“Anniversary trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 33 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Cherokee, North Carolina, United States
“Anniversary trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

This place was wonderful! From checking in to check out! We picked this location because we were going on a cruise along with relaxing on the beach. The price was very reasonable. When we checked in the desk clerk was very informative and polite. The establishment was clean and alot to do. Close to the beach and shopping. Will recommend and visit again!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
davespain, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you. I'm glad you had a little opportunity to enjoy our beach before you hit the high seas. As you noted, there is plenty to do within a short walk of the hotel from the beach to a variety of restaurants to shopping. I hope you visit us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Korean first
Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

It was so nice and easy staying at this Comfort Inn with the shuttle picking you up and returning you when the cruise was over. Great breakfast before leaving, too. The price was nice since it eliminates paying for cruise parking.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for reminding others what a great value our Park & Cruise package is. FYI, if you drive in to the cruise terminal on the day of your cruise it will cost $120 for parking during your 7 day cruise. On the other hand, you could drive in the night before, relax, take a walk on the beach, eat some seafood at one of the nearby waterfront restaurants, sleep in, leave your car with us (at no additional charge), take a complimentary shuttle to and from the cruise terminal for about the same price. Think of it as a mini-vacation before the BIG vacation. See you next cruise!
Carteret, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We've been here before, and found it to be very comfortable,easy to find, 1 block from beach, and all things,(grocery,restaurants,shopping) with- in walking distance. Very clean and friendly. Whenever I cruise from Port Canaveral this is our GO TO PLACE! Nice free breakfast, 24 hour coffee, and always someone there to help. VERY GOOD rates if you book early or on-line!!!

Room Tip: from simple drive up rooms, that open up to a beautiful garden area next to pool, to bedroom suites...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for being a loyal and repeated guest. I look forward to meeting you one a future stay. Please ask for me at the front desk and introduce yourself.
Spotsy., VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed here on night while on our way to our cruise. I picked this hotel because of space for the cost. There were six of us and, because it as a two room suite, we were able to fit. Granted it was not a deluxe place but I really feel we got our money's worth. Everyone was friendly and nice, from the front desk, to the breakfast staff, to the pool guy. The room was a little worn,but it was clean. Very convenient location.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your comments. Please come visit us again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Stayed at this hotel last night. Got it as a special deal where I didnt know the hotel id be staying in until after I paid. After getting the name of the hotel I looked at reviews and was disappointed at the hotel I was given based on those reviews. When I checked in I was surprised to be greeted by such friendly staff after reviews on another site were so negative regarding staff friendliness. Then I was shocked by the cleanliness of the room after reading horror stories about rooms here. Our room was spotless and smelled clean. We went to the hot tub until we got rained out. It was nice and hot. Then we moved on to the lounge where we had a blast!!! They had karaoke going until 2am. Missed out on breakfast due to oversleeping after WAY too much drinking the at the lounge, so I was sad about that. I feel sorry for anyone in a room next to me after the bar closed at 2, and for any staff who had to deal with noise complaints, but I had such a great time at the lounge that I carried the dancing and singing fun back to my room. We loved everything about the hotel and the staff that checked us in were awesome, the check out staff werent as friendly but were not rude by any means. We would stay here again without a second thought.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Well, thank you for your great comments. I'm so happy you were not disappointed. It might be an exaggeration to say their are a lot of complaints about staff or cleanliness. If you knew how picky I was about both of those issues, you can imagine how I get when I read such a review. They are rare but they do happen. Sometimes it means someone is housekeeping loses their job because they know that I will accept no excuses where cleanliness is concerned. Sometimes even a front desk clerk gets let go. I know when someone stays at my hotel they have lots of choices. My goal is to make them thankful from the moment they walk through the front door that they made that choice. And that starts with my front desk staff. I'm glad you had the kind of experience I hope all of my guest have. Please come stay with us again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

This place is old for sure but had been updated at some point. The floors were laminated not carpeted which was nice as you knew they were clean. The room was very clean which we really appreciated. Bed was comfortable. Only here two nights, nothing fancy and this suited us fine. Breakfast was also good and plentiful. Staff were all very nice and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for leaving your comments. Yes we did recently renovate and remodel at a cost of nearly 2M dollars. All new furnishings, beds, bedding, flooring, decorations, etc. The new bedding with Choice Truly Yours bedding has been well received and wonderfully comfortable as you attest. I hope you'll stay with us again.
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I am surprised by the number of such positive reviews. Perhaps we got a room that hadn't been renovated yet (stayed in Oct/2013) . Beds were comfortable and breakfast was decent but the bathroom was crawling with tiny ants. The room also needed to be painted- the trim around bathroom door was gross. I also left my ipad on the desk and had ants crawling on the screen when I picked it up.. We checked in very late (3am) and were too exhausted to complain but in the morning I mentioned it to the front desk and they know exactly what I was talking about- calling them 'ghost ants' I think if they know a room has an ant problem they shouldn't have guests occupy them.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm sorry to read your comments. Renovations were being completed in October and that included a lot of minor touch up as new doors, bathrooms, etc had been installed. "Gross" seems a bit dramatic and I'm sorry that had been missed before you checked in. As for the ghost ants, the front desk didn't tell you that was what it was because he knew you had them in your room. He told you that because they are found throughout tropical regions and routinely controlled by pest control services. However, when a few of the little buggers make their way from the outside it's a pretty sure bet they're ghost ants. I do apologize and we would gladly have moved you to another room while we quarantined your room and brought in the exterminators. But I do thank you for your stay.

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area? Share your experiences!