“Fabulous Birthday Celebration” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Jupiter
“Fabulous Birthday Celebration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I recently hosted my birthday celebration at the Biltmore in Coral Gables. The staff was outstanding, especially Raul the bellmen, who went above and beyond to help all my guests and give them a great history on the property. The pool was refreshing, we enjoyed a great dinner in Fontana on Friday night with a large party and the service was timely and the food delicious. The party went off without a hitch and everything was perfect. The hotel offers such a charming backdrop. Thanks Biltmore see you again soon!

Room Tip: The rooms are spacious and the pillows are so comfy.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review, I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your birthday celebration at the Biltmore Hotel. Hope we can have you back soon!

Matthias Kammerer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I now have stayed at this hotel for annual business meetings two consecutive years. The first year -- 2013 -- I stayed only one night and immediately regretted that decision. This year, I stayed three nights -- July 8th through the 10th of 2014 -- with a friend, and we had a great time.

As noted by many others, this hotel property has a long history and many traditions. You register this impact, and the elegance associated with this hotel, as soon as you enter. The floors, walls and the ceiling record many events -- some good, and others not -- that span many decades. You sense those experiences in the atmosphere. Unless you believe the property is haunted and that the spirits will attack you, you have nothing to worry about. My radar told me that no evil spirits are resident in this facility. If any spirits linger, they are very cool and will encourage you safely to have a fabulous time while there.

The staff is superior. They greet you warmly; they remember your name; they make you feel comfortable. These gestures are not fake; they are real and genuine. The members of this team know that their livelihood depends on you and they are determined to make you feel safe and comfortable. Without exception, and starting with the registration desk, these workers made me feel special.

The meeting facilities were very good. Everything worked well, The atmosphere was good. The food was especially good.

Two years in a row, I stayed in a suite located on the 7th floor. The first year, the hotel registration people simply placed me there. I was so impressed that I specifically requested the same room the following year. (I did not get it; the hotel advised me that someone has stayed in that suite continuously since March 2014.) The room I was given on the 7th floor down the hallo was spacious -- with a separate sitting area. The ceilings were very high. The room was exceptionally bright. The windows were tall and clean -- they simultaneously provided a clear view of the massive swimming pool and the stunning golf course.

The spa entrance was just down the hall. And, indeed, it is odd to find a spa on the seventh level of a grand hotel. Rumor has it that part of this floor was haunted, and the hotel leadership decided t make use of the area for public recreation rather than guest rooms. I do not know, the truth, and do not care.

I toured the spa, and it is compelling and superior.

The fitness center was absolutely world class for any hotel property. It is exceptionally well-equipped, and the equipment is comprehensive. This is a superior hotel fitness center; the hotel leadership obviously has spent considerable sums supporting it, and it is worth the investment.

The lounges were fine. The service was prompt and attentive.

The hotel is located in an upscale residential neighborhood. The property provides free shuttle service into Coral Gables for shopping and other dining options. This service doe not lock guests needlessly to hotel restaurants and lounges; it gives this much appreciated options.

In closing, I am pleased to write a glowing review of a distinguished hotel property. I visited a terrible hotel property in Punta Cana a few days later and found myself prompted to write a negative review. This experience moves to visit this hotel property in Coral Gables as soon as I can. It truly is a fabulous place, and it will give you an opportunity to make some great memories.

Room Tip: Beg for the 7th floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your glowing review! It makes me very happy to know that you enjoyed your time here and are willing to come back to the beautiful and historic Biltmore Hotel. I cannot wait to welcome you back again!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

This is a truly unique property. It is like stepping back in time, but in a good way. Pretend it is 1930 and you want to go where the movie stars and other celebrities go. Well, this place is where it all happened. Yes, some of it is dated, but that is part of the unique charm. The elevators are original (with updated guts), the Palm Court is iconic, and most of the hotel is "original." Take a look at the pool. You will never see anything like this anywhere else. Spectacular is a word that came to my mind when viewed from my 4th floor room. If you want to know what it was like in the Golden Age of Hollywood stars, this is the real deal. Photos everywhere of the famous people through the ages who came here. There are also some very unique rooms. If you have the bucks, reserve the $1640/night two story Everglades Suite where Al Capone and others stayed, and there are many more choices to make staying here a fabulous time. I would recommend the 1 Bedroom suite as the best choice for the price. Two nights in the hotel gives you bragging rights. Read the two page history lesson in your room. Do this place! (Stay away from the Palm D'Or Restaurant as they need a management shuffle there. It is overrated and pricey. See separate review.)

