“The pool is finally heated! wooo hooo” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
GreenLeadersGold level
Miami, Florida
“The pool is finally heated! wooo hooo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

The beautiful Biltmore Pool is now heated (as of January 2014.) The hotel has complimentary water aerobics classes for all hotel guests. Best deal ever! Working out in paradise and then having a refreshing after workout drink at the pool side bar or in your very own cabana.

Room Tip: room 607 beautiful view
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
ManagerCoralGables, Managing Director at Biltmore Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share this positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again at The Biltmore soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
St. Moritz, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Of course, not everything is as it should be. Ýou have to remember that the hotel is not modern - but no modern hotel has this charme. The lady at the concierge desk is extraordinary helpful and polite! I never before met such a good concierge.
The normal restaurant could be a better, it´s maitre d` seems to be upper class.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
As a world-class luxury destination resort, The Biltmore enjoys a stellar reputation for professionalism, services and quality of product within the industry. We’re delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, and appreciate your kind words about our Concierge staff.
Riyadh
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

This was a family trip to Miami. What a great disappointment with this hotel. Perhaps we had high expectations by some of the positive reviews on Tripadvisor. But unfortunately, the negative reviews were quite accurate on Tripadvisor. This is beautiful hotel, great facilities, but the people managing the property think that we should be "honored" to be guests of the hotel. I have never had such a terrible service in a supposedly 4 star hotel. We were a family of 5, three of them children. We booked two rooms, and asked the possibility of connecting, or at least, nearby rooms when we were checking in. We were given two rooms in different floors... because they were "sold out" that night. Very bad attitude when communicating this, by the way. We were told that it was our fault because we did not notify them in advance. Arriving at midnight after a long flight, and this "welcoming" reception at the front desk... Second, both of our rooms had great views: the hotel dumpster area.
There was very poor instruction from the front desk personnel about the amenities of the hotel, besides the supposedly "largest hotel pool" in the US. The pool was certainly large, but I doubt it is the largest in the US! I have stayed in many, many hotels in and out of the US with similar sized or even larger pools... Another big disappointment was with the Sunday brunch. We were having breakfast at the restaurant every day, but on Sunday they seem to have a brunch and they close the regular entrance of the restaurant. Of course, no signs explaining why the restaurant entrance was closed... We had to research where the entrance of the brunch was, and once we found it, there were some folks at the reception desk who did not even care to look at us and ask if we needed any help. After we stayed a few seconds there (again, no signs or any indication of the "process" to enter the dining area) we decided to go ahead and enter to see if we could find anyone to assign a table for us. It was interesting because we felt like the "invisible people": waiters passed us and no one greeted us or offered us assistance. Then I assumed the system was to take any available table and wait for service, and we did... only to be reprimanded by the brunch "manager" telling us that we needed to wait to be seated at the reception outside. We decided to go back outside, and the same two folks who ignored us initially at the reception, kept ignoring us by greeting other "guests" (perhaps their family members???) who were arriving AFTER us. Really it was very embarrassing situation, and we have never received this kind of treatment in any hotel in the world, even the bad ones... We decided to leave the place and eat somewhere else. But that did not end the story... Once we get to our car, which was self-parked at the hotel lot (I forgot to mention that we avoided the valet parking, since it took almost 20 minutes to get our car back the first day... for the modest sum of 25 USD), we found a note on our windshield saying that we were parked in a "restricted zone", and the management apologized for not having signs indicating so, but they were working on that... (?). In other words, we parked in the wrong place, but they admitted that it was their fault because there were no signs showing that (!). I wonder how long does it take to put a sign in that parking spot... Obviously more than 4 days, since we checked every day and never saw any signs!
I must admit that the people at the concierge and the doorman were a bit different, they seem to be nicer. Overall, it was a night and day service when we left and arrived to the Langham Place Hotel in New York, our third stop in our holiday vacation. What a difference! That was a real hotel with outstanding service (that review will come next). The Biltmore, sadly, is asking for a new owner who could take care of it properly, could train the personnel with professional peopleand preserve the name of this traditional facility of Coral Gables.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ManagerCoralGables, Managing Director at Biltmore Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am extremely surprised and disappointed by the experiences you had during your recent stay with us. We are proud of the high quality offerings and service we provide our guests on a consistent basis and take any feedback to the contrary very serious. We have reviewed your observations with our senior leadership team for action and consideration.

