“Very, very nice” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Sanford, NC
“Very, very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I tried to find one bad thing to say about the property but I just can't. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The service from the staff is impeccable. I usually can find at least some minor quibble with a hotel, but not with this one. Stay here. You'll love it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ManagerCoralGables, Managing Director at The Biltmore Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for this feedback. Our staff and management at The Biltmore always appreciate hearing from our guests. We’re delighted you and your family enjoyed the hospitality.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel and the property are absolutely gorgeous! I booked this based on my friend's recommendation, the hotel is huge and when you arrive the staff is very friendly and helpful, they offer you drinks when waiting on line to check in, the front desk offered us a complimentary upgrade from a standard room to a one bedroom suite which was amazingly beautiful and super clean. The pool is the largest I have ever seen, it looks like a lake, the only thing is that there is no heater for the pool as it is too large so I found the pool to be a bit cold. This is a very classy, upscale hotel with great customer service, the area of Coral Gables is very nice but a little out of the way to drive to anything, it wasn't near anything at all so any type of sightseeing was about a 20 min drive.

Room Tip: See if you can book it thru AAA travel, I got a ridiculously cheap rate of $203 per night including...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, The Biltmore staff continuously strives to exceed our guests’ needs and expectations. Please know that we are in the process of reassessing our pool heating needs, and anticipate having a new system within the next few months. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Sunrise, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Well, if you have to dream big, this would be the place to be.....there is so much wonderful history surrounding this hotel that it is an absolute must to take the guided tour (the Judge was awesome) provided by the hotel on Sunday afternoons. We were lucky enough to get to see Al Capone's suite and hear the tale's that went along with being in a room that had hidden doors and stairwells.
I made the reservation a week before we planned to go for a one night stay. It is only 35 mins from Ft. Lauderdale. Pavel was wonderful in providing the information about our room and more history on the hotel. The 19th Hole was a great place for late afternoon lunch; went to the Biltmore Bar before the play and had a cucumber martini..........very yummy. After the play, dinner at Fontana's......in a secluded corner with personal service, outrageous wine and food well, fit for a King and Queen. One last stop at the bar for a Cognac night cap.
The visit was short and sweet......looking forward to our next trip to this beautiful castle getaway.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 9th floor with a fabulous golf course view. I even was a spectator of a beautiful...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
It’s always a pleasure to hear from guests who have such a special connection with the Biltmore, as all of us here do. Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions with us.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed 3 nights for a birthday celebration and I couldn't agree more with the 3 previous reviewers. Just a fantastic place to stay where you get the feeling of being back in time in a truly state of the art hotel. Great happy hour at the pool side bar. Fantasic breakfast, Sunday brunch, and one of the best dinners ever at the French restaurant. When we checked in we were given a room with a double bed and had requested a king. The staff had no probelm giving us the correct room with a great view. Just Excellent, excellent service. Try to get a group rate.

Room Tip: Try Room 543
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
As a world-class luxury destination resort, the Biltmore enjoys a stellar reputation for professionalism, services and quality of product within the industry. We’re delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I went there solo to a class reunion recently and was blown away by the rooms and the service! It's rather expensive but I paid only $159 a night through the reunion committee. There's a gorgeous golf course on site but I didn't get to play it due to the inclement weather while there.

If one wants anything....ANYTHING....just see the concierge and your wishes will be granted. However, I stongly recommend paying the extra fees for the garage, policed by security because while I was there, another guest who parked near the golf course had her car broken into! Coral Gables IS an elite town, but there's crime everywhere in Dade County which is why I no longer live there. Not a knock on the Biltmore though. I was treated like a Queen the entire time I was there! I will be back to see the 'Canes play the Gators during football season!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the golf course. Nice view and quite serene!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
We are very appreciative of this feedback, as the Biltmore prides itself on an outstanding service culture worthy of its luxury status. We look forward to your return visit!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stayed 3 nights before going on a cruise, amazing hotel. Excellent accommodation, location is away from the centre of Miami but the hotel is a complete resort in itself. Wonderful swimming pool and golf course. Sunday brunch is amazing in the courtyard and having breakfast in the open courtyard by the fountain is a real treat. Our room 522, was great overlooking the mammoth pool with very comfortable beds, lovely seating area and good size bathroom. Refreshments are a little expensive but what you would expect at such an historic hotel. Would love to stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We are very appreciative of your comments and look forward to welcoming you on your future return visits to the Biltmore, when we hope to again exceed your expectations.
Toulouse, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I was a part of a team hosting a conference in the property, flying in from Europe to do so. I had my car valet parked ($25) and was blown away by the beauty and elegance of the building as soon as I entered the lobby. I checked in, which was effortless and headed up to my alloted room on the 6th floor.

This was the only problem - my room was right by the lifts (which I hate) but as I opened the door the stench of cigarette smoke was overpowering. The entire room smelled. I left my bags and headed down to reception to switch rooms, neither being prepared to stay in a smelly room (for a nonsmoking property I guess it's a little disappointing that this hadn't been noticed or corrected) nor to suffer the charge of a deep clean should I not complain and the staff assume it was I that had been smoking.

The staff were polite and quickly switched my room to one on the 3rd floor overlooking a courtyard. Facilities in the room were good, though the bathroom was a little on the small side. However, given the group rate that we paid it's impossible to complain.

I took a room with a King bed which was comfortable enough. The wi-fi worked just fine (included in the group package) and the decor was also fine given the style of the hotel. I took only one meal on the property - by the pool - which was served quickly by friendly staff.

If you want to stay in a hotel with character and charm and be served by friendly and efficient staff, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Avoid room 640!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
The Biltmore is a designated National Historic Landmark property, known for its rustic Mediterranean charm, which is usually warmly embraced by our guests. We’re delighted you
enjoyed your stay with us!

Been to The Biltmore Hotel? Share your experiences!