“Beautiful historic hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
scottsdale, az
“Beautiful historic hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for 3 days at the Biltmore and it is a must see. The pool alone is a vision. We found the service, staff and food excellent. We had the junior suite on a bed and breakfast special that exceeded our expectations for the price.

• Stayed October 2012
ManagerCoralGables, General Manager at The Biltmore Hotel, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
At The Biltmore, our desire to ensure every guest experience is both exceptional and memorable – we’re very pleased we exceeded expectations, and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Parsippany, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Our third stay at the Biltmore, my wife and I will never stay at another property in Miami. The staff provides impeccable service, exquisite food and the amenities exceed all expectations. From the reservation process through check-out, and everything in between, the staff dotes on you as though you owned the property. Words do not do the property justice.

Of singular grandeur, the Sunday brunch service stands out with absolutely no contemporary comparison. The selection of available foods, assortment of delicious "breakfast drinks" and degree to which the staff fawns over its guests cannot be overstated.

Room Tip: Ask for "pool view." It speaks for itself.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ManagerCoralGables, General Manager at The Biltmore Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Our entire Biltmore team appreciates these kind words. It's always a pleasure to hear from our repeat guests. We look forward to your return and to delighting you again!
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

I stayed there for 3 nights beginning of October 2012 during a business trip to the US. I had sent an email to the reception the week prior to my arrival to ask whether it was possible to have a quiet room on the upper floors and away from the lift. I never got an answer but, when I arrived there, I was told that my wish had been taken into account, since my room was on the 9th floor. However, even though it was 4.00 pm, the room was not ready and I had to wait 45 minutes to get it. The good surprise was, in addition to the fact that the room was fairly away from the lift and overlooking the gardens and golf course, it was a very spacious Junior Suite, with a lot of light. It has to be said that the building in itself is beautiful and interesting from an historical point of view but, from a practical point of view, they should do something either for the lifts, which are extremely noisy or to change the bedrooms' doors which insufficiently insulate them from the noise and the light coming from the landing.

The breakfast, which could be taken in the beautiful courtyard, when weather allows it, included a stunningly amazing, wide array of fresh fruit (ananas, strawberry, raspberry, kiwi, etc.). For the rest, it was rather standard, even disappointing for a so-called luxury hotel. Not to mention the coffee or cappuccino which had little to make you think you were really having a cup of coffee...

My accomodation in Miami was provided and paid by my company but I must confess that, even though it was not my money which was spent, I was rather shocked to notice that a daily fee of $20 was charged to the room as tips for the maid, for the service, the reception and amenities such as the fitness room. Well, honestly, the service did not strike me as being especially professional and desserving of that kind of mandatory tip automatically charged, regardless of staff daily performance. From my point of view, a tip, be the service included or not, should be left to customer discretion and linked to staff performance. Personnally, I really do not like to be forced to pay for something which does not live up to my expectations.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at The Biltmore. We regret that the experience did not completely meet your expectations. With regard to the comments you expressed about the resort fee, please know that for guests' convenience, charges for special services not included in room rate are combined into a single daily fee of $20 added to the guest account; these include in-room high speed internet, maid service gratuities, daily admission to the Biltmore Fitness Center, guest's choice of daily newspaper, unlimited local calls, long distance access on credit card and outbound collect calls, bellman gratuities for arrivals and departures, town car service throughout Coral Gables and automobile self-parking. Resort fees are standard charges at all hotels throughout South Florida.
Key West, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Celebrated the U.S. Air Force's 65th birthday at the Biltmore Coral Gables. This was our first visit. With everything we read and heard about this hotel our expectations were lofty. The staff and services were absolutely excellent. The eloquence of this historic property is amazing. Breakfast at the Cascade overlooking the famous Biltmore pool was delightful. The food and services at the ball was top notch. There are two reasons I didn't give an excellent rating. First, the drainage in our tub wasn't good. The standing water while showering was disappointing. Secondly, I unplugged the lamp on the nightstand to charge my laptop and blue sparks flew from the lamp plug. Could have seriously ruined my stay:) Though pricey, the pampering, amenities and history, definitely make it worth the money.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ManagerCoralGables, General Manager at The Biltmore Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share this positive feedback. As a world-class luxury destination resort, the Biltmore enjoys a stellar reputation for professionalism, services and quality of product within the industry. Regarding the comments on the tub drainage and lamp socket, please know that we extend every effort possible to resolve guests' issues related to their hotel experience when these concerns are brought directly to our attention at that time.
edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stayed at the Biltmore for two nights. Great location great food great pool. I would recommend it highly
Why? Let me give an example. On checking was a line up. They provided juice to refresh. No tipping of bell staff is accepted.

• Stayed October 2012
We closely monitor the quality of our services and product to assure they are consistent with a world-class luxury resort. This positive feedback is most appreciated.
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My favorite hotel anywhere! Lovely setting, great pool, terrific golf course, excellent health club, top notch spa, with one great restaurant and three other good ones (I love breakfast at the golf club restaurant!). The staff are nice and the rates are reasonable for a hotel with all these amenities. I thought I shouldn't write this because I love not having hordes of people there, but I acquiesced.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
As a world-class luxury destination resort, the Biltmore enjoys a stellar reputation for professionalism, services and quality of product within the industry. We’re delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

If you have the opp to I would recommend staying here just for the history behind it all. However note it will cost you. Not so much the night stay but all the "plus plus" they like to add to everything.

The staff and service was excellence.The rooms were ok. Standard room was small and they do try and keep the old appeal of it so dont expect much decoration. Our tub did not drain well and I would have expected better toiletries. Also given that you do pay a resort fee I still have to wonder what it is for. You are not given anything extra. Even a bottle water from the mini bar is $8 bucks.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Biltmore. As one of The Leading Hotels of the World, we continuously strive to exceed our guests' needs and expectations; therefore your feedback is very important to us. We regret that your experience did not completely meet your expectations. We extend every effort possible to resolve guests' issues related to their hotel experience when these concerns are brought directly to our attention. Please see the previous review regarding our $20 resort fee.

Been to The Biltmore Hotel? Share your experiences!