“Lovely Historic Property” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Lovely Historic Property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

The Biltmore lives up to its name. Lovely foyer at reception. Everything looks just like photos online. Our room was on the 10th floor, and was very spacious. The reason for the 4 rather than 5 star is the loss of the use of so much room. As I said, room was big, but too much "dead space" - the area wasn't utilized well. There is a step up landing from the room going towards the bathroom. Huge closets. Probably at one time a dressing area - which it should be again. This landing was wasted and not used. A makeup vanity or a work desk would have been ideal. Ate at the Italian restaurant Fontana - good food, fabulous service made it nice. After dinner cocktails at the Cellar Club bar - nice drinks, good service. Friendly people in the small shop. In the morning wanted to eat at Cascades, got turn around and ended up at Fontana's outside seating - need better signage. Missed breakfast by less than 5 minutes and they woulkd not fix even a scrambled egg - that was disappointing and I was surprised since we had just miss the timing by a few minutes. then realized we were at Fontana's. We were on a schedule and too pressed for time so had salads that did not impress, maybe because we were disappointed in not getting breakfast. Sitting out by the pool is a nice way to have drinks and small servings of tapas. Great beds. View of golf course from our room window. Now can say "been there, done that".

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Returned last week from a four night stay at the Biltmore with my husband and two childred.We attended a wedding there Saturday night which would take up a whole review in itself, suffice to say it was an incredible time! Can't say enough about the Biltmore staff. At check in I found that my request for a pool view room fourth floor or up could not be accomodated. I was disappointed but I understood from previous conversations that there were very few junior suites with 2 queen beds. Upon arrival at our room 345 we were pleasantly surprised to find it had a large balcony. The room was large and clean. It does need some freshening of the paint and the desk portion of the room divider was pulled apart and nails were showing. I really expected at least the paint to be fresh but it was doable. The room did have an odor but that's Florida. I found leaving the window open a crack gave just enough fresh air to get rid of the mildew smell. Just an FYI the front desk clerk (I want to say Antonia but I can't be sure but she was incredible) called the room and let us know she had moved some things around and could show us a room that met all of our requests. That room was fresh and bright and just lovely. However, at that point my husband and kids just wanted to stay in our room. Beds were comfy. One problem was showering right before the big event. Thank goodness I had my shower but when my husband tried the handle on the shower was stripped and would not turn on. Crisis right before the wedding. I called down and within 15 minuted mechanical came up and fixed it but I had aready sent my husband to my sisters room to shower. It was annoying to have the workers in there while I was trying to dress but I put the kids on guard duty while I changed in the other room LOL. The hotel is historic so these things happpen. Hallways are a litte dark. Pool is spectacular. Pool service is friendly as are all the service people. Dinner at Fontana was good. Lunch at the 19th Hole as well as Cascades were enjoyable. My only real complaint about the Biltmore would be the price of the drinks. $15 for a mojito is steep. I hate to feel like you are just sticking it to me a little too much when it comes to cost. The mojitios were delicious by the way but with tip one drink was $18.00. We went to a liquor store and had cocktails in our room so it was all good. The bellman was more than happy to get ice for our beer too! The concierge was very knowledgeable and helpful with maps and directions. He also reccomended a good pizza place for delivery for the night we went out without the kids. Yes you will see pizza delivery at the Biltmore. Hubby played golf and loved it. I had my hair done at the salon and it was a relaxing time. Kids saw Michael Jordan and Hillary Clinton along with some fablulous cars for the Crist fundraiser. Architecture is just stunning. FYI be very careful around the pool. At least 7 people we knew who stayed there reported almost falling. My son twisted his ankle when he slipped. We checked out late and were able to shower in the fitness center which had everything we needed but the clerk was not going to let my kids in because they were under 18 yo. Hmm. Might be something they need to clear up policy wise. Overall a wonderful stay! PS we did the buy 3 nights get 4 nights and it was a reasonable and fair rate.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
BiltmoreHotel, at Biltmore Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of the Biltmore Hotel. I very much appreciate all of your feedback and am very happy you took the time review us as well as the many amenities we have to offer. I hope that you and your family are able to return very soon!

