“A perfect hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
St. Petersburg, Florida
“A perfect hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

A stunningly beautiful hotel with one of the most accomodating staffs you'll ever find. Any meal in the courtyard is a treat but nothing tops that Sunday brunch -- extraordinary! My only recommendation (and I know I'm not the first to say this), an extended sunning area is needed with access to the pool -- there's just not enough chairs or area for a hotel this size. And everyone wants a chance to experience this incredible pool!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerCoralGables, Managing Director at The Biltmore Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, The Biltmore staff continuously strives to exceed our guests’ needs and expectations. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We have stayed at the Biltmore for several years now visiting our son at The University of Miami, and have always been big fans of this beautiful and gracious historic hotel full of the best modern amenities. The pool, fitness center, restaurants are all top of the line, but service is a big part of an enjoyable stay too, so I had to write another review to highlight an experience I just had with Nick in reservations today. I have never had a better experience with hotel reservations anywhere in all the years I have travelled (quite a few). He found the best possible rate for me - better than any advertised - and also accommodated a couple of special requests. I encourage anyone seeking special treatment to utilize this outstanding young man's assistance. Truly the kind of thing that makes a hotel great!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ManagerCoralGables, Managing Director at The Biltmore Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for this feedback. Our staff and management at The Biltmore always appreciate hearing from our guests, especially concerning our commitment to service.. We’re delighted you and your family enjoyed the hospitality.
Sarsota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was in the Miami area on business and had the opportunity to stay at the Biltmore for a night. It was a Monday night and from the moment I checked in I was treated with the highest level of service and was put in a wonderful room overlooking the pool. Just the small touches like brand new slippers at my bedside and chocolates on my bed added to the already amazing room. I then took a self guided tour of the property and lost track of time in the halls looking at pictures and reading about the rich history of this property. The grounds are also immaculate and felt that I was taken back in time as I walked around thinking about the 1920's when it first opened. Truly a landmark property that embraces its history yet still offers the modern conveniences and 5 star service. I will definitely be back with my family and spend some more time!

Room Tip: A view of the pool is great.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
The Biltmore is a designated National Historic Landmark property known for its rustic Mediterranean charm, which is usually warmly embraced by our guests. We’re delighted your stay with us was enjoyable.
Rochester, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My wife and I ended a long adult only weekend with brunch at the Biltmore Hotel. We arrived at about 1:00 PM and even though we didn't have reservations we were seated at a great table outside overlooking the courtyard. Within minutes of sitting down Hilda (one of four people who assisted with our table) had a glass of champagne poured and took the time to provide details on how the different stations were laid out and encouraged us to make it an experience. While it is costly ($200.66 after tip and 18% automatic gratuity for 2) I can say that between the drinks (we never had an empty glass) and amazing food ranging from King Crab legs to pork/lamb and fantastic desserts it was by far the best brunch we have ever enjoyed. Giovanni also worked with Hilda and provided information about the history of the hotel and provided amazing service. Certainly a bucket list item if you are in the Miami/Coral Gables area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
The Biltmore Sunday Champagne Brunch is recognized as one of the best in the country, having received numerous reviews and accolades from both patrons and the industry for its quality, price value, presentation, service and unique setting. We are very appreciative of your comments and look forward to welcoming you on your future return visits to The Biltmore.
buenos aires
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Finally I took the time and went to the free guided tour the hotel offers every sunday at 1.30pm & 2.30pm. As a landamark in Florida this is a must place to visit. The tour takes a little more than 1 hour and it's absolutely interesting and entertaining, full of history. The guide offers accurate information and makes from this visit to be a whole experience, you will hear about the neighborhood history, the entrepreneurs tha built the area and the many events this hotel has to go through since 1899.
I think all Floridians should attend this tour and get into the history of the Biltmore hotel .
The tour is only in english.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
It’s always a pleasure to hear from guests who have such a special connection with The Biltmore, as all of us here do. Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions with us and of our Sunday guided tours.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Strengths: nearly unparalleled beauty, 5-star hospitality from staff that knows how to pamper guests, and a pool area that is one of the most beautiful in America.

Weakness: they gym is not in keeping with the splendor of the pool area; my room -- although beautiful, elegant, and sumptuous -- had a light musty smell that is common in an historic, 100-year old building; and little things (like old electric plugs were so loose that my computer charger kept falling out) kept me from giving a 5-star overall rating.

Would I stay again? Yes. In spite of the weaknesses, I would stay again, simply because it is so beautiful, the bed so comfortable, and the staff seems to treat every guest like a distinguished VIP.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
ManagerCoralGables, at The Biltmore Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for this feedback. Our staff and management at The Biltmore always appreciate hearing from our guests. We’re delighted you and your family enjoyed the hospitality.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were visitng some family on vacation and chose to stay here, the place has an amazing luxurious feel to it. Our rooom was so comofortable, the bed was a the most comfortable bed I ever slept on. The location is perfect. This place is very historic, and has a very interesting history behind it. I experienced a somewhat eerie feeling in the lobby. But overall our trip was fun and this hotel made it so much better. Definitely concider staying here id you are visiting the general Miami/Gables area.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to The Biltmore Hotel? Share your experiences!