“What a gem” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 12 hotels in Coral Gables
“What a gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

We felt as though we had stepped back in time. We always tey to stay at these beautiful old hotels. I hope they never go away. We love the traditions. High tea, masculine lounges and beautiful pools. This place had it all. Even an aviary. Very special!!!

• Stayed June 2013
ManagerCoralGables, Managing Director at Biltmore Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
As a world-class luxury destination resort, the Biltmore enjoys a stellar reputation for professionalism, services and quality of product within the industry. We’re delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

799 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
RepYoCity
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This Historical Treasure is absolutely beautiful and the services they render are A + mazing! What a time my wife and I had swimming in America's largest heated pool. The grounds are well kept and have sparkling emerald greenery. Historic 1920 photos line the hallways on each floor and the urban legend is that the hotel is haunted. This possibly could be true as Al Capone, the most notorious gangster in American History frequented this fine establishment quite often in his day. There was a murder on the 13 floor in 1929 that to date is still unsolved. Ghost or no ghost this lovely four star elegant hotel in the gorgeous Coral Gables Community truly should not scare anyone away. I'd personally recommend this very fine place for all to see.

Room Tip: Request rooms with a balconies for a superfantastic view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
We are very appreciative of your comments and look forward to welcoming you on your future return visits to the Biltmore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The Biltmore is architecturally a historical treasure. From the moment you drive up to the hotel you feel as though you have been transported back to the early 1900s. The inside of the lobby is incredibly beautiful and gives you the feel of a Newport Mansion. I found the staff to be helpful and professional. We were supposed to have a suite, but they modified our reservation to be two adjoining rooms, which worked out nice. The rooms are a decent size. The bathroom sinks and the closests are a bit small. The pool has to be the largest that I have ever seen. We had dinner at their Fontana resturant with delicious Italian food. The brunch on Sunday is quite an experience, but arrive hungry. While you are in the Coral Gables area go and visit CocoWalk. I would also highl recommend going to visit Vizcaya which is about 20 minutes away. Beautiful hotel for a weekend stay

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
It’s always a pleasure to hear from guests who have such a special connection with the Biltmore, as all of us here do. Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions with us.
connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Wanted to stay at Biltmore for years but something always came up. Finally, I booked the Jr. Suite (room 711) and stayed 1 night. The hotel is a beautiful hotel but in our room - the sink hot water faucet leaked; the tub was de-laminating ie pealing, room had a somewhat musty smell and the position of the AC vent kept 1/2 of the room cool, the other half not so much. Also bugs in the bathroom. A full ice bucket in the room was a nice touch. Then the actual service - when checking in, pulled up to the front & had to run out and move the car while checking in -- where was the bellman? Then, never asked for a choice of paper? And when the paper delivered at 5:30AM, had to listen to the 20 "thumps" on the carpet as it was thrown down along the hallway. The noise loud enough to wake both my husband and I. Pool is beautiful, Grounds are beautiful. But when I asked at the fitness center, where to change for the pool - she told me to "go change in the restroom by the pool". It was only after I questioned her more that she told me I could change in the fitness center and use the locker rooms -- by the way the fitness center is RIGHT off the pool. Why didn't she suggest this first? In the morning several guests wandering around looking for coffee -- for a hotel of this caliper, you shouldn't have to fight for a morning cup of coffee. Like I said, Hotel could be great - but the level of service and attention to detail just is not there. For example, I'm in a jr. suite, with a king bed, 2 people -- but only one set of slippers left by the bed. And then the survey was emailed where I filled in these comments as I would have preferred to not post this on trip advisor -- but the survey won't accept my comments unless I answer the other 20+ questions! So, now I am posting these comments on trip advisor. Again, hotel with beautiful grounds and pool -- but service and attention to detail is just not there. Could be great but ....

Room Tip: Not room 711 - great view but faucet leaks, tub de-laminating and bugs in the bathroom.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

The Biltmore Hotel is the centerpiece of timeless Coral Gables. The rest of metro Miami changes at warp speed yet Coral Gables remains a beautiful city set in a lush subtropical landscape. Having grown up in the area, I had never set foot in the Biltmore until this summer, when we stayed for three nights in a lovely room looking north over the Gables. Historic photographs line the halls illustrating the Biltmore's 85 years. Friendly service was excellent and the restaurants and pool are highlights of our visit. Prices are quite moderate in the summer, when Miami heat and humidity are high. Beware the $20 per night "resort fee" added to the regular rate. But one look at the pool (the world's largest heated pool, according to someone I talked to) surrounded by glorious Spanish architecture, classic sculptures, and tropical vegetation, and you think that it is worth it. Do yourself a favor, stay at the Biltmore, an historic resort that is unlike any other.

Room Tip: Free self-parking is close by and tips are included in the resort fee.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
We closely monitor the quality of our services and product to assure they are consistent with a world-class luxury resort. This positive feedback is most appreciated! Regarding the resort fee, please know that it is for the convenience of our guests, and includes charges for special services not included in room rate, such as: in-room high speed internet, maid service gratuities, daily admission to the Biltmore Fitness Center, guest's choice of daily newspaper, unlimited local calls, long distance access on credit card and outbound collect calls, bellman gratuities for arrivals and departures, town car service throughout Coral Gables and automobile self-parking. Resort fees are standard charges at all hotels throughout South Florida.
Zurich, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I spent one night in May at the Biltmore, as I did a few times since 1990, before I flew back to Europe after spending great holidays in Florida. The rooms are very nice and the hotel in short distance to the aiport and it has a large pool where you can relax.
The surprise came when I checked my credit card balance.
Even though I paid my breakfast in cash when checking out, as I had a prepaid voucher for the room, they charged my credit card with 100.62 USD. I tried to call there accounting department a few times to find out why my credit card was charged and I left messages on there phone answering machine to call me back but nobody called me back. Afterwards I tried to cancel the payment by the credit card company. Now Ms Graulich sent a "facked" Minibar bill listenig a number of drinks to the credi!t card provider. In reality we did not use the Minibar as we arrived quite late and went afterwards for dinner to a very nice Restaurant at Miracle Mile, which was recomended by their concierge two years ago, and had breakfast in the next morning before leaving.
I have to say that I am very disappointed by this behaviour after speding quite some nights in the Biltmore and recomending it to my friends.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerCoralGables, Managing Director at Biltmore Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
We welcome constructive feedback from all of our guests as an integral part of monitoring services and performance throughout the resort. It’s our desire to ensure every guest experience is both exceptional and memorable. We would like to apologize for the miscommunication and for the untimely follow-up with you. We would also like to assure you that we would not issue any type of false invoice for any charges, mini-bar or otherwise. As a courtesy, we will review the mini-bar charge and take corrective action where necessary. We appreciate the time you took to share these concerns with us.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Historic hotel with an incredible pool and grounds. If you come you can not miss the Sunday Brunch which is one of the best in Miami. The wine bar has a very large selection and is extremely relaxing.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
The Biltmore is a designated National Historic Landmark property known for its rustic Mediterranean charm, which is usually warmly embraced by our guests. Our Sunday Champagne Brunch has been rate #1 in Miami for several years running. We’re delighted your stay with us was enjoyable.

Been to Biltmore Hotel? Share your experiences!