Yours truly,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

From the moment you arrive at the luxurious Biltmore Resort and Spa in Coral Gables, be ready to relax and unwind for the ultimate getaway. The rooms are beautifully appointed, extremely clean, and have an old world charm about them to enjoy. The views are stunning, be it the pool or golf course you see from your window. I suggest spending the extra money for a suite, as the sitting area is lovely. Room service is extraordinary! Be it breakfast, lunch or dinner. Don't miss their homemade Chicken Noodle Soup or Key Lime Pie for dessert. The spa is a luxurious escape! The treatments available are extensive and they carry the Babor line, which is an amazing and wonderful for your skin. I highly recommend any of their facials, massages or body scrubs. There is also a full service salon for a last minute blow-dry for a night out or a mani/pedi! Indulge! You will thank me! Also not to be missed are the signature shops, with an extensive line of clothing, bathing suits along with pretty
pajamas! The bar carries wonderful wines, champagne and top shelf liquor. It is a cozy place for drinks and appetizers. Staying over on a Saturday night? Don't miss Sunday Brunch! It is truly an amazing culinary experience. Speaking of culinary experiences, the Biltmore has a Culinary Academy where you can learn to cook the very dishes you so love to enjoy at their restaurants! The staff is also wonderful. Friendly, warm and welcoming. Don't miss this gem! We are repeat guests for a reason! You will be too!!!

• Stayed October 2014
BiltmoreHotel, Managing Director at Biltmore Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the lovely review of the Biltmore Hotel. I am so appreciative that you are a repeat guest of ours and truly cherish this beautiful and historic hotel. I hope that you can return very soon!

Sincerely yours,

Caracas, Venezuela
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Although I had no opportunity at all to enjoy all the facilities on this trip, I consider TB a great hotel, nice facilities, great cust. service and magnificent food. ATaxi will cost 17$ from Airport.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
BiltmoreHotel, at Biltmore Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Alfredo,

Thank you for the review. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay, however I do hope you can come back soon to enjoy all the wonderful amenities we have to offer!

Kindest regards,

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Wanted to stay in luxury hotel with golf package to improve our golf. We booked "Fore your Improvement" which was advertised from 9am-12.00pm tution and then included a round of golf daily. We booked this for 4 days.

However, on the first morning we turned up at the Pro Shop where nobody knew of our package and the Pro Shop told us the hotel were to blame. We were told the Pro was away and suggested we go on a "Play & Stay" package which included breakfast and a round of golf each day. We were not happy about this as quite frankly we could have done this at any hotel with a golf course.

It then got worse as the second day when we went to play, we asked to book for the following day and were told there was a tourament taking place and no golf was being booked. This is absolutely disgraceful as clearly when we booked our trip no communication was made between the hotel and Pro Shop.

We went to Reception to complain and were told the person we needed to speak to was not available and could we call from our hotel room. We tried again and were put back to Reception. I asked them again if somebody could call me and I heard nothing. By now my husband and I were losing our patience and the following morning after golf we went to Reception again to ask to speak to somebody about how unhappy we were. We were told the person was at lunch could we try again!!

Eventually, we spoke to a charming lady called Brooke Abramowitz. She apologised about what had happened and told us she would change our package and include breakfast.

The day we checked out breakfast had been included on the invoice and once again I had to go to reception to have this removed.

Our stay was a total disaster and we would not recommend this hotel for a golf package under any circumstances.

Celia Stocks

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Naples, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have probably been wanting to stay in this hotel for about 20 years as I live in South Florida. My husband and I had an occasion to visit there for a work related awards banquet and I can't stop thinking about it. Incredibly attentive staff (from valet to room service), phenomenal environment and if you know anything about Florida history, you are aware of how well they have preserved this resort. The rooms were very clean and well appointed, but I think the lobby is the best representation of this hotel. Cages of finches, multiple botanicals, vintage art and photowork as well as cases of preserved antiques from the hotel. It may FEEL old, but they do not leave you unattended. This is an expensive stay, but for a long weekend...totally worth it!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
BiltmoreHotel, Managing Director at Biltmore Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Betty,

Thank you for writing a review of the Biltmore Hotel. I am so happy that you had a chance to stay with us and experience what we have to offer. I hope you can come back and stay with us soon!

Yours truly,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I am a frequent business traveler, and and a demanding guest. The Biltmore always delivers. I chose the Biltmore because of its location and its long history. In a city of everything new, the Biltmore is a grand dame yet completely modernized.

The service matches the elegance. The front desk always greets me by name on each check in and out. Join the leading hotels of the world leaders club to get great amenities which includes breakfast here, which is especially good. You can eat inside or outside by the fountain.

The hotel gym is large and complete, and they have tennis, golf and huge pool.

Stay at the Biltmore with confidence.

Room Tip: Room over looking golf course and pool are best