“Great Hotel in Coral Gables/Miami” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Valley Stream, NY
“Great Hotel in Coral Gables/Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

we spent 4 days there from 3/15-3/19/15. We had a junior suite which we highly recommend which had a view of the pool and the golf course. we generally stay in 4-5 star hotels. This was equal to any hotel we have stayed in and better than most. the service staff was 5 star, nicest group of people we have evr had in a hotel from manager, to front desk, bell man, car jockeys, concierge, etc. The facility is beautiful, restaurants were for the most part excellent, golf course is terrific and pool area is outstanding

Room Tip: see above look at pool and golf course
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Northport, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This was our fifth stay at the Biltmore, and it was just as fantastic as the first time!! The staff are extremely professional and make it a point to remember our names. They welcome us back each time time and make us feel like we have come home. The staff could not be any more accommodating. the waiters and waitresses at breakfast are outstanding. The pool staff go above and beyond! This property is truly spectacular!!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My first visit to the Biltmore Coral Gables -- 0h my goodness there was a lot of people when I arrived on a Sunday. It wasn’t until after I checked-in I realized this was a membership based property so every space is shared with both traveling visitors and the local residence. And staying during a peak time like March and through Easter can be ultimately busy. This is not a terrible thing, but is good to know if are expecting to have a place a bit more exclusive and less active.

Ideally located within an easy 20 minute drive from the airport inside a lovely community of Coral Gables is this historic landmark where movies were filmed, and dignitaries and celebrities have stayed. And after one of the bellman was generous enough to give us an unexpected personal tour of the historic 13th floor Everglades Suite I learned of some interesting notorious characters have roamed these halls as well.

My Jr. Suite was spacious, airy and filled with great natural lighting from the large windows that gave way to an awesome view of the golf course. I loved the extra tall ceilings and the hotel’s version of creature comforts, meaning I was not to hung-up on not having a built-in media charging station or a contemporary designed bathroom. I recognized what it is for what it is (registered historic has its limitations). If you know what
I mean you’ll understand and may like this place too!

It was fun getting to know the drivers when I used the hotel’s town car service. I found it very convenient, taking me anywhere within a 2 mile radius from the hotel. Even though it was first come first served with a waiting time of up to 10 minutes I felt the value of the trade-off was well worth it. I really can’t say enough about the great location! As a result of my stay – the Biltmore is a landmark and I left pleasantly surprised.

Room Tip: Jr. Suite rooms are better to start with. Upgrade to the golf suite - it's worth the extra.
Green Features: It doesn't actually follow its own policy -- towels are replaced daily.
Coral Gables, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

From the minute you walk in until the minute you walk out...i felt special.
With my husband in hand and my bikini we walked around in aw of the architectual surrounding. The Pool was Huge!! the service was excellent and the staff was there to make everyone love their stay. I was luck to stay for 2 nights ...wish it was longer but i had to work on that Monday... I soaked up the experience like no other.
I decided to go to the salon to get pampered..why not right..Loved it and i fell asleep...but i guess its normal.
We rented a cabana...it was private , clean and chic..very Miami very chic and service was top. the Pool was never ending and you could tell that every corner was taken care of.
If i have to say something....maybe the rooms need a little upgrade...just a little facelift. but the bathrooms were great and clean...to me cleanliness is the most important and it was clean.
The price is what you would expect..but the quality is there..and you have to pay for quality here.. it is what it is!! This is Coral Gables..High Class Coral Gables !!

Too bad i don't play golf...or else i would of been in heaven....but my husband and i were happy to kick up our feet at the pool are the whole time....we loved it!!!

Will be booking soon!!!

Room Tip: ask for balcony
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

While this is an historic and beautiful property, no one cares about you. Three issues appeared during our stay and no one cared. While they use the luxury language such as beautiful, lovely, wonderful, my pleasure, our pleasure, terrific and so forth, no one really cares. I suspect this is because they really have no competition. They are located in an extremely wealthy neighborhood not near the beach. So, therefore, the guests may be there for business conferences or golf. If they had to compete with the beach, they would never make it. Issue #1 we had no toilet. The toilet simply would not flush. We reported this at 7pm before heading to dinner. After we returned at 10pm the issue was not addressed. We then called the front desk and, it took two additional calls and it was over one hour before the engineer showed up. He declared that the issue was resolved, however, overnight and the next morning the same exact thing happened. We ended up going 10 floors down to the lobby overnight and the next morning to use the bathroom. We called the next morning and after two engineers interrupted our morning sleep at 6:30am because we had no toilet, it was determined that it had to be replaced. At no time was a room-move offered. We literally were in the room unable to shower etc,, while they replaced our toilet. At no time was a room-moved offered. I went down to speak with the Manager on duty and got the assistant. She was lovely in her language and offered us a bottle of wine for not having a bathroom all night and all day. My wife was so insulted that she literally took the tray, ice bucket and wine back to the desk. We felt that we should have been offered at least a comp for the one night. Nothing else was offered and no apology. Other issues included quite simply that I requested extra pillows and while they brought them, they took them away every night at turn down. Strange. And then we had the message light flashing on our phone and when we tried to retrieve it , the system asked for a password. We attempted this several times and the front desk insisted that there was no password required. Strange. Worst Hotel in the World in the one of the most beautiful places in the world!!!!

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We ended up at this hotel for a conference, and extended our stay to complete one week here. This is an outstanding property with exceptional staff and first class services. We found the location peaceful, safe, and beautiful. The bellman, the housekeeping, the bar service, the conference organizational support, and the food are all of the highest standard. The swimming pool is exceptional, both for sun worshipers and for swimmers. We found the concierge services very helpful; information provided was accurate and reflected good judgement. There is a town car service, which we used to travel to nearby restaurants, and their service was prompt, professional, and readily available. Food in all but the poolside Cascades bar was excellent, including the food provided for our conference. This is not a beach hotel, but it is a great destination resort facility. Should our travels take us back to Miami, we would book this place in a heartbeat.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Best experience, super gym, wonderful pool, exquisite decoration, excellent service, nice gardens, great food, great wines, marvelous spa, yoga class, pet friendly, nice golf course. Could improve the shower, windows could open so we could take pictures of the amazing view.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Been to The Biltmore Hotel? Share your experiences!