“You Can't Go Wrong Staying Here” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Get Double HHonors Points
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
“You Can't Go Wrong Staying Here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I spent 6 days at the Doubletree by Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront Hotel. I stayed at the Executive Level, 6th floor, at AAA rates of 189.00 per night in the month of July.
My rate included breakfast every weekday morning of scrambled eggs, sausage patties, fresh fruit and a variety of cereal, breads, pastries, coffee etc. During the weekends the Trident Club was closed, but I had access to everything but the breakfast meats at the downstairs restaurant. I could upgrade for an extra 4.00 if I chose. The food was good and when I ordered the pizza one evening it was excellent!
During the week there was a Happy Hour at the Executive level. There were drink vouchers given over the weekend when the Trident Club was closed. My only complaint was that when I tried to use those one weekend evening in the bar, my selection of a particular Chardonnay was not included in the voucher. Although the voucher was sitting in plain sight on the table I was not informed of that before I ordered.
The executive level at the AAA rate saved me money in that I didn't have to use the restaurant or the bar at much cost to me. I did not request an oceanfront view because the ocean views were really nice and I would not have spent much time on the balcony anyway, due to the incredibly hot and humid weather.
The most memorable experience at this hotel is the people who work there. I can't remember a friendlier or more helpful staff anywhere I've stayed! Everyone who was there during my stay was helpful and genuinely friendly. Doubletree is obviously doing something that makes their employees very happy! It is wonderful to be on the receiving end of their employee relations.
Parking at the hotel is easy to come by; another plus. The room was comfortable and large, and the bathroom well equipped and spacious as well.
The hotel is a little older, but very well maintained. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: The higher the better.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Christy G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Dear Holymolyma,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review of our hotel. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and appreciate your nice comments about our happy, friendly and helpful team! We look forward to your next stay with us.

Christy Galzerano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Arlington, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This Doubletree was a little disappointing. It did not live up to the high standards that I have come to expect when staying with this brand hotel. The mattress was very soft and lumpy, the restaurant was below average. I am used to at least one bottle of water being complementary, but they charged $3 for a small bottle of Diasani. I had to ask for my cookie, though I did get it with a smile. The staff was very friendly.

Dear Felicite J M,

I was sorry to ready of your disappointing stay with us, but was happy our staff was so friendly. Please contact me at Christy.galzerano@hilton.com so I can make things right for you.

Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This hotel is very nice and clean, right on the beach. Great staff, took good care of me. The only thing that was not up to par was the dinning area. Service was slow, looks very old, could use a facelift. Food was very good, portions were very small for the money.

Dear John S,

Thank you for rating us all 5's on your stay with us! I'm glad you enjoyed our hotel, but sorry the restaurant service and portions were not stellar. I will follow up with my food & beverage crew to ensure this is taken care of.

New mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stayed at this hotel during a business trip in June. Very nice and quiet, good views of ocean at least from my room on the north side. Very helpful and friendly staff! Will stay again on my next visit to Cocoa Beach

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear ElviaB,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel. We look forward to your next visit!

Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Stayed here 2 nights at the end of June just before our road trip round Florida. The hotel itself is very nice but the room was just okay, a bit dated. Friendly staff and very clean. So close to the beach we had early morning sunrise walks which were fabulous. Ended up eating here both nights, quick snack outside the first night and a more pleasant indoor meal the second night. Cocoa Beach doesn't seem to have many good restaurants nearby and the one we tried (Florida Grill) was very busy so we skipped it. All in all just average I'm afraid.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Julie P,

Thank you for your detailed review...I was glad you enjoyed your stay overall, but hate that you found us to be just average, and I'm sorry for that. I was thrilled you found our friendly staff is mentioned in reviews, as well as the cleanliness of our hotel. I do hope you will try us again next time you are in the area.

santa fe, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Great location, average rooms and food. Clean Hotel. Were not accommodated for early arrival after being up for over 28 hours straight upon arrival and asking for early checkin ahead of time. front desk appeared annoyed. No options other than sleeping at pool. Great for Fireworks right out front. President Suite and two room suite best options. Otherwise I would go to different Florida beach, IE, Ritz Key Biscayne....Or for cheap beach front, Sea Air Motel

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Lean V. S.,

Thank you for rating us so highly in location, cleanliness and service. I'm so sorry you weren't able to check in early. We do our best to accommodate as many early check ins as possible, but holiday weekends make it much more difficult due to high occupancy. I do hope you will try us again.

new jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I stayed here 7/1-7/6/2014 with my husband and 2 boys, 9 & 13. We had to be in town for a funeral so we did not have a lot of choices, especially during 4th of July. The hotel is right on the beach which is great. The pool was just OK. The staff was friendly and we were able to check in very early. We aet at the restaurant 3 times and thought the dinner was great! The room was just OK. The air conditioner was very loud and made for a bad nights sleep. We opted for a room that gave us access to the club room. We were not informed that our children were not permitted in there during the night service. We were not happy about this. The hotel is suppose to be nonsmoking but the people in the next room would not follow the rules so we could not enjoy sitting on the balcony without getting a smoke blown our way. We also did not appreciate the night we walked off the elevator right into a large, grey growling pit bull. Scared my son to no end. The hotel is listed as a "no pet" property. The people kept saying "he's not going to hurt you!" Well, how else is a 9 year old suppose to feel when a dog with a spiked collar is growling at him? Bottom line.... the hotel itself is not terrible if you have no other choice. However, if we are in the Cocoa Beach area again we will not be staying here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear primostx3,

I understand your mixed feelings about your stay with us and am happy you liked our location, friendly staff, early check in and restaurant. We are a non-smoking hotel and smoking is not allowed on balconies. We could have taken care of that on the spot had we known. We are also a no pet hotel, however, ADA law requires us to allow service animals. I'm so sorry it scared your son so much. I hope you will try us again when you can be in the area for a happier occasion.

Christy Galzerano

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!