“Older property well maintained and on the beach at a reasonable cost.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront

Special Offer
Enjoy Breakfast for 4!
Ranked #7 of 33 hotels in Cocoa Beach
Atlanta, Georgia
“Older property well maintained and on the beach at a reasonable cost.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

The double tree is a re-branded hotel as the facility is not laid out like a conventional Hilton property. The lobby is very inviting and large with a very good staff who are courteous, friendly and helpful making you feel welcomed.
I was able to get an ocean front room that had a good ocean view but was over the roof of the hotel. The room was very clean with older furniture. I was disappointed in the bed as it was not one of the branded Doubletree mattresses that are very comfortable. This mattress was showing its age and was not as firm as I would like. The room was large but an odd shape long and very narrow. The balcony was very small and offered no privacy. I was not happy that the guest next to me decided this was a smoking area and made the balcony unusable during the time they were out there. The hotel did resolve the issue when I mentioned it though.
I spoke with the concierge and was very pleased with his knowledge of the area and his friendly professional demeanor.
For the price this is a great stay and would not hesitate to recommend this property to anyone staying in this area.I will stay here when I am in this area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Christy G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear rszAtlanta_Ga,

Thank you for your review and I'm glad to hear you would not hesitate to recommend us and will stay with us again. Thank you for complimenting our staff, they are pros at making guests feel welcome! I'm sorry you weren't happy with the bedding. We do have the Doubletree Sweet Dreams beds, however they are not brand new and may be starting to wear. If you could send me back a quick email letting me know what room you were in, I will doublecheck that particular mattress. We look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

843 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Fairfax Va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have traveled the world and prefer luxury with a sense of value. The Double Tree in Cocoa Beach is the best bet if you are in town. I wish all cities had a comparable value. This is not a new property but it is well maintained. The service has been excellent and service is a make or break for me.

Room Tip: Book early!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear FredBarFairfaxVA,

What a great review - thank you for taking the time to write it. See you next time!

Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

The front desk staff was wonderful and the rooms were spacious and for such a high occupancy location, very clean. The air conditions are older and a bit loud, but what you would expect at this price point. This hotel isn't in the heart of the pier area so it is much quieter and has beautiful ocean front rooms. I would recommend ocean front or ocean view as high up as you can get.

Room Tip: Ocean view
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear K W,

I'm so glad my front desk staff tooks such great care of you and that you enjoyed your stay!

Fort Collins, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We went here for my sisters wedding and I didn't know what to think...however, I LOVED the place! GREAT Clam chowder! Wonderful staff! You literally can wake up and roll out on the beach! The rooms were very nice and beds were comfortable. We have a toddler and it was such a perfect place to spend with a child! We would come back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear MrsNelly,

I'm so glad you "LOVED" our hotel, the staff and the Clam Chowder! We look forward to your next stay with us.

Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Stayed here for a quick business trip and also have stayed here in the past. Great hotel, with a good location. Always very clean, big rooms, balconies, pool, large food / dining / bar area. Will definitely continue staying here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Frank P,

Thank you for your continued business. We look forward to your next stay!

Ekero, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

The bed was very good, and the beach is direct in front of the hotel. Pool area is nice but could be shaped up a bit as the rest of the hotel. All staff that we met was very nice and helpful, they should have no shame for the rating. I just think that the whole hotel needs som renovation.
Saying that I'm also aware that I might have had to high expectations.
Breakfast was ok, but as European traveller I want to have more than creams cheese to my bread in th morning, and as always the coffee is more like brown water than coffee.
Cleanliness was not a problem, all good.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor and beach view, but if you wanna open the window and sit on t balcony, don't...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
cgalzerano, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Qurt,

Thank you for your review...I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and that the hotel was so clean for you, however, I'm disappointed you rated us as "so-so" and in need of a renovation and am sorry we didn't meet your expectations. We did just complete a guest room renovation in February of this year as well as in other parts of the hotel. The pool area was not part of that renovation, however we did receive all new pool furniture. We do have an architect working on future property projects and I will be sure to share your comments. Thank you for staying with us.

Muskoka Lakes, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We booked this wedding for our daughters beach wedding. They have a quiet private beach and excellent facilities. We had a beach ceremony and cocktail reception with plated dinner. From the beach to the cocktails & appetizers to the dinner service was excellent!! The staff were superb very customer service orientated! From front desk, maintenance, housekeeping, waiters & waitresses, bartenders & chef! Thanks Amanda & Morgan for helping us plan a wonderful memory filled destination wedding !! Special mention to chef Rod for an excellent dinner & Ted for being there to help us set up ! Viki & Fabby loved your service !!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor and facing pool & ocean so you don't get view of air conditioning uni...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Virg577,

Wow, thank you for such a wonderful review of our hotel and wedding experience. I can't wait to share your review with all the great team members you commended. I appreciate you taking the time to write this and it was a pleasure speaking with you the other day. Stay warm up there in the north and come visit us again soon.

Christy Galzerano

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!