“Perfect for wating on your cruise” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Get Double HHonors Points
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Bradenton, Florida
“Perfect for wating on your cruise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Doubletree. Very helpful and accomidating. The staff were very cordial and the food was wonderful and not to expensive. The view is breath taking from our room looking out over the ocean. They kept my auto while we were on the cruise in there parking lot no charge.. We will return there for sure.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Christy G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Captaingene,

Thank you for staying with us. It's always great to hear when a guest has a good stay with us, I'm glad you enjoyed the ocean view, the staff and our restaurant food. We hope you'll stay with us again soon!

Christy Galzerano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I am Hilton Honors member and made the choice to stay here versus the Hilton property because all the rooms have balconies. The Hilton is just four or five buildings down the beach, so the locations are nearly identicial. It was a wise choice, because sitting on the balcony in the afternoon with my computer in my lap was priceless.

There is no 'free' coffee in the lobby, but they do have a small pod maker in the rooms (Wolfgang Puck).

Room Tip: All rooms have a view of the water/beach (even without the pricey upgrades). The higher floors room...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear orreo5859,

I love your description of working on your laptop on the balcony! Thanks for staying with us.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

The staff were very cordial, the rooms were nice and it was in a good location in the town. If you are planning on visiting this area, I would recommend staying here, but plan on eating out for breakfast (the food was too expensive for just being okay).

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Esundance,

Thank you for recommending our hotel!

Mount Dora, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Check in was disappointing. I was expecting to be upgraded to executive level, having booked 2 rooms and being a HHonors member. I did not get the upgrade, even though they had the rooms they wanted to charge me a lot more. We got the free drink t Bar which was not great. However robert bartender was great. I attended an event and staff was very attentive, same for breakfast. The rooms are just average, I prefer Marriott rooms. Otherwise it was an ok experience. Cookies are great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear ltorres93,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm sorry you were disappointed that you did not get a complimentary upgrade. We do give the complimentary upgrades to HHonors Diamond and Gold members, we just don't have enough rooms to give them to Blue and Silver as well. I was happy to hear you enjoyed the Catering Event you attended in our Ballroom. Also, thank you for complimenting Robert our bartender, I will be sure to share your review with him. I do hope you will try us again in the future!

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

When it's a Hilton property you raise your expectations a bit so I guess thats why I really wasn't impressed staying here. Check-in was easy, no issues. A staff member took my bags to my room for me upon request and tipped. When I came into the room, there was no funky smells -good, but I did notice that the bathroom had not been cleaned well. I found hair on the soap dispenser in the shower/tub area and another long hair by the water valve. Additionally, there was water, a lot of water, on the floor between the commode and the sink, like someone had taken a shower and not used the curtain. Outside of the bathroom, the rest of the room was fine. The restaurant was great and I ate breakfast and had cocktails at the bar one night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear inet_dude,

I was disappointed to read your review, I'm sorry your stay was not a good experience. It certainly doesn't sound typical of my hotel and I would like to get to the bottom of what happened. If possible, could you please email me with the details of your stay so I can research this? My email address is christy.galzerano@hilton.com. Thank you so much.

Fernandina Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Let me start off by saying I have spent literally months at this hotel in the last couple years. Yes, as a Diamond member I have grown very fond of the staff. Everyone involved, the cleaning crew, front desk, management, bar/restaurant and of course the executive lounge hostesses. This place is really my home away from home at times and regardless if it has been weeks or months since I have stayed there last, a warm welcome and friendly smile always greets me, thank you.

So the new owners have taken over. I know I don't speak alone on this matter and yes, I am sure this is very nit picky, but why cancel the weekend executive lounge privileges? I feel it has taken a slight draw down on the business travelers that frequent the hotel. I understand its on the weekend and most business travelers are M-F, but there are those who are there through the weekend and not to mention the ones who have the weekend get aways to the beach and find out that the executive lounge happy hour doesn't exist. So, on behalf of all of those who I have heard murmur and complain, would the new owners consider restablishing the happy our executive floor privileges once again?

I don't need or want an excuse from management. I know this was not a management decision. I also know that the current management is absolutely 100% OUTSTANDING and that they do all they can to accomodate their guests. Sorry to hear about the little fire incident, but trust me, my coworkers that were their were very impressed on how it was all handled, despite other negative reviews.

This place is a great place overall. The award winning clam chowder is fantastic, the two drink certificates you get at the bar in lieu of the executive lounge are a minor consolation, but the comradery endured in the private setting (no kids) of the executive lounge can not be replaced. The scent of the wood fired oven is addicting and the chef does an excellent job. I truly love this hotel and staff. You would think as much as I go there for business, it would be the last place I would want to be when I am not at work. Quite the contrary, it is the first place I would love to be to take a weekend away.

I hope the owners listen to this one lone customer :)
Thanks!

Room Tip: Basically from October thru February, a south room will provide a nice view of the sunset/sunrise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed here for one night prior to our cruise, the front desk staff was very nice and accomodating! Hotel is directly on the beach; we were not able to take advantage as the weather was cold but the view was great.
Lots of shopping near the hotel and about a 10 minute taxi ride to the pier - would stay here again!

Room Tip: We had the Executive Level - LOVED IT!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Christy G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear FloridaDebi,

It's great to hear you enjoyed our hotel so much, especially the executive level. I hope you can stay a little longer next time and enjoy warmer weather!

Christy Galzerano

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!