“Hotel Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 33 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Hotel Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The rooms were extremely clean!!!, personnel was friendly and very helpful. I thank John Knox,general manager, Heather at the front was very attentive and friendly, also I really appreciate Amy who is the head of housekeeping!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
davespain, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you for your nice comments. I will make sure that my staff note that you personally identified them in such a nice manner. Please come visit us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Korean first
Martinez, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

This one is hard to call as we have stayed here twice. Once in November 2013 and now January 2014. We have had two different experiences. To be fair in November is was much busier as it was Thanksgiving week versus a weekday (Wednesday) stay in January. Either way the front desk people were extremely friendly and helpful, the rooms on the other hand were very different. In January we were given a free up-grade and the room was very nice so it makes it a little harder to compare. .
November’s room (135) was very basic. There was no fridge or microwave in this room which was fine for the purpose of our visit. We booked the cruise package and found it a little hectic but we got to our cruise with no issues. Getting back was another thing all together. WE got off the boat nice and early and were outside by 715 by 730 when no shuttle was there, I called the hotel who only gave me the number to the shuttle. I called that and there was no answer nor did I receive a call back. Also with the parking their main cruise parking lot was full when I pulled in there so I had to go back to the desk and ask where to go next. They could have told me if parking lot whatever is full please go to parking lot whatever. They could have saved me a trip to the desk. We did not have breakfast nor go to see it as it was very crowded so I can’t comment on that. The room in November did not impress me very much but I think it was mostly because the chair was badly stained and it was supposed to have been newly renovated. I know what is a chair compared to a newly renovated room but it gave me concerns of cleanliness. The other chair was really wobbly and I did not feel comfortable sitting in it.
January’s room (803) was very clean, the couch was very nice looking and all of the furniture looked brand new. The room had a nice little kitchen area including a microwave and mini-fridge. I liked how there is a separate living room type area separated by the mini-kitchen area and the restroom. This would be really great if you have kids that need to go to sleep but you still want to stay up and do things without disturbing them.
In walking distance are several restaurants to include McDonalds, Taco Bell, Waffle House, IHOP, Subway, Dairy Queen and a few others. Right across the street at the Four Points Sheraton is a Starbucks but it isn’t a real one. I say that because they do not accept Starbucks gift cards.
Overall the hotel was exactly what I needed for the price I wanted to pay. As we will be coming again, we will probably use this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. We did inspect the room you mention and took care of those issues. I'm glad you've stayed with us twice and I look forward to seeing you again.
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

We had a Standard Suite that included a two burner stove, micro, mini-fridge and coffee pot in a room with two queen beds that overlooked the pool. The room location was great. The room itself had recently been painted but could have used a bit more sprucing up. At quick glance, it looked great be we stayed 5 nights and being there that long, you saw the area's missed when they painted. There were two chairs and a table in the room and the one chair had a huge stain on it that really should have been cleaned or tossed out and replaced if it would not clean up. We did not ever sit on this chair but we did not ask them to do anything to correct this issue either! The hotel was old but overall not bad, the pillows were great, the beds were comfortable but the toilet only flushed "when it wanted to" but this little issue was something we got used to quickly and it did not dampen our vacation at all.

Breakfast daily was decent, there was a good selection but I would like to have seen it extended to at least 9:30am (doors were locked at 9am sharp, no exceptions) as being on vacation, we did not like having to be up and dressed for breakfast before 9am every day. However; having the kitchenette and free hot breakfast saved us from having to eat out 2 or 3 times per day so we made sure we did get there before doors were locked each morning.

All of the front desk staff was extremely helpful and accommodating and we enjoyed the game room with the air hockey table immensely. Also, enjoyed the use of the workout facilities available. We did not learn all their names but Katie and Heather are very good with the busy front desk check in and check out process and should be commended often by management! Every person that covered the desk spoke with a smile each and every time we entered the lobby and this was much appreciated too!

