and a four-poster bed. Off of this was the walk-in closet and the enormous bathroom. All the floors in every room were marble. Simple and elegant decor. I had to wipe the smirk off my face when the doorman, Josh, asked if this was satisfactory.

A few minutes later the phone rang with someone saying they were outside my door "with an amenity" A lovely fruit basket with mineral water appeared from the catering department.

I wanted to swim, and went to the incredible pool. They state it's the largest non-private pool in the U.S. It's not only large, but gorgeous. There's terrific pool service, comfortable chaise lounges and umbrellas, and a setting with palm trees and beautiful statuary.

We had thunder and they had to close the pool.That left me without a car, so I had to wander the hotel. There was plenty to do. There are so many glorious public spaces to get lost in and admire the architecture and the landscaping and the sky. I discovered the afternoon tea, and sat and listened to the Spanish guitar player. At night they had jazz in the lounge. There are beautiful tennis courts,and a golf course designed by a famous course designer. Next time I want to wander the greens. There are a few stores and they had interesting products that were reasonably priced.

I had dinner that night in their Italian restaurant in the loggia (See photos).I'm used to good food, and I was skeptical of hotel food. It was one of the best meals I've ever had. The prices were an incredible value. Mustapha took incredible care of me, a woman eating alone. I had two additional wait staff!

I was sorry I had to leave the next day. I can't wait to return to the Biltmore with my husband--it is such a romantic hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

799 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Toluca, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

If you like the glamour and memorabilia of Hollywood and can imagine what the Stars expirienced in the great years of movies, this is the place to go.
The hotel kept this atmosphere,
Reception and lobby are historic.
Restaurtants great.
Golf spectacular.
Pool, one of the biggest hotel pools I have ever swimmed.
Location, although far from the sea, situated in a Coral Gable, and very close to shopping centers and specially the Miracle Mile, where you can find great restaurants.

Madison, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

As everyone has mentioned, this hotel is grand, historic and in a quiet residential neighborhood. It is distant from restaurants and any sort of nightlife. If you want to get away from the typical Miami scene, this is a great choice.
We had a junior king suite overlooking the pool and golf course.
Everything was very clean.
The room had a seperate living room area from the bedroom area.
The bathroom was clean but it only had a shower/tub combo with a shower curtian. It could be updated.
There is valet parking for a fee and free self=parking.
The pool was warm when we went and service was readily available for drink orders.
The pool itself needs to be redone. There was rust on some parts of the pool fool and it looks like it needs to be repainted.
Breakfast was great in the outside courtyard - fresh fruit!
Dinner at their famous restaurant - Palme d' Or - was a disappointment. This restauarant has won numerous awards and is rated #1 in Miami by Zagats. The food was nothing special for all the expectations and service needs some polishing. I could eat somewhere else.

Jensen Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

An overnight stay at The Biltmore was just a little overnight getaway for us since we live in South Florida but it may as well have been in Europe since we really felt like we got away. It was on my list of the 5 hotels I want to stay in but haven't yet. It completely lived up to my hopes. From the moment you arrive you know you are in for a treat...it is simply beautiful...the architecture, the entrance, grounds, lobby, rooms and of course....that beautiful pool. I've stayed in many amazing hotels in my life from the Breakers in Palm Beach to The Jasper Park Lodge and the Biltmore is right in line with any 5 star hotel. While I didn't feel completely catered to like I have in other 5 star hotels, the service wasn't bad. For those who are looking to stay here who might not be on a budget be prepared...it it's not cheap....one long island ice tea at the bar was $20....breakfast for 2 was $55. With that said, just the ambiance alone was worth the price We had dinner on South Beach at Spiga (good affordable and romantic)...so I can't talk too much about the food at the Biltmore. Breakfast (eggs benedict) however, was delicious

Brussels
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

We 've been there for our wedding birthday and it was marvelous!! The hotel is gorgeous,the swimming pool is unbelievable, the gardens are sumptuous, the staff is perfect.
If I could give more than a 10/10, I'll do.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

I stayed at the Biltmore for 4 nights in April as part of vacations, with my wife. We got a promotional rate at the hotel web site. Hotel is incredibly nice and fancy. Everything is huge, suntuous, and extremely beautiful. Even so the hotel is old, it has been refurbished several times, and infrastructure can be considered good. Only exception could be the TV sets (2 at the same room), that were 20 inches, and old (image not clear). Everything else was remarkable. The largest swimming pool you will ever see in your life. Definitely a place to stay at least once in a lifetime.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

i immensely enjoyed my visit to the Biltmore...a little out of the way, but when you drive up to the entrance you just know you chose wisely for your stay in Miami. We had to do some business in Miami and in Ft. Lauderdale but really, nothing was that far away...and when you returned...just heaven.. the staff, the food, the atmosphere, the golf course, the comfy bed that i had trouble leaving in the morning....I can not say enough...i feel lucky to have found this place.. you will too

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Been to Biltmore Hotel? Share your experiences!