“Great pool, beautiful lobby” 4 of 5 stars

Florida Resident Offer
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
GreenLeadersGold level
Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin
“Great pool, beautiful lobby”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

I enjoyed my time at the pool. This is destination resort. When we were there, the resort was preparing for an NFL wedding. It was fun spotting NFL football players for 3 days. The lobby is very unique. It's fun hearing the harpest playing during the tea time. It's a little tricky if you want to walk somewhere, not many sidewalks. It's best to take a taxi to your destination.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We recently were invited to the hotel by family members who were guests there. On two occasions, we ordered cocktails from the bar and were extremely disappointed. I ordered a "Dark n' Stormy". This is a simple cocktail. Fill a glass with ice. Fill with ginger beer. Pour in Gosling dark rum. Obviously, the bartender never heard of this cocktail, did not have the proper ingredients, and made a failed attempt to improvise. I received the drink with a glass full of seltzer water, some grated ginger, and probably a light colored rum. It was awful. On a second occasion, we ordered a "pisco sour". Again, the bartender had no idea. This also is a simple drink consisting of pisco, lemon juice, and sugar. The drink was served with a slice of orange on the glass. What?????

The restaurant service was even worse. One evening at the Cascade restaurant, we ordered simple sandwiches. After many complaints, we were served 1-1/2 hours later!!!! Upon our insistence, the manager did give a credit for the food. However, I doubt the kitchen management problems have been resolved.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Coral Springs, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I'm a local resident who spends some time at the Biltmore now and then. Because I could find no parking spaces I valet parked my car. I was there an hour and a half.

I drove home in the dark. The next day as I looked for my new Maui Jim sunglasses, they were missing . I stopped at the gas station and checked for my hidden cash to fuel up & it was missing . Some carrying bags, New swim gear- all missing.

I reported the missing items in my car to the valet service. Nothing had been put in lost and found. I was told they would check the video footage. Wherever they parked the cars is not covered by a video camera.

I asked if they normally lock the cars out in the field or wherever they parked them. They said yes. Well there goes that theory about some prankster rifling through a bunch of cars, it was just mine.

I spoke to the hotel manager & he spoke to the valet service which is a separate company from the Biltmore Hotel, a third-party.
I then got the call from the Valet mgr giving me the information that nothing was found & nothing was seen.
I'm told this doesn't happen at the Biltmore Hotel. Well it does.

The items I have to replace will cost me over $300.
Before fore warned to take anything of value out of your car when valet parking here.

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stepping into this lovely old hotel you can just imagine the days when a vacation really meant a getaway in a beautiful setting.
Forget the pace of our world today- calls, texts, 24 hour attachments-
Enjoy the most beautiful swimming pool that most people will ever see- stroll the quiet paths around the hotel-
there are services missing- you can't sit in the lobby with friends and order a drink, limited service by the pool...but on the whole if you can find a special rate this hotel is great!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We actually didn't stay at the hotel (we´re in downton Miami), but we visited the place and spent a whole sunny afternoon there, first eating at the Cascade (the pool bar), then just walking around the property. It's all very elegant and luxurious, but the star is the architecture of the hotel itself. The building is marvelous, a real classic of an era, surrounded by palm trees and blue sky. Well, of course, my wife and I tried the famous Mojitos too, and they didn't disappoint. The whole service, by the way, was very friendly and helpful. Maybe next time.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

After having a 7 hour drive turn into 17 1/2 we arrived at the Biltmore at 1:30 am. The staff was wonderful and we arrived in our 2 bedroom Suite where the wine and cheese tray was delivered and the beds were amazing. We at breakfast in the room each day which was wonderful and wished we had more time to explore all of the amenities. It was a nephews last free weekend before starting Law School at Unv. Miami. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, including weddings. There were 2 taking place there that weekend. Highly recommend! The location was great, area around hotel was great and quick to all the amenities!

Room Tip: We needed 2 bedroom suite but any room in this hotel is nice. They also allow pets for guest staying...
Green Features: When we were there they had an exhibit of large scale snails that were made of recycled red plastic... They were all over historic places in Miami and The Biltmore was one of them.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
BiltmoreHotel, at Biltmore Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Biltmore Hotel. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your time while staying with your family before your nephew started the University. I do hope that when you visit South Florida again you are able to stay with us.

Yours truly,

Matthias Kammerer
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel has it all. The spa is great, pool too. Hotel has shuttles to shopping and the concierge really helps with getting around. A short drive to downtown Miami and southbeach but a world of difference. You can truly relax here in the beauty of this resort.

• Stayed December 2013
BiltmoreHotel, at Biltmore Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Rose,

Thank you for the review! I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and were able to use our spa and pool and have a relaxing time. I hope when you visit Miami again you can stay at the beautiful and historic Biltmore Hotel.

Sincerely yours,

Matthias Kammerer

Been to Biltmore Hotel? Share your experiences!