Best regards

Matthias Kammerer
Orangeburg, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stayed in a small suite during December graduation for a Univ of Miami relative. What a beautiful hotel. Very elegant. Our "wing" only had a few rooms on the side of the hotel. It was soooo not your typical hotel stay. Out bathroom actually had 2 sinks which worked out great. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

My stay was for December 20-25. Upon check in they attempted to give me a room that wasn't the one I reserved. At first I was told it was the same room but I pulled out my reservation to show it wasn't (a Terrace Suite versus Golf Suite). The manager Brooke then admitted that my room wasn't available because someone was allowed to extend their stay in my reserved and confirmed room. What was insulting was the attempt to deceive me into taking the wrong room assuming I wouldn't have the proof I had a different room. They were apparently planning on charging me the same rate for a smaller room and then to add insult to injury Brooke offered to reduce the price of a $500 room by $20 as if that was the issue. In most hotels you would get a larger better room at the same price and this was an attempt to give me a smaller room at the same price. I planned this trip for months with my family and picked a specific type of room. As an aside, I asked if the replacement room was near the wedding that was going on at the big building just back and West of the hotel. Brooke said it wasn't and when I got to the room it was right over all the noise the first night and every night thereafter that the Biltmore has weddings. I also had to go back to the front desk to get my original confirmation of my resrevation because Brooke had kept it in an apparent attempt to hide the evidence that I had been ripped off and my vacation spoiled. By the way, the closet in this Terrace Suite hadn't been cleaned in months because when I put some clothes on the shelf in the closet it was covered in dust. This is a beautiful property that needs professional management from a real hotel chain that knows about service (Four Seasons, etc.) I now know why this hotel has been in and out of bankruptcy or financial trouble for decades...they can't match the superb location with the service to get people to come back.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent arrival experience with us. We regret this unacceptable performance and have recently made some leadership changes in order to ensure that we provide high quality guest experience throughout the entire hotel. With regards to bankruptcy or financial troubles, you must have us confused with another, similarly named property.

Best regards

Matthias Kammerer
Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We have spent one night in this beautiful hotel. Check in was rather tedious with many sincere apologies but our room wasn't ready at 4pm. Not that big of a deal, however New Year's Eve is very busy for this hotel and there were only three people at the desk and one was a trainee. Also arrived for a hair appt and was told that she was running late. Another woman had also been waiting some time. It was almost an hour before they could take me in. The young ladies at the desk kept saying in a robotic voice, "my sincerest apologies for this delay" I actually wasn't too ticked off about anything but between the spa employees and front desk, we must have heard " my sincerest apologies for this delay" no less than 25 times. It seems as though this is the trained response but it was just plain annoying after the 10th time. The hotel itself is absolute gorgeous and the room was beautiful. However I think the management needs to reconsider how they staff the hotel on big nights!

Stayed January 2014
We are very appreciative of this feedback and regret that our service at the Front Desk and at the Spa failed to meet your expectations. The Biltmore prides itself on an outstanding service culture worthy of its luxury status. We have dealt with the staffing issues and are confident that the issues have been effectively resolved. We very much value your patronage and hope to have an opportunity to re-establish ourselves with you in the near future.
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

My family had to be in Miami for Christmas, and I chose the Biltmore as a family treat. And I'm very glad I did. The place is beautiful. It was like being in a big comfortable home. The staff was attentive, kind, formal, but not snobbish. Our bedroom faced the magnificent pool. It was roomy, with 2 queens and a sitting area, and the beds very comfortable. We had plenty of rooms to spread our Christmas gifts. I ordered my breakfast as room service, and my latte and toast were just perfect. My sons had the breakfast buffet, and the French toast crème Brule, no complaints there. I relaxed by the pool, that unfortunately is too big to be heated, but it is rarely cold in Miami anyway. The staff communicates with radio, what can be a little noisy. In all it was a very pleasant experience, I would like to go back and stay longer.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
We like to describe The Biltmore as “a bit of Paradise away from the hustle and bustle of busy Miami”. We’re pleased to hear that you left with unique and cherished memories from your stay at the resort - and we're delighted to inform you that as of January, our world-renowned pool is now heated!

Been to Biltmore Hotel? Share your experiences!