We checked in Friday the first of March and checked out on the following Monday. Had book a suite for the family and had in the booking expressed our needs for a quite room since our kids easily wake up and we would have had a long journey before getting to Coral Gables.
The good stuff:
- We met friendly and service minded staff everywhere (se notes on front desk below).
- We have very high demands on food and I think they delivered. Considering the price, not more than delivered but that's quite OK. Breakfast is nice, good pastries, alot of fresh fruit and berries and other high end details. Coffee and chocolate is not up to standard and the understanding of our comments/requests were none.
- Dinner in Fontana was friendly and quite nice. A few mistakes were made but still, would recommend it.
- Dinner in Palme d'Or was good. Service was excellent and the food was of a good French standard. Which is great for being in Florida and good for being in France.
- Tennis and golf was great!
- The hotel building fits the neighbourhood very nicely, classy and 'old world' as the americans call it.
The bad stuff:
- We got suite 115 and requested for a change at once since we realised that it was going to be too noisy with the parties going on nearby. Was told we couln't get one that day but likely for the following days. We couldn't sleep for more than a few hours between 2am and 4.30. The room is so loud, drunk guests at the party/parties were outside our windows until around 2am. People leaving the hotel with their suitecases wakes you up (115 should be avoided). There is a constant noise ín the room, you can hear it from the outside at ground level if you stand outside the room. At 4.30 some kind of loud noise from below the room starts, didn't find out what it was but let's describe it as a huge dish washer. That stopped 6.30 which was really nice but at that time our kids wouldn't go back to sleep.
- We moved up to 5th floor and it was much better, but the hotel has some problem with noise since the rooms aren't well sound isolated. And this comes from a writer you usually have to shout at in order to wake up. Heard another guest complain on the same topic when checking out.
- Had a family fun package and it wasn't delivered with high precision. Would never have complained about it if it wasn't for the major issues. Then you pay attention to the small ones... The kids should have received fruit punch. They didn't. Milk and cookies didn't show up one night. For the other night's they were delivered for one child, not two. No biggies but one expects more.
- Front desk is so easily flooded. One or two staff is in place and the lines easily get's long. Brook does a great job but they have some new staff there, sometimes on their own and the result follows. Our check out was so long and we had to pay attention to alot of detals on the bill that were supposed to have been included in our package.
I obviously talked to the manager on duty who got us the suite on the 5th floor (not an upgrade though) and removed 50% of the first night. I was too tired during that discussion, it still ment that I paid some 280$ for a terrible, terrible night sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AAA Four Diamond Awarded hotel features 275 guest rooms including 130 spacious Mediterranean styled suites and two famed Presidential Suites, a Donald Ross 18 hole golf course, 10 lighted tennis courts, the signature Palme d’Or restaurant, Biltmore Spa, The Culinary Academy, 75,000 square feet of meeting and function space and is a preferred venue for notable high society events and weddings.The legendary Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables has been a favorite of world leaders, celebrities, and sports stars since its opening in the 1920s. Offering much more than exceptional accommodations, the Biltmore Hotel showcases championship golf, cosmopolitan dining, a luxury spa and premier conference facilities, all while exceeding our refined guests’ expectations. Perhaps this is why we’ve remained Miami’s only four-star, four-diamond hotel for six consecutive years. Graced with natural elegance and sophistication, the Biltmore Hotel offers a stunning location in the exclusive Coral Gables area, minutes from South Beach, downtown Miami, Coconut Grove and the Coral Gables business district. Surround yourself by old world charm and beauty at the Biltmore Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Splendia, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Tingo so you can book your Biltmore Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Biltmore Hotel Coral Gables
- Biltmore Coral Gables