“The balconys make the views fabulous!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Enjoy Breakfast for 4!
Ranked #7 of 33 hotels in Cocoa Beach
Raleigh, North Carolina
“The balconys make the views fabulous!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I am Hilton Honors member and made the choice to stay here versus the Hilton property because all the rooms have balconies. The Hilton is just four or five buildings down the beach, so the locations are nearly identicial. It was a wise choice, because sitting on the balcony in the afternoon with my computer in my lap was priceless.

There is no 'free' coffee in the lobby, but they do have a small pod maker in the rooms (Wolfgang Puck).

Room Tip: All rooms have a view of the water/beach (even without the pricey upgrades). The higher floors room...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Christy G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear orreo5859,

I love your description of working on your laptop on the balcony! Thanks for staying with us.

741 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

The staff were very cordial, the rooms were nice and it was in a good location in the town. If you are planning on visiting this area, I would recommend staying here, but plan on eating out for breakfast (the food was too expensive for just being okay).

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Esundance,

Thank you for recommending our hotel!

Mount Dora, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Check in was disappointing. I was expecting to be upgraded to executive level, having booked 2 rooms and being a HHonors member. I did not get the upgrade, even though they had the rooms they wanted to charge me a lot more. We got the free drink t Bar which was not great. However robert bartender was great. I attended an event and staff was very attentive, same for breakfast. The rooms are just average, I prefer Marriott rooms. Otherwise it was an ok experience. Cookies are great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear ltorres93,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm sorry you were disappointed that you did not get a complimentary upgrade. We do give the complimentary upgrades to HHonors Diamond and Gold members, we just don't have enough rooms to give them to Blue and Silver as well. I was happy to hear you enjoyed the Catering Event you attended in our Ballroom. Also, thank you for complimenting Robert our bartender, I will be sure to share your review with him. I do hope you will try us again in the future!

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

When it's a Hilton property you raise your expectations a bit so I guess thats why I really wasn't impressed staying here. Check-in was easy, no issues. A staff member took my bags to my room for me upon request and tipped. When I came into the room, there was no funky smells -good, but I did notice that the bathroom had not been cleaned well. I found hair on the soap dispenser in the shower/tub area and another long hair by the water valve. Additionally, there was water, a lot of water, on the floor between the commode and the sink, like someone had taken a shower and not used the curtain. Outside of the bathroom, the rest of the room was fine. The restaurant was great and I ate breakfast and had cocktails at the bar one night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear inet_dude,

I was disappointed to read your review, I'm sorry your stay was not a good experience. It certainly doesn't sound typical of my hotel and I would like to get to the bottom of what happened. If possible, could you please email me with the details of your stay so I can research this? My email address is christy.galzerano@hilton.com. Thank you so much.

Fernandina Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Let me start off by saying I have spent literally months at this hotel in the last couple years. Yes, as a Diamond member I have grown very fond of the staff. Everyone involved, the cleaning crew, front desk, management, bar/restaurant and of course the executive lounge hostesses. This place is really my home away from home at times and regardless if it has been weeks or months since I have stayed there last, a warm welcome and friendly smile always greets me, thank you.

So the new owners have taken over. I know I don't speak alone on this matter and yes, I am sure this is very nit picky, but why cancel the weekend executive lounge privileges? I feel it has taken a slight draw down on the business travelers that frequent the hotel. I understand its on the weekend and most business travelers are M-F, but there are those who are there through the weekend and not to mention the ones who have the weekend get aways to the beach and find out that the executive lounge happy hour doesn't exist. So, on behalf of all of those who I have heard murmur and complain, would the new owners consider restablishing the happy our executive floor privileges once again?

I don't need or want an excuse from management. I know this was not a management decision. I also know that the current management is absolutely 100% OUTSTANDING and that they do all they can to accomodate their guests. Sorry to hear about the little fire incident, but trust me, my coworkers that were their were very impressed on how it was all handled, despite other negative reviews.

This place is a great place overall. The award winning clam chowder is fantastic, the two drink certificates you get at the bar in lieu of the executive lounge are a minor consolation, but the comradery endured in the private setting (no kids) of the executive lounge can not be replaced. The scent of the wood fired oven is addicting and the chef does an excellent job. I truly love this hotel and staff. You would think as much as I go there for business, it would be the last place I would want to be when I am not at work. Quite the contrary, it is the first place I would love to be to take a weekend away.

I hope the owners listen to this one lone customer :)
Thanks!

Room Tip: Basically from October thru February, a south room will provide a nice view of the sunset/sunrise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed here for one night prior to our cruise, the front desk staff was very nice and accomodating! Hotel is directly on the beach; we were not able to take advantage as the weather was cold but the view was great.
Lots of shopping near the hotel and about a 10 minute taxi ride to the pier - would stay here again!

Room Tip: We had the Executive Level - LOVED IT!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Christy G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear FloridaDebi,

It's great to hear you enjoyed our hotel so much, especially the executive level. I hope you can stay a little longer next time and enjoy warmer weather!

VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The hotel is right on the beach in Cocoa Beach, about a 1/2 mile down from the shopping area - convenient Publix grocery store right across street. We had an ocean front room - 5th floor with a balcony - king size bed and plenty of room for our "stuff". We stayed a week and it was refreshing to have plenty of room to put our luggage and other stuff without tripping over it all the time. Balcony overlooked the pool and dunes and beach - we could watch the action at the pool and on the beach, go to bed listening to the sound of the ocean, and wake up to beautiful sunrises. Bed was comfortable with top of the line linens, (pillows & duvet). I loved the fact that there was an actual throw on the end of the bed instead of a useless runner. Fridge was large - about 2 times the size of the tiny ones you see in so many places - but no freezer compartment. Microwave and coffee pot with pods. Inconvenient for short folks because the coffee pot sits on top of m/w, and you can’t see where you are pouring the water. Large flat screen TV with lots of channels. Walk in shower - brand new with glass door - bathroom is decent size, but not huge. Lots of hot water and decent water pressure. Again, inconvenient for short folks to turn on shower without getting wet. One easy chair and a desk chair - not enough plugs to keep all our electronic gear charged - but we made do. Lobby is modern and spacious with a real beach feel- very nice but no so fancy you feel uncomfortable going downstairs in bare feet and a bathing suit. We didn’t eat in restaurant - so no info on how the food or service was. Gift shop open in morning and early afternoon and then in later evening after dinner - very convenient. Everything clean, maintained well, and fresh. Pool was wonderful with plenty of lounges for everyone to spread out some - I was very pleased by the fact that pool deck was multi-level and there were quiet or more private spaces to stretch out and read. Beach access is right at pool, with shower for sand removal. Wide beach that was very enjoyable for walking and shelling. Staff was friendly and helpful. Maids were not as consistent as I would have liked but did a nice job cleaning. We had a wonderful relaxing time- and we will return to this hotel when we come back to town in the future.
One thing - we were also at the hotel when it was evacuated. Staff tried their best - put us up at the Hilton, escorted us to our room to retrieve overnight belongings, and has the hotel ready the next morning for us to get back into our room. Not the experience I was looking for - but I thought they handled it well.

Room Tip: every room has an ocean view and a balcony - so you can save money if you dont want to pay for ocean...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear b1sally,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of our hotel - it should be helpful for other potential guests. I'm glad you enjoyed your week with us, even through the evacuation. We are so glad to be back to business as usual so quickly. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Christy Galzerano

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!