“Unexpected, lovely hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Los Angeles, California
“Unexpected, lovely hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I had to fly to Florida for a family emergency. I had no idea where to stay that was close to the hospital. I chose another hotel chain because I had membership rewards with that chain. I arrived and was very disappointed. I passed The Biltmore Hotel on the way to the hospital. I stopped in and asked if they had a room available.
I explained my situation to the woman at the front desk, forgot her name. She could not have been nicer. I asked for a very quiet room away from the pool and elevator.
This nice person upgraded me to a room at no charge that was so lovely with a view of the golf course. It was quiet, the bed was comfortable and the food was excellent. Who knew?
On top of all the good service, this hotel room was less expensive than the room I'd previously booked with the hotel chain.
I was delighted with this hotel. The staff was courteous and helpful. The grounds were lovely and my room was lovely. My stay there made a stressful event so much easier.
I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the golf course are light, bright, sunny and very pleasant.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
ManagerCoralGables, Managing Director at Biltmore Hotel, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, The Biltmore staff continuously strives to exceed our guests’ needs and expectations. We're very happy to know that we could serve you so well in a time of familial stress. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Highland Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The Biltmore is a classic and classy hotel . It is romantic yet families love it too. Service is simply the best and our room was perfect in every way. Quiet with all the amenities , a gorgeous terrace and even a welcome basket from the manager. The restaurants on property are so incredible you never have to leave. The new chef at the Palm Dor, the Biltmores signature restaurant is every bit as wonderful as Chef Ruiz. In fact, he may even be better! Service in the restaurant is makes anyone feel special. For a special occasion the Biltmore is number 1 for us.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
As a world-class luxury destination resort, The Biltmore enjoys a stellar reputation for professionalism, services and quality of product within the industry. Additionally, Palme d'Or and Fontana restaurants have both received top Zagat ratings in South Florida for six years running. We’re delighted you enjoyed your stay - and the cuisine of our new Palme d'Or chef!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We have just spent two nights here, this Hotel is amazing, the facilities are excellent, staff very helpful, polite, attentive and make the stay here seem like a spa. We had dinner in the restaurant last night, that was superb, the Menu caters for just about everyone with a range of seafood, pasta, steak, that will please.The Hotel itself is impressive, both inside and out. If you want to have a base near Miami but don't want the hustle of Downtown but if you do it's 15 mins away.The pool is impressive too, very large and not overcrowded at all.

Room Tip: Check out the Biltmore website for deals, I found a 50% off second night which made the stay very re...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for this feedback. Our staff and management at The Biltmore always appreciate hearing from our guests. We’re delighted you and your family enjoyed the hospitality.
Sao Paulo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Biltmore is a historical hotel in Coral Gables.
It is near from Miami International Airport, in a beautiful and calm location.
The building is old but well maintained. Rooms are spacious and clean.
The hotel lobby are magnificent and the swimming pool are gigantic.
Service are very good except the front desk, which were not polite or attentive.
Breakfast and room service were good.
Internet and self-parking was free.
Bottom-line, a good hotel alternative near Miami, if you like a quiet and relaxing place.

Room Tip: Choose the pool view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ManagerCoralGables, Managing Director at Biltmore Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
We like to describe The Biltmore as “a bit of Paradise away from the hustle and bustle of busy Miami”. We’re pleased to hear that you left with unique and cherished memories from your stay at the resort.
Scarsdale, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We just got back from the Biltmore and were not impressed. We were moving our son into college and did not get to take advantage of the beautiful pool, which is incredibly large, or the golf. We did use the very nice gym one time.

When we checked in, we were given a room on a hallway that had a very bad odor. We called to complain and were told they would send a technician "right away." Twenty minutes later, we were told the same thing. Forty minutes later, a technician finally showed up and said that they knew there was a smell (I guess they counted on people just dealing with it). We finally went to the front desk to complain, and after having to insist that the room was unacceptable, we finally got into a room without a foul odor. The rooms were nice and spacious.

The food service at the restaurants were horrible. We had to wait incredibly long amounts of time to get served on two separate occasions (out of 3 meals eaten there). Again, we were told our food would be there "right away." Apparently, there must be some training to use those words, even when they don't mean it. It was clear that they did not have the restaurant staff to service the amount of people at the hotel. At the 19th hole restaurant, we had to go to the bar ourselves to get served water. And, the food at the Fontana restaurant was horrible - in addition to being very delayed. It was the worst Italian food I have had in many many years. The only positive was that the manager did comp the meal for my family of 4, of course, we barely ate any of this food. And, I would have much rather paid for a meal that was edible and timely.

The one area that did have good service was the bellmen.

With a son at college in the area, I was disappointed with this experience since I would have real qualms about going back. Hardly the service you would expect from a hotel with this name.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at The Biltmore. As one of The Leading Hotels of the World, we continuously strive to exceed the needs and expectations of our guests; therefore, your feedback is very important to us. We regret that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please rest assured that we have taken the appropriate measures to address the problems to prevent any future occurrences, and we have contacted you via your e-mail address to address the issues further. We appreciate the time you took to share your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I recently stayed at the Biltmore on business. it was a beautiful hotel and very close to the Airport. the restaurants were very nice however I did find the drinks very pricey. The grounds were magnificent and well cared for.

My room was very comfortable. I loved the Spanish tile in the bathroom. Beds were very comfortable and the turn down service was a nice touch. I would love to go back !!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
We are very appreciative of your comments and look forward to welcoming you on your future return visits to The Biltmore.
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

When I booked my stay at the Biltmore, my expectations were high as the hotel and reputation allows for. The first impression was a bad one. Although I paid a supplement to have a room with view on the golf green, I got one with view on the back garbage of the kitchen, plus 2 big aircos so noisy that I couldn't sleep. In such an hotel, you couldn't even imagine that such rooms do exist. But... the reception desk did the best to move me in another room so that I got another one the second day. Here the feeling was very different with a nice room and view on both the golf and the swimming pool.

My second and biggest disappointment came from the swimming pool. The biggest in Florida for sure, but the smallest area for transats and the worst service ever. A 3.00 PM, no transats and no towels anymore. Fresh towels did arrive at 5.00 PM. In the meantime, a real chaos of transats and durty towels everywhere. The following day, being at the swimming pool at 8.30PM, no towels yet. I -and many other people- had to wait 30 minutes before the first towels were available.
I have seen several other reviews pointing out the same issues, with a comment from the GM telling that it was a busy week-end. So what ? Never heard about planning and anticipation, Sir? This is the basis of good management. I have been in many bigger hotels in my life, and never saw such a disorganized and badly managed swimming pool.
Now, this is a real pity as the Biltmore is a nice hotel with unbelievable architecture and history, and superb service (top rating for the outstanding reception, concierge and valet service). But small details make big differences, high time to seriously re-think the organization and staff of the swimming pool to move from good to great.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
We regret that your stay failed to meet your expectations with regards to service at the pool: we are reviewing the staffing levels and operating hours of the pool and supporting departments in order to meet guest expectations. We are also increasing staff training hours in order to improve customer service and special request handling. We appreciate the time you took to share these concerns. We hope that you will afford us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Been to Biltmore Hotel? Share your experiences!