“fun and happy” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 33 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
bristol UK
“fun and happy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We were staying in orlando for two weeks and had spent the day at the atlantis roll over at cape canaveral and decided to stop over at Cocoa Beach overnight for a taste of the sea side. I had read many reviews of this place and read the mangers replies... he is a legend and we wanted to meet him but sadly I did ask but he wasn't there. We were staying in quite a posh hotel (although impersonal) in orlando and honestly comfort inn cocoa isn't posh! but it is fun... we meet some fab people there who were off on a cruise and were chatty and happy, we had two free drinks and although the bar was very smoky ( we aren't used to that in england) and we had to sit outside it was nice. The security guard was really nice and chatted to us for ages too. Reception was friendly. Breakfast was nice, didn't like the plastic plates but I could see why they had them and after all it doesn't affect the food. We used the pool , only ones in there and it was lovely. I had upgraded to a beach view... it was quite expensive for the two of us and honestly I'm not sure if it was worth it but my husband would disagree,.We had a view of the orher side of cocoa and the sea there from the back balcony and a distance view of the beach from the front, but it does have a car park and another hotel in front... but you could smell the sea and get the fresh air... the room was huge! if we'd been a family I'd have been delighted with it. But it was too big for us really... the tv channels were better than orlando though... much better choice and we had 2 TV's so if your husband doesn't want to watch reality tv and wants to watch constant coverage of hurricane Sandy (as mine did) there was no arguments. If you're a brit you'll understand this... the whole place reminded me of Butlins. But that's no bad thing as I have very happy memories of butlins as a child and we still love pontins. There were squirrels in the trees and real bananas grwing, free coffeee in the reception right next door to the fab Ron Jon surfshop... across the road from an IHOP. close to shops and supermarkets and across the road from the lovely beach... we could have stayed there a week! Cocoa beach is unpretentious, clean fun and happy. Shame we didn't meet the manager as he seems such fun...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Korean first
Kirkland, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We recently stayed here for 2 separate nights in early December. We stayed the night prior to our cruise and then again for the night in between our 2nd cruise.
The hotel was perfect!!!! It was me and my dad traveling. We requested a room facing the road so that we could back our rental car right up to the door. It was very clean and very quiet.
When we stayed on December 2, 2012 we didn't have a reservation but we were welcomed with a great rate and friendly staff. The beds were very comfortable. There is a free full breakfast.
We stayed again on December 8, 2012. On this day we came directly from the cruise port. We were able to check in early which was a welcome convenience. During this stay we used the pool and courtyard area. The pool was nice and warm. It was a nice treat at the end of a busy day.
My dad needed a refridgerator to keep medications cold so I called the front desk and there was a maintenance guy dropping off a fridge at our room within minutes.
I will definitely stay here again the next time that I'm in Cocoa Beach

• Stayed December 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Prior to our holiday cruise, my husband found this hotel package. The room rate included a hot breakfast, free parking and a round trip cruise port shuttle. To top it off, the customer service was superb; Katie was gracious and helpful in every instance. We'll definitely stay there on our next trip!

• Stayed December 2012
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We booked the Fly Snooze & Cruise package with Comfort Inn at Cocoa Beach. From the easy check in to the helpful checkout everything was great. The shuttle company picked us up within 15 minute of arriving at the assigned waiting place. The front desk had maps of places to eat in the area. At check out the front desk even had tape out to attached your cruise luggage tags! When I commented on it the person at the front desk said, we try to think of everything you are on vacation you shouldn't have to worry about anything. Clean rooms, good breakfast provided, and a place to sit with your luggage while waiting for the shuttle to take you to the cruise ship. Would highly recommend this hotel. Even if not taking a cruise it is a good hotel in the Cocoa Beach area. Across the road from the ocean. Lots to do within walking distance.

Warren, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We were looking for a hotel near the cruise terminal...The service that we got from Tom at the front desk was very professional when we had an issue with our first room...He gave us a wonderful room with a nice balcony view of the ocean...The room we got had a sitting area, king size bed, fridge, microwave and 3 sinks...The walk to the beach was really short and it looked like it was hidden....We walked to the pier...We had a few beers from their bar...The music was a little old for my taste...I was surprised to see smoking in the bar...The breakfast was a buffet and it was really good...I would stay here again...

Room Tip: Chose the building facing the beach...
atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

Second time staying here with a cruise package. Used the fly and cruise. No problems with transportion from the airport to the hotel and then to the port. Also included a ride back to the airport after the cruise. Can't beat the value. They were renovating during our stay. I just wish we were told prior to or at check out.

• Stayed November 2012
North Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Great service from the moment I arrived. The ladies at the front desk were great, friendly and helpful. They signed me up for the earliest shuttle, explained the parking lot procedures, breakfast and got me all set for my room. The room was comfortable, clean and easy to access. They are refurbishing rooms in the wing that I was in, but there was no noise and little evidence of the work. Ron Jon's was very close by, as is the beach, the cruise terminal, Walmart and quite a few food places. I would stay here again and would recommend to others for the park and cruise. I know I'll be using it again for future cruises on Freedom and Enchantment.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cocoa Beach
Cocoa Beach Suites
Cocoa Beach Suites
#17 of 33 in Cocoa Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 366 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Area? Share your experiences!