Room Tip: Ask to see the room when you check in to make sure you view is good. Ask to have a view of the pool...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
BiltmoreHotel, Managing Director at Biltmore Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for review. I am pleased to know that you are passionate about the beautiful and historic Biltmore Hotel. I hope that you can come back soon and that you enjoy your time here once again.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I stayed at the Biltmore many times when I was younger. The common areas and service were just as good as I remembered but our rooms were a bit of a disappointment. Evidently the hotel has been refurbished and unfortunately whoever they hired did a bit of a shoddy job. We stayed in a Jr. suite, room 345. The outside terrace had cracked tiles with plants growing in the cracks, the furniture had seen better days and the bathroom was less than average. The beds however, were great. Very comfortable. We ended up asking to change rooms and were given connecting rooms, 342 and 344 which were a bit better but there were small bugs in the bathtub...welcome to Miami. The cockroach are our native birds. Seeing them in the tub was a bit disconcerting though.
I also noticed that they charged my credit card several times for $800, $820 and $200 plus the reservation deposit for one night. I asked about the charges and they said they would be refunded and that the charges were to secure (I forgot the term they used) future charges or something like that. I wasn't too happy about that as I had not authorized those charges.
The bottom line is that this hotel is/was a Miami icon and I expected the same luxury from years past. It used to feel "posh" but doesn't any longer. Again, the common areas such as the pool and grounds were lovely. The staff was great and friendly, check out was easy.
Would I stay there again...? I don't know. Maybe if I got a reeeeeaaaly great deal. I like the hotel for personal reasons because I remember staying in it several times in years past so there's a bit of history in it for me. As for a new visitor, I can't advise or discourage. I'll remain neutral.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 345, Jr. Suite. The view isn't good and the room has bare tiled floors an...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate your feedback. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay and I apologize we did not fulfill our job of providing you the same experience you had when you were younger. I hope one day you can return so you can see the Biltmore Hotels true colors.

Yours truly,

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We did Not stay at this hotel but we did get a tour of the hotel and its rooms .The hotel is an amazing place with old beautiful design structures throughout with a bar, restaurants ..one in a courtyard which is breathtaking and a small very unique boutique,Plus a huge pool..I mean Huge!I cant speak on what it would be like to stay here.As we just went for "high tea" which was served in a beautiful room on the ground floor. "High tea" consists of scones, finger sandwiches and small delicate cakes and pastries. And of course tea. All served table side on a beautiful set tables covered in white linens. Three tier silver serving trays complete the look. Very impressive and very yiumy..The cost is 29-50 + Tax and Tip per person. Steep maybe, but trust me its worth it.Now you have to make a reservation as they custom make the scones ,cakes etc based on the people count.I believe its served everyday ( you may need to check on that) but I do remember the hours from 2pm -3.30 .There wasn't a place to write a "high tea" review but I really wanted to give one as it was really a fun afternoon.
We were given a tour of the hotel and it looked fantastic..

Green Features: beautiful old hotel. Have "high tea " its wonderful at this hotel..
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
BiltmoreHotel, Managing Director at Biltmore Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the review! I am so pleased that you enjoyed our high tea that we offer here. I hope you get the chance to stop by again.

Cave Creek, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

We've stayed at the Biltmore a number of times over the past five years and, invariably, it's something of a mixed bag. It's a beautiful property where you can just hang out by the pool (seriously nice) or have a cocktail in one of the period bars. Food at the Fontana or Cascade is fine to pretty good. Bell service folks can be outstanding. Less exciting is the hit or miss room (can be reasonably sized...or not) you may end up with, having confidence that the roll-out bed you ordered will fit, the high price for said roll-out bed, or the less-than-helpful people at the front desk when you try to resolve your problem. My humbly offered advice to the hotel: stop treating roll-out beds as an income stream and replace the couches with pull-out sleeper couches. So much easier and more guest-friendly.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
BiltmoreHotel, at Biltmore Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and for being a loyal guest to the beautiful and historic Biltmore Hotel. I apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced while on your recent stay and I truly appreciate your advice and will take note of that. I hope that you can come back and stay at the Biltmore very soon!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I have to tell you I read all the reviews and mainly why I booked the Biltmore..but I am not in love. In fact I left disappointed.

The hotel itself is impressive. The old history that it has within is incredible. The structure beautiful. The pool better than any I have ever seen. The building itself makes you look around and say wow.

Valet parking...not sure why it is $25 a day. But every time we called for the car it was not there and it normally was on the wrong level. Not sure why..but it was messed up every single time.

Concierge...great job! I got sick and needed medical treatment. They gave me information quickly on an urgent care. Had a print out available right away. Not the Biltmores fault but the Urgent Care is a little scary. Not exactly sure what it is all about but they got me well and that is all that matters.

Worse service ever at the restaurant by the pool. Started out great but not sure what happened as no one ever seemed to wait on us...fill our drinks...or check on us. Food was good but service horrible.

There isn't much surrounding the Biltmore or maybe we just didn't know the area. But move a few blocks away from the Biltmore and there are plenty of unsavory characters.

We also wanted information regarding tennis. We were told that the tennis was owned by the township. So we walked down to the building and no one was able to help us. We then walked to the gym and no one had any information on the tennis courts. Never got to play tennis and was disappointed. Poorly run!

I would not recommend nor would I stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
BiltmoreHotel, at Biltmore Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Linda,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your concerns. I have noted your issues and will investigate the incidents that arose on your stay. I truly apologize that your experience was not the best, however I do hope that you can come back to the future and experience the Biltmore Hotel's true colors.

Yours truly,

Matthias Kammerer

Been to Biltmore Hotel? Share your experiences!