“RIP OFF” 2 of 5 stars

Seminole Casino Coconut Creek
5550 NW 40th Street, Coconut Creek, FL
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Seminole Casino Coconut Creek offers the best slot machines in South Florida with over 2,400 of your favorite slot machines. Enjoy over 65 live table games including Blackjack, Baccarat, Pai Gow Poker, and many more. If you're into Poker, then you'll love our smoke free STAX Poker Lounge ideally located on the second floor. Enjoy the best steak house in South Florida at NYY Steak. Also enjoy Sorrisi, our Italian Restaurant and 1st Street Deli with the Original Brooklyn Water Bagels. If that wasn't enough, you can also enjoy Fresh Harvest, Nectar Lounge, and Sunset Grill. We also have over 2,400 covered parking spots and a new valet area. Watch incredible concerts and shows in South Florida's best live entertainment venue, The Pavilion.
Pompano Beach, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“RIP OFF”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This place is a major rip off, ...my husband went thru $600 in less then 40 mins without hitting anything! they don't give you any play at all. As I walk around I never see anyone hitting a jackpot any more like years ago. The machines are so tight that you feel like you have been robbed. Go at your own risk! you cannot go with a few hundred and have a few hours of fun. It is all take and no give. I know it is gambling but you have no chance at all here!

Visited November 2012
SeminoleCasinoCC, Manager at Seminole Casino Coconut Creek, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Hi floridajoy,

We assure you that our machines are not tight. We actually have the loosest slot machines in South Florida. What slot machines do you and your husband like to play?

Deerfield Beach, Florida
63 attraction reviews
“Great breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very nice, clean casino. We find the only draw back is the smell of smoke in the casino. It is not excessive, but it is there. The restaurant is smoke free. The Fresh Harvest is a great place for breakfast. $4.95 with a card. Variety changes, it's not always the same. We have not tried the other venues only the Fresh Harvest and we never been disappointed.

Visited October 2012
Lighthouse Point, Florida
23 attraction reviews
“tight tight tight”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Not sure what they did but the machines are tighter than ever. Use to be able to play for awhile (even tho i usually lost it was still fun!) The casino is bright and pretty but s till smokey, and the parking is so much better than before. go but know you will have to be VERY LUCKY to come home with anything more than empty pockets. Like i said, i do not mind losing if i get some enjoyment and more than 20 minutes entertainment!

Visited October 2012
Hi TomKat65,

We assure you that we have the loosest slot machines in South Florida. We regret to hear that you're not being entertained while you visit us. We strive to entertain our guests throughout their entire visit. Is there anything in particular that would be more entertaining to you?

Hollywood, Florida
“Terrible !!! The Worst !! Don't waste your time !!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Terrible ! The worst !! Don't waste your time !! Free drinks ??? My Butt !! Watered down crap ! No chance on winning anything substantial ! RUDE !! Especially to NON _ INDIAN clientele !!

Visited September 2012
Hi Sandy L,

We apologize if you had a bad experience at our property. We do offer free drinks to our Elite and X Card members while they play their favorite slots. We also offer free drinks at our CoCo Party Pit while you play. We do not discriminate to any of our guests.

Palm Beach, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“NYY Steak- Dont waste your time and certainly not your money.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I wouldn't call myself a "fine dining expert" but I will say I've had my fair share of meals fine/casual.
Let me start by saying when I sat down the waiter took our drink order. I asked him about the Pinot Noir selection, he listed three calling one a Napa Valley. Because we weren't given a wine menu upon being seated, I asked to see a menu and then chose to have a glass of La Crema.
Now the meal...
I have NEVER sent back a steak, however last night I did. My steak (as well as a one other steak at our table) was dry and looked like it was sitting out for 30 minutes. Their were no juices coming from my "medium rare", $39, 8oz filet.
Our table of 6 ordered 2 creamed spinach sides...both came out cold and were sent back, the 2nd round of creamed spinach was only a degree or too warmer, needless to say we didn't eat it and asked it be taken off our bill. As for our garlic mashed potatoes, they were dry as well.

I am glad to hear others have had better experiences here...frankly, I have better experiences and for MUCH less. Terribly disappointing. Our entire table of 6 refuses to step foot back that restaurant

Visited November 2012
Hi HLM1981,

Thank you for the feedback on your experience at NYY Steak. We apologize that it was unpleasant. We will work with our staff to improve the experience.