“Nice, clean hotel; staff did not meet expectations” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Enjoy Breakfast for 4!
Ranked #7 of 33 hotels in Cocoa Beach
phoenix
“Nice, clean hotel; staff did not meet expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

This hotel was very clean and a great location on the beach. I had a great view from my room. I walked down to the beach in the morning and went for a walk. Loved it. The staff, however, is definitely lacking in customer service. At check in I was not provided with any information about shuttle to the Port (which required both a fee and a reservation); breakfast (which was 12.95/pp for a buffet but I didn't know it was there); dinner options - I asked for a list of restaurants in the area and they said they didn't have one. Upon strolling through the gift shop I learned she takes the shuttle reservations? Reservations? Fee? I booked that (which turned out to depart from the hotel about 40 minutes late.) I found a restaurant online and had great tasting, overpriced fish at Jazzy's. Nice laid back outdoor place, eating on the patio. You can't really get anywhere from this hotel without a taxi. And taxi's can be hard to get a hold of. Plan ahead for that. I later learned that there is a trolley that travels around the town. (Hotel staff could have told me...) Book your shuttle for about an hour ahead of when you actually want to get to the cruise. Bell staff was very nice, pleasant, accommodating. I got rate of about $100/night for this room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
cgalzerano, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Dear Gigi376,

Thank you for your review. I was happy to hear you enjoyed our great location, the view and our cleanliness. However, I was very disappointed to hear that our staff did not meet your expectations. We pride ourselves on taking great care of our guests and I'm sorry that wasn't your experience. I will share your review with my team so we can make sure it doesn't happen in the future. I do hope you will give us another try if you are in the area.

741 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Lake Mary, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We spent 2 nights at the Cocoa Beach Double-tree. The facility was well-maintained and I was impressed from beginning to end. The room was clean with unexpected amenities for our convenience and a more pleasant stay. The staff provided great customer service, and we felt special and welcomed. We have reservations again for January 2013 and are looking forward to it.

Room Tip: get a room with a balcony
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Michelle N,

Thank you for such a positive review and we look forward to your next visit with us this month!

New Haven, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We checked into this property for 4 nights on the 15th of December. i am a Hilton gold member, and i saw that they had an executive floor, which we booked at an additional cost of 50 dollars per night. i used points for 2 nights and paid for the other 2. While we were there the club on the executive floor was only open for 1 of the 4 nights. if i had known that the club would not be open, i could have opted for a cheaper room. while i fully understand that most hotels only offer there hospitality room on Mondays through Thursdays, the excuse i was given for the club closure on a Tuesday night rang hollow, ie. that during the holidays they do not open. what holiday, it was the 18th. i suspect that they close this club whenever the level of premier members drops off. this was confirmed by another guest who also had a similar experience the previous month. my advice is if you are Hilton gold or diamond, save your money for the executive floor.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear mfredm,

I was so disappointed to read your review of our hotel, we certainly don't want to mislead anyone. We don't typically close our Executive Lounge during the week but the hotel was very slow during your stay so we decided to close it and give our Executive Level guests breakfast coupons and drink tickets, to enjoy in our 3 Wishes Restaurant & Lounge instead. This was a rare occasion, as the Executive Club is a favorite among our guests.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the DoubleTree in Cocoa Beach and fell in love with it. The staff is nice and helpful, the restaurant is fantastic, and the easy access to the beach is perfect. We are quiet people looking for a nice place to relax and stay up late into the night laying on the beach and listening to the ocean. Cocoa Beach was exactly what we were looking for! Peaceful, relaxing, and quiet for most of the year. No teenagers partying on the beach and leaving beer bottles everywhere. Clean and peaceful! And the National Reserve is close by, so even from Cocoa Beach you have the opportunity to get close to some amazing birds. Highly recommended!!

Room Tip: The Oceanfront is great, but the side view is also very nice. My husband and I like the side view be...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Farrah L,

Thank you for such a high recommendation! It's always fun to hear such good things about our hotel and team. We feel as though Cocoa Beach is the perfect beach town but is still a hidden gem. Glad you experienced it and stayed with us.

Rhayader, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Friendly staff, clean rooms, The location is lovely and really enjoyed our stay. The hotel appears to be taking age on a little and would probably benefit from some attention (I could hear the guests next door take a leak in the middle of the night!) but I thought that the front of house staff were great. The lady at breakfast was a little short with us but we had a 2 year old tearing the place up a little so that may have irked her! loved the cookies on check in and thought that the fridge & microwave (with popcorn!) was a great addition. washing facilities available. good stay!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
cgalzerano, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear Emma C,

I enjoyed reading that you found our hotel friendly and enjoyable! We will look forward to your next visit!

NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed here 1 night last week for our pre-cruise stay. Great hotel! Staff was very friendly, room was spotless, modern amenities. Right on the beach so we could see