“Don't miss the brunch!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Fort Myers, Florida
“Don't miss the brunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This hotel is timeless. I had been there with the family in June, 1997 and my experience was just as wonderful in August, 2014. The pool is still large and in a beautiful setting. The restaurant was top notch in innovative menu choices, food taste, presentation and service. The Sunday brunch is pricey, but a superlative, memorable experience. Great range of dishes, live music, excellent service with the endless Mimosas and Bloody Marys. Great location in lovely Coral Gables--close enough to the lively craziness of South Beach, but a respite in the quiet residential area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I hadn't been to the hotel in many years and it's still wonderful. I had two great treatments in their gorgeous spa. The service at the spa should be emulated by more spas everywhere. Lots of staff eager to help and top notch aestheticians. I had dinner at the Italian restaurant and received great service yet again. My only complaint about my room is that the shades let the sun in much too early!! They need blackout shades or bring a mask. Walking around the neighborhood is relaxing and there's a nice fair trade boutique near the church across the street. The pool is just wow. Loved it! Last time I stayed at the Westin in Coral Gables and that's just plain stupid.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

If you can afford it, this is a great hotel experience. Nestled into the green quietness of Coral Gables, the Biltmore is away from the garish, touristy hype that is most of Miami. I found even a basic room is very nice (lovely bathroom and shower!) and larger suites and golf-course views only sweeten the experience. Florida residents can get a 20% discount on rooms, so be sure and ask.

However, be ready to pay top dollar for everything, and keep some cash in your pocket for tipping—the valets, the porters, the pool attendants, everybody. The restaurants have great food, but watch out for those cocktails, or you'll get a shock when your bill comes.

The pool, oh, the pool. It's huge, and it's beautiful, and if you happen to be swimming next to some splashy kids, it's so big, you can easily make your way to a quieter location and keep bobbing and relaxing. The poolside bar will even serve you your drinks in the pool, if you wish to sip wine and chat without getting out and drying off.

Over all, the Biltmore is a lovely experience. I found the prices all over the property to be a bit much, but you're also paying for the lovely atmosphere, and in that respect, you get everything you pay for.

Oh.... one hint: Ask any of the staff about the ghosts!

Room Tip: Ask for a golf course or pool view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I enjoyed a beautiful quiet birthday weekend. I don't usually stay so far from all of the action but found it was welcome change. The pool was fantastic but unfortunately I only got to use it 1 out of the 3 days I was there because of the weather. The only negetive I found was that we arrived a little earlier than expected and when we checked in we were told to wait in the lobby for our room. We waited for 3 hours and only after asking for the fourth time at 4 o clock were we shown to a room. Check in was supposed to be at 3. Other than that the rooms were clean quiet and comfortable. The grounds are stunning and the spa was wonderful. Other than our check in fiasco we had a great time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Naples, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We decided to get away for an overnight stay at The Biltmore in Coral Gables this past Memorial Day weekend in May. Our excitement built as we arrived at this historic landmark and were greeted by some very friendly desk personal at check-in. Staying at this prestigious hotel was dashed as we discovered a room full of discarded termite wings on the window sill and floor. I have a hard time understanding why housekeeping did not notice them but it truly was easy to spot. Immediately we went back to the front desk to complain and again they kindly gave us a new room and mentioned that the hotel would credit us $50 towards breakfast for our inconvenience. Nice touch but the credit was never added to our final bill. I contacted the hotel via email to bring this to their attention and to this day have not received any credit.
First to have termites and not address the issue is a huge problem and second, if you make a promise to a guest, then keep it. Thanks for bursting my bubble on staying at this beautiful landmark.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
BiltmoreHotel, Managing Director at Biltmore Hotel, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, I always appreciate feedback. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while staying at the Biltmore Hotel during Memorial Day weekend. After investigating your incident, I confirmed that you were credited the $50.00. We will be emailing you the copy of your folio today and please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.

Once again, I am truly sorry for the unfavorable experience you had, but do hope that when you return to Coral Gables you are able to stay with us again.

Sincerely yours,

Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

I enjoyed my time at the pool. This is destination resort. When we were there, the resort was preparing for an NFL wedding. It was fun spotting NFL football players for 3 days. The lobby is very unique. It's fun hearing the harpest playing during the tea time. It's a little tricky if you want to walk somewhere, not many sidewalks. It's best to take a taxi to your destination.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
BiltmoreHotel, at Biltmore Hotel, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the feedback. I hope that you are able to stay with us again and have another memorable experience.

Yours truly,

Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We recently were invited to the hotel by family members who were guests there. On two occasions, we ordered cocktails from the bar and were extremely disappointed. I ordered a "Dark n' Stormy". This is a simple cocktail. Fill a glass with ice. Fill with ginger beer. Pour in Gosling dark rum. Obviously, the bartender never heard of this cocktail, did not have the proper ingredients, and made a failed attempt to improvise. I received the drink with a glass full of seltzer water, some grated ginger, and probably a light colored rum. It was awful. On a second occasion, we ordered a "pisco sour". Again, the bartender had no idea. This also is a simple drink consisting of pisco, lemon juice, and sugar. The drink was served with a slice of orange on the glass. What?????

The restaurant service was even worse. One evening at the Cascade restaurant, we ordered simple sandwiches. After many complaints, we were served 1-1/2 hours later!!!! Upon our insistence, the manager did give a credit for the food. However, I doubt the kitchen management problems have been resolved.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
BiltmoreHotel, at Biltmore Hotel, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing the Biltmore Hotel. I sincerely apologize for the unfavorable experience you had while dining at the Cascade restaurant. Please rest assured that I have dealt with the department involved to prevent future occurrences. I do hope that you are able to come back and visit the Biltmore Hotel so you are able to experience our true colors.

Sincerely yours,
Matthias Kammerer

Been to Biltmore Hotel? Share your experiences!