“a great escape in the middle of Coral Gables” 5 of 5 stars

Florida Resident Offer
Ranked #1 of 11 hotels in Coral Gables
GreenLeadersGold level
Boston, Massachusetts
“a great escape in the middle of Coral Gables”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

great and friendly staff, nice “old” hotel- a Landmark - with up to date amenities / facilities. We never left the hotel site as we found everything we needed there: excellent restaurants, nice spa, marvelous golf, a dream pool!

Room Tip: ask for a high floor room, the view is amazing
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
BiltmoreHotel, Managing Director at Biltmore Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Ronaldo,

Thank you for reviewing the Biltmore Hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your time here and that you were able to use all of our amenities! I hope you are able to stay with us again in the near future.

873 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My wife and I were celebrating our 49th wedding anniversary and we decided to spend it at the Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables. As Florida residents, we were given a special rate. We live only a ten minute drive from the Biltmore, but arriving there was like being in one the most elegant hotels in Southern France or the Amalfi Coast. We book a small suite for our weekend stay. It was absolutely marvelous with its stone and marble bathroom, its comfortable couch and sitting area and it faux canopied king bed. The view was magnificent overlooking the huge pool and the beautiful golf course. We couldn't stop looking out the window. We rented a cabana at the pool. It was well worth the money as our cabana attendant, Carrie, catered to our every need.

We made diner reservations one night at the Palm d'Or, a Michelin rated restaurant. We were not disappointed. Since it was Miami Spice Month, we opted for the special three course diners. It was superb. The service had no equal, the ambience was classical and the food was terrific. The next evening, we dined at Fontana, the hotel's Italian restaurant. It's atmosphere is more casual, but beautiful as well. We met the chef who was preparing food in an open kitchen. He told us he was from Bologna, the home of lasagna. After having a delicious pork belly appetizer, we each ordered the lasagna. It was a four tiered pasta and beef layered delight. It was so big, neither my wife nor I could finish our dish.

If staying at the Biltmore or not, you cannot miss the Sunday morning Brunch. It is probably the best brunch my wife and I have ever been to. From King Crab to sushi, to roasts to omelets, from caviar to bagels and lox, you name it, it's there. Champagne and morning cocktails flow. The desserts are to die from. My only caution, pace yourself.

The Biltmore Spa is terrific and the golf course is world class. If you're coming to Miami, skip the hustle and bustle on Miami Beach and go to the elegant, beautiful Biltmore Hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the pool and golf course on upper floors.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing the Biltmore Hotel for your 49th wedding anniversary! I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to experience our amenities including our restaurants during the Miami Spice Month. I hope to welcome you both back soon.

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I was excited about spending a few days here for my vacation, but I was underwhelmed. It just felt like any hotel, not at all like a luxurious resort.
The customer service was poor - the girl at the front desk directed us to the wrong wing of the hotel for our room. And when we finally got there, the room needed updating. The TVs were very old and the furniture was as well.
The hotel only had one pool and no beach. And when you are at the pool, no one comes to help you with the towels or lounges. There just no customer service or anyone who makes you feel like you're at a real resort.
If you can afford it, go to the Breakers instead!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
BiltmoreHotel, Managing Director at Biltmore Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincere apology for the unfavorable experience you had while staying at the Biltmore Hotel. I regret that you were left disappointed. I hope that you may return so you can experience the Biltmore Hotel's true colors and our luxury costumer service.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We decided to stay at this fabulous hotel at the last minute, when needing a place the same day on a road trip. Wow! It is one of the most beautiful properties we've ever visited, and the pool is phenomenal. I believe they said it's the largest in N. America...and it's incredible. The standard room is more like a suite; very high end linens, clean, spacious and comfortable. They honored an Expedia rate I found but booked with the hotel directly. The grounds around the property are gorgeous and we ate dinner and breakfast onsite. Every part of the stay was great. The bellman was an unexpected treat as well - giving us "fun facts" about this 100 year old property, and telling us about the special features of the hotel. He added to the ambiance and great stay. The work out gym is incredibly impressive - this would be a great hotel for a convention. We want to go back, but without kids next time! Don't miss this gem - it's worth every penny and then some. We had read that the hotel was haunted too, but the ghosts didn't visit us. Highly recommend both hotel, pool and onsite restaurants.

Room Tip: We didn't pay for a view, but I imagine any room in this stunning hotel is amazing.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the kind review. I am so thrilled that you picked us last minute and loved your stay! I can't wait to welcome you back again in the future.

