“Beautiful Old World Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
GreenLeadersGold level
Orangeburg, New York
“Beautiful Old World Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stayed in a small suite during December graduation for a Univ of Miami relative. What a beautiful hotel. Very elegant. Our "wing" only had a few rooms on the side of the hotel. It was soooo not your typical hotel stay. Out bathroom actually had 2 sinks which worked out great. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ManagerCoralGables, Managing Director at The Biltmore Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

My stay was for December 20-25. Upon check in they attempted to give me a room that wasn't the one I reserved. At first I was told it was the same room but I pulled out my reservation to show it wasn't (a Terrace Suite versus Golf Suite). The manager Brooke then admitted that my room wasn't available because someone was allowed to extend their stay in my reserved and confirmed room. What was insulting was the attempt to deceive me into taking the wrong room assuming I wouldn't have the proof I had a different room. They were apparently planning on charging me the same rate for a smaller room and then to add insult to injury Brooke offered to reduce the price of a $500 room by $20 as if that was the issue. In most hotels you would get a larger better room at the same price and this was an attempt to give me a smaller room at the same price. I planned this trip for months with my family and picked a specific type of room. As an aside, I asked if the replacement room was near the wedding that was going on at the big building just back and West of the hotel. Brooke said it wasn't and when I got to the room it was right over all the noise the first night and every night thereafter that the Biltmore has weddings. I also had to go back to the front desk to get my original confirmation of my resrevation because Brooke had kept it in an apparent attempt to hide the evidence that I had been ripped off and my vacation spoiled. By the way, the closet in this Terrace Suite hadn't been cleaned in months because when I put some clothes on the shelf in the closet it was covered in dust. This is a beautiful property that needs professional management from a real hotel chain that knows about service (Four Seasons, etc.) I now know why this hotel has been in and out of bankruptcy or financial trouble for decades...they can't match the superb location with the service to get people to come back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ManagerCoralGables, Managing Director at The Biltmore Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent arrival experience with us. We regret this unacceptable performance and have recently made some leadership changes in order to ensure that we provide high quality guest experience throughout the entire hotel. With regards to bankruptcy or financial troubles, you must have us confused with another, similarly named property.

Best regards

Matthias Kammerer
Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We have spent one night in this beautiful hotel. Check in was rather tedious with many sincere apologies but our room wasn't ready at 4pm. Not that big of a deal, however New Year's Eve is very busy for this hotel and there were only three people at the desk and one was a trainee. Also arrived for a hair appt and was told that she was running late. Another woman had also been waiting some time. It was almost an hour before they could take me in. The young ladies at the desk kept saying in a robotic voice, "my sincerest apologies for this delay" I actually wasn't too ticked off about anything but between the spa employees and front desk, we must have heard " my sincerest apologies for this delay" no less than 25 times. It seems as though this is the trained response but it was just plain annoying after the 10th time. The hotel itself is absolute gorgeous and the room was beautiful. However I think the management needs to reconsider how they staff the hotel on big nights!

Stayed January 2014
We are very appreciative of this feedback and regret that our service at the Front Desk and at the Spa failed to meet your expectations. The Biltmore prides itself on an outstanding service culture worthy of its luxury status. We have dealt with the staffing issues and are confident that the issues have been effectively resolved. We very much value your patronage and hope to have an opportunity to re-establish ourselves with you in the near future.
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

My family had to be in Miami for Christmas, and I chose the Biltmore as a family treat. And I'm very glad I did. The place is beautiful. It was like being in a big comfortable home. The staff was attentive, kind, formal, but not snobbish. Our bedroom faced the magnificent pool. It was roomy, with 2 queens and a sitting area, and the beds very comfortable. We had plenty of rooms to spread our Christmas gifts. I ordered my breakfast as room service, and my latte and toast were just perfect. My sons had the breakfast buffet, and the French toast crème Brule, no complaints there. I relaxed by the pool, that unfortunately is too big to be heated, but it is rarely cold in Miami anyway. The staff communicates with radio, what can be a little noisy. In all it was a very pleasant experience, I would like to go back and stay longer.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
We like to describe The Biltmore as “a bit of Paradise away from the hustle and bustle of busy Miami”. We’re pleased to hear that you left with unique and cherished memories from your stay at the resort - and we're delighted to inform you that as of January, our world-renowned pool is now heated!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We are from Miami and stay at The Biltmore every December for a holiday gala. The Jr suite is spacious with a sitting room and large king bed, 2 flat screens - one on each side of the desk, a fridge, and the bathroom is spacious just not much storage space by the sink. The Spa is fabulous and we go there often for a massage or facial even when we don't stay there. The food, in-room, outside and in the restaurant is amazing. The mini tacos and pizza from room service is a must. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. We love the Biltmore!

• Stayed December 2013
It is always a pleasure to hear from our loyal repeat guests and know that their warm Biltmore experience keeps them returning year after year. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!
Summerville, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Just returned today 12/19 from a four day stay at the Biltmore. Staff was the best, especially Alex at the 19th hole. Please, please follow the competition (Ritz and Trump Hotels) and install coffee makers in the room or at least a big urn on each floor. No one wants to travel to the cellar for a morning cup of joe and while you're at it, maybe small refrigerators in each room?

It's a splendid hotel with the best ever staff but I I'm sure many guests would prefer that first cup in their PJs rather than have to dress, shave, etc., etc. before that first sip.

Room Tip: Ask if they will install a coffee maker in your room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
It’s always a pleasure to hear from guests who have such a special connection with The Biltmore, as all of us here do. Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions with us.
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

My wife and I went to a Gala Dinner at the Biltmore and decided to stay for the night to avoid drinking and driving. We received an upgrade to a Jr. Suite. The rooms are nice, this one had a good balcony and a living room. The bathrooms are huge.
Good service, very traditional Hotel, if you stay at the Biltmore don't miss the Sunday brunch which is one of the best in Miami, it is worth every penny!
Also the pool is amazing, is cold due is not heated but is very refreshing...
GOOD HOTEL to surprise your wife or girfriend!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
As a world-class luxury destination resort, The Biltmore enjoys a stellar reputation for professionalism, services and quality of product within the industry. We’re delighted you enjoyed your stay with us - and we're even more delighted to inform you that our world-renowned swimming pool is now heated!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coral Gables
Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables
Courtyard Miami Coral Gables
#6 of 11 in Coral Gables
3.5 of 5 stars 354 reviews

Been to The Biltmore Hotel? Share your experiences!