Housekeeping was efficient but it did not appear that the floors were "dust-mopped" the entire five days, as the sand seemed to accumulate more with each passing day but that is the only complaint we could say about the stay. Due to the stains and some of the housekeeping issues, we considered only a three star rating but the reason for the four star rating instead was the hotel being only 1 block from the beach. That being said, we would definitely stay at this hotel again but it is a beach hotel and you are looking for a luxury stay, choose another hotel.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are quiet and a nice stay.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough and thoughtful review. I take room cleanliness very seriously and will make a special effort to bring your comments about the floor to their attention. There is no excuse. The floors should be thoroughly dusted and mopped at each cleaning. My apologies.
Holly Hill, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Two of my fellow women from church and I stayed here for a church-sponsored retreat. The suite had 2 queen sized beds and a pull out couch. I slept on the couch and it was surprisingly comfortable. The bedroom, separate sink/mirror area/bathroom/kitchen area are set up so well we three women had no problem getting ready at the same time every morning. Breakfast was included-not just "rolls and coffee" stuff, but waffles, eggs, sausage etc. A young lady at the front desk, Katie, was amazingly helpful the whole time we were there. She was a joy! The Emerald Room where we had our meetings was comfortable and well stocked- coffee, water, etc. every time we entered. The center courtyard was beautifully tropical and full of things to do. I would not hesitate to book a group into this hotel again.

Room Tip: While not right on the ocean, there are plenty of ocean-view rooms. Ask for a higher room (400-600...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much. I look forward to hosting one of your groups again soon.
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

We had a King accessible suite which was very well laid out and accommodating. I love the double entrances - one to the pool and patio area and one to the parking lot. It sure beats walking all around the building to get to the other side. The beds were extremely comfortable, got a fabulous night's sleep. My only negative is that there is very limited parking. A handicapped room should have a handicapped parking space close by. One time we had to park quite a distance from our unit which is quite difficult when you are mobility limited such as I am or blind as is my husband.

Room Tip: the suites are very comfortable and worth the little extra
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
First let me thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. I'm glad you got that good night's sleep! I do want to point out that we do have handicap parking at all of our handicap rooms. However, the parking is not specifically associated with the room. It is available to any person who is allowed to park in such a space. That said, guests do occasionally park in a handicap parking space when they are not permitted. The city of Cocoa Beach traffic enforcement routinely writes very expensive citations for those guests. I'm very sorry that there wasn't a more convenient space for you and your husband.
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

We booked the pre-cruise package and was very pleased with the service from check in ( Katie was a pleasure to deal with ) to the shuttle to the cruise port. We stayed two additional nights after our cruise and again was greeted with excellent service. We would stay here again with no hesitation if we visit this area. Also a big thank you to John (Manager) for holding our valuables in his office while we cruised.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
davespain, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you for leaving your comments. I'll be sure to convey your thanks to Katie at the front desk. I hope your cruise was great fun and I hope we see you next time you visit the area.
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I booked this hotel through Priceline express deals, and I sure got what I paid for. This place was just awful. It was the epitome of a "sleazy motel".

The fun started at check-in, where we were informed that we would be given the cheapest available room since we booked through Priceline. "No microwave, no refrigerator" said Katie, the front desk lady. We felt so welcomed!!!

Then we drove down to our room along the one story building with motel room doors that lined the parking lot. We found our room, and opened the door to find a drab, musty room. The bathroom featured a bottle opener mounted to the wall.

We did not feel comfortable here (ironic, since this is the "Comfort Inn & Suites"), so we decided to go down the street to La Quinta. MUCH BETTER!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
davespain, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
I don't normally respond to reviews like this with anything other than my sincerest apologies. I am going to make an exception in this case. This guest booked a Standard Ground Floor room through Priceline at a very deep discount. None of the Standard ground floor rooms have microwaves or refrigerators. The Deluxe Standard Efficiencies do. The guest didn't get the "cheapest room" because they were a Priceline guest; they got a Standard room which IS our least expensive room. We do not treat Priceline guests any different than a guest who pay full price via the hotels website. In fact, we routinely upgrade these guests to a courtyard facing Standard Room or even a Deluxe Standard, even occasionally a suite when there is availability. This particular guest was traveling on the busiest night of the week and checked in late in the day. As a result we had no room to upgrade them to. Let me note, by the way, that ALL of our Standard rooms are on the ground floor, all have the exact same amenities and all have been completely renovated in a recent 2 million dollar renovation. We would welcome any potential guest to take look at the hotel's virtual tour to judge whether this guests comment about "sleazy motel" is warranted. On the contrary, you will find a large, beautifully manicured courtyard, modern, tastefully decorated room and much more. The bottle opener on the wall, by the way, is there to prevent certain guests for using the granite counter tops as a bottle opener. We view it as a convenience, which as it turns out is usually much appreciated.

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area? Share your experiences!