Chevy Chase, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is about the 4th stay here. It is always such a pleasure and you feel like you are staying at a grand estate. Close enough to South Beach and downtown to cab in for excitement but a pure chill relaxed feeling at the Hotel. I had two vehicles shipped to me and they arrived before I did. The concierge and valet were gracious and worked together to park them in the garage until my arrival. This place is such a charming well staffed hotel. The pool is perfect, the views from the room over the golf course or pool are relaxing and everyone seems to be happy to help you. Plus, you cannot beat the value, especially during off season. I have had suites, singles and doubles and each room has been very nice. If you have a car, ask the valet about a wash if its dirty. They have a guy on-site who will clean it for you for only $20. One of the shipped vehicles was filthy from the long haul and they did an excellent job getting all the bugs off. A great get-a-way and I can't wait to visit again.

Room Tip: Views over the pool or golf course are nice
Dear Neil,

Thank you for being a loyal guest and for your review of the Biltmore Hotel. I am very happy that you enjoyed our amenities offered and that you experienced first hand our luxury service. Hope you are able to come back very soon!

Park City, UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I am very familiar with South Florida, and specifically Miami, Miami Beach, Palm Beach, and Fort Lauderdale. My family has stayed at some great properties including The Breakers, Lago Mar, The Anglers, The Fountainbleau, and The Betsy, but our favorite, by far, is The Biltmore in Coral Gables. The staff is always courteous, and anxious to help in any way possible. The rooms are spacious, clean and well appointed with plenty of towels, comfy bedding/pillows, a well stocked mini-bar and two flat screen TVs. The spa in top notch, as is the gym and golf course. We were particularly impressed with the poolside cabanas and the quality of the food and service around the pool (which is the largest in the continental USA). Palm D'Or serves very tasty food and has an extensive wine list. I really can not say anything bad about The Biltmore. If you are planning a trip to Miami, and don't necessarily NEED to be on the beach, then look no further. Truthfully, I would rather stay at The Biltmore and drive 15 mins to Key Biscayne, South Beach or Bal Harbour, than stay in any of the hotels in those areas. Simply put, they do not compare. If you are planning to visit the University of Miami, then the decision is a no-brainer!

Room Tip: suite with a view of the pool
BiltmoreHotel, at Biltmore Hotel, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Guest,

I cannot thank you enough for your review. It makes me very pleased to know that you are a loyal guest of the Biltmore Hotel. I hope we get to welcome you back soon!

Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

There are few hotels that have the style and charm of the Biltmore in Coral Gables. A National Historic Landmark built in 1926 and situated on 150 tropical acres in Coral Gables, Florida; this grand hotel with all it’s interesting corners and romantic sweeping terraces leaves you feeling like you’ve stepped into a movie set from days long past. I had an incredible day relaxing with my Mom for tea.

This gorgeous view of the Golf Coarse sits at the rear of the hotel just above the pool deck. It’s almost as if the hotel is carved into the side of a hill because this is actually on the second floor.

A stroll around the Grand ball room was a little haunting. There was actually a really eerie feeling in that room especially when you look into the mirrors. They said that this room was once used as a hospital for surgeries during the war and the ghosts of past souls who died here still walk the halls. History has an incredible way of leaving it’s mark on us one way or another.

An enormous fireplace sits directly in the center of the ball room. I would imagine that they used this for warmth many years ago to keep the patience from freezing at night or perhaps to boil the water during the surgeries.

One of my favorite spots was overlooking the lush courtyard. I wish I had a book to just sit here and relax for a while. Work seems so far away from this place. Like a faded memory.. it’s not often that I experience those moments of complete mind rest but it really leaves you feeling refreshed.

High tea was next on my list for the day after a long stroll around the hotel. It’s one of my favorite things to do at any resort. Every Hotel does tea in it’s own unique way making it a memorable experience for your vacation. The Biltmore served their tea to a live harp player surrounded by guilt candelabras and fresh fragrant orchids. She was wonderful and made the hour a slice of heaven. I wanted to stay there all day.

After tea, a final exploration of the vast property found us at this beautiful fountain that filled the air with cool water sheltering us from the hot day. It was a refreshing courtyard made of coral stone. I wondered how many people had been there before me and if this portion of the hotel existed in the 20’s. That’s something that I have yet to discover.
BLoNDi

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your review of the Biltmore Hotel. I am very happy that you enjoyed the day with your mother for tea and a walk around the property. I hope you are both able to come back and enjoy another afternoon or stay.

Matthias Kammerer

Been to Biltmore Hotel? Share your experiences!