“Great stay !” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 33 hotels in Cocoa Beach
western Mass
“Great stay !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was here 4 nights in February. The hotel is right on the beach and a nice (and short) boardwalk to the sand. Our room was on the side with a balcony and a "partial view" and the view was wonderful. The room had a fridge and microwave and there is a grocery store across the street. The AC/heat was very noisy. There was construction/renovations going on in other parts of the hotel but our room looked newly painted and refreshed. The staff were nice and helpful.

Room Tip: rooms on the south side/pool side have better partial views
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Christy G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear wcj27,

Thank you for your review and for saying such nice things about your location right on the beach, as well as the view from your balcony. I'm sorry you thought the A/C was noisy, we are gradually replacing these units with quieter models. I hope you will stay with us again next time you're in the Cocoa Beach area.

738 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Loved the staff, restaurant and location of hotel. Stayed for my 50th birthday celebration before going to Disney. Should have stayed here, though.... Staff was very nice and for me, very knowledgeable. Taylor was helpful and so accommodating. It was refreshing to see staff look out for travelers. Would have liked executive lounge to be open on weekends...hope this changes.

We rented mopeds from place a block away...fun fun fun! Milliken's Reef was delicious for dinner. Hotel restaurant is a good choice for meals, too.

Ac/Heater was noisy....which is the reason for low sleep ratings...but I was on vacation and who needs sleep, then? Overall, great experience!!!

Room Tip: Ask for ocean views
Dear Champagneking,

Happy 50th! and thank you for celebrating part of it here at Doubletree. I will pass on your nice comments to Taylor. I'm glad you enjoyed our location and the great food & service in our restaurant. We are listening to our guests about the loud A/C's and have a replacement schedule for them. We are thrilled that your overall experience was great!

Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

This hotel even though recently renovated still seemed a little dated. The hotel is right on the beach and the beach was not very crowded. We had a king suite that was very large. The sitting area had a couch and a comfy chair so it was easy to spread out and take it easy. There was also a small fridge and microwave. We planned to make our own breakfast and brought food, but there were no dishes or silverware so if you plan to try to make your own food, you'll have to buy plastic. One of the reasons for the average rating is that the housekeeping was a little haphazard. Sometimes it was fine, other times not so good - used glasses left behind, for example. We only at in the hotel restaurant once. It was acceptable, but nothing to write home about.

Dear Pat D,

I'm sorry to hear that your stay with us was less than perfect, but was happy to hear you felt comfortable here and liked our beach location. We don't keep dishes in our guest rooms due to health code rules, but we are always happy to deliver them upon request. I'm not sure what happened with housekeeping as we usually score high marks on cleanliness. If you get a chance, please shoot me an email to let me know what dates you stayed with us and in what room, so I can research it. Thanks for taking the time to write such detailed information.

Missouri City, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Internet access from anyplace other than the lobby bar was hit and miss. I could access wireless Internet intermittently in the bathroom of my room, other than that my 3 different devices couldn't connect.

The support staff for the Internet service was a joke.

The restaurant in the hotel is a complete disaster. The fish has to be precooked and package only to be microwaved when ordered. The crab cakes have the consistency and flavor of canned crab.

They use some sort of cheese wiz crap on their pizza.

The only bright side to the stay was I have diamond status so I got free beer in the 6th floor lounge.

My suggestion would be to find a different place to stay if you are looking for a hotel in the Cocoa Beach area.

Oh, I almost forgot. The bathroom shower is designed for someone under 5 feet. This place needs an owner who will put money into it and bring it up to at least 2010 standards.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear wmschultz,

I'm sorry to hear you were so disappointed with our hotel's internet and restaurant. We did just invest in fiber throughout the hotel and increased our wifi speed to 30 mgs, in order to solve all wifi problems. It's frustrating to me that you had any problem at all. I do have our IT company working in detail to get to the bottom of this. In our restaurant, I'm very proud to say that we don't use any pre-cooked food items. All of our fish is cooked to order and our crab cakes are made with real jumbo lump crab meat. As for our brick oven pizzas, we actually use a high end mozzarella from Grande' Cheeses, definitely not cheese whiz. With that being said, I am sorry you didn't enjoy your meals in our restaurant and I understand my front desk manager has compensated you for your disappointing stay.

Northville, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Good place to stay, great beach access and friendly staff. We had a balcony, but not a good view of ocean, you must ask for this apparently. No noise, beds and bedding are wonderful. The cleaning staff was great, they will get you whatever you run out of.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony on the 4 floor or higher, you get a much better view of the ocean.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear maraE,

I'm glad you liked our beach access, staff, cleanliness and beds. As for the views, the higher the floor, the better the view so your "room tip" was right on. I hope you will stay with us again!

Mullica Hill, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Nice, newly updated Hotel right on the beach with ocean views. Stayed on the executive floor with pass key entry, also came with free breakfast & evening reception with drinks & apps.
Enjoyed my 2 night stay, very clean, nice staff, nice location for a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Ask for 6 floor with ocean terrace, if your without children!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Christy G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear NJnatives,

Thank you for such a nice review, I'm glad you enjoyed our hotel and your stay. We hope you will visit us again soon!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Book a room thru the hotel so you get a balcony... I wish I had one.... The beach access was awesome!!! Room was clean ... Beds great!!! Fridges in room... Grocery store across the street.. You can rent chairs at the beach!

Room Tip: I really wanted a balcony...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear TravelingBetty1129,

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, except for not having a balcony! While the majority of the hotel has balconies, we do have just 8 without. Most prefer to upgrade to a balcony room since the views are so nice but we don't always have availability. Definitely check with us next time!

Christy Galzerano

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!