“Excellent from start to finish” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Florida Resident Offer
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
GreenLeadersGold level
“Excellent from start to finish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed her at the end of our honeymoon and it was excellent all round

The rooms are lovely, the building itself is superb and very interesting in terms of its history. The service is outstanding. The pool, golf, gym, spa and all facilities are top notch

We ate dinner in the Palm d'Or which is not cheap but is excellent with fantastic food, wine list and service.

We had such a relaxing time by the pool and running around the local area - we didnt really have time to explore Coral Gables at the end of our trip but this would be easy from here is you wanted to.

Overall this is well worth a visit!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
ManagerCoralGables, General Manager at Biltmore Hotel, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
As a world-class luxury destination resort, the Biltmore enjoys a stellar reputation for professionalism, services and quality of product within the industry. We’re delighted you enjoyed your stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

I really have mixed feelings about this hotel.

The check'in experience is by far the worst one i've seen in any kind of a 4 stars hotel so far :
- no indication where to park / valets ;
- stayed 5 minutes in front of the main entrance and nobody seemed to care about us ;
- I finally left my car there and went inside to get my way. There, I found two employees yelling at each other. Nice. Had to interrupt them to get my way. They told me, on a questionable manner where I could find the front desk but i really seemed to bother them .
- Front desk : no explanation on where to find a valet / no bellman service offered.
Finally checked in, parked my car myself, and brought my luggages to my room.
Awesome WYDIWG experience (What You Do Is What You Get).
Is it the "Circus Circus" here ? First impression : ZERO.

Whatever the price, when I had a long trip, I WANT a valet to to take care of us and park my car and I WANT someone to atleast offer to take care of my baggage.

Hopefully, the hotel itself is absolutely awesome. You'll feel liketravelling back into time.
A lot different from most hotels you'll find in the Miami area : relaxing, classic, calm, elegant populated with quiet guests.

Regular rooms are spacious enough and clean. But hey guys, keeping a historic place up running doesnt mean that you have to give up on buying Flat TVs.
Also, I had some serious problems with the air conditioning system : whenever we started it, i had some serious allergies and even had to buy some zyrtec to face this problem.
I must admit that i am quite sensitive but it usually happens to me when the air conditionning system is dusty.
The mattress was average.

The restaurants provide various experiences : The italian restaurants is probably a bit overpriced for some average food.
The small restaurant at the swimming pool delivers good food at decent prices.
The cellar bar and the Biltmore Bar both deserve a visit (good service, good wines and the classic wooden style of the cellar bar is charming).

Regarding its location, and unless you're a golf fan, you will need a car. There's almost nothing at a decent walking distance from the hotel.
However, the hotel has a huge complimentary parking.
The coral gables "miracle mile" is only 5-10 minutes way.
Miami beach is about 15-20 minutes away.
The airport is 15-20 minutes away.
And you'll find various malls (aventura or dolphin mall) 15-20 minutes way.

A nice 4 nights experience and a tremendous historic place spoiled by the very unwelcoming check'in : Hotel guests are obviously second zone customers while those booking a restaurant or setting up a party/wedding are their main focus. In the end, you can enjoy much of this hotel by simply having lunch or diner there.

Good destination if you get a good bargain.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
ManagerCoralGables, General Manager at Biltmore Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
We welcome all feedback from our guests and take pride in our commitment of providing a world-class luxury experience at Biltmore. The subject matter mentioned in this correspondence is certainly inconsistent with our normal standards and service culture. The issues at hand have been thoroughly addressed with all pertinent staff and areas involved. As well, the majority of our rooms have been updated with new flat screen televisions, with completion of this initiative due in the upcoming weeks.
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

First class treatment all the way. While we were checking in we were greeted with cocktails at the front desk, that was a great touch! Hotel was historic but up to date...wonderful stay.

new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

We recently returned from a 3 night stay at the Biltmore. As we do not golf and love the beach we were hesitant. To my surprise this was probably one of the most outstanding hotel experiences I have had! For the past 7 years I have gone to The Breakers, Palm Beach, however I enjoyed this more! Whether it was the staff, the complimentary room upgrade, incredible dining - never a bad meal - or the expert concierge services everything exceeded my expectations! Including Happy Hour from 5-8.
I had emailed Brooke in advance as to my love of historic hotels but also my high standards for rooms. She went out of her way to ensure everything was of the highest quality. It probably helped the hotel was not full and therefore we were able to be accommodated.

Room Tip: Rooms facing pool have afternoon sun, front of hotel is nice but not as scenic
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

I normally like modern hotels over historic properties, but the Biltmore sold me with its updated rooms and authentic Florida charm. The hotel is in a residential area in Coral Gables, which is a community of historical million dollar + homes and the relaxed feel of an upscale suburban retirement community. The hotel itself has an elegance that modern hotels can't quite match. Lobby is amazing, rooms are updated and clean with great views. If you like swimming, the pool is worth the price of admission. There aren't any restaurants nearby, so you'll either need to take a taxi or I would recommend just eating at the excellent on-site restaurants. The breakfast buffets are solid, the restaurants are very good and there are numerous happy hour opportunities for the budget minded (do not miss the half-price happy hour drinks at the poolside bar in the evening - particularly the margaritas and mojitos). Another advantage of the huge pool is that there is no shortage of lounge seating or space for swimming. A great place to veg out, get some sun, swim, play golf and drink yourself into oblivion while enjoying a slice of real old Florida luxury. I also found the service to be friendly and responsive.

Room Tip: Would recommend a room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Palm Harbor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

Excellent hotel, pool, resturants, gym, personnel. Great history.

Room Tip: Recommend reservations for Sunday brunch.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

An excellent way to spend an afternoon

My wife and I walked the grounds, sat at the pool bar for an afternoon cocktail and just relaxed

If you have a few hours you will not be disappointed

Room Tip: Don't rush - just take it all in
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Biltmore Hotel? Share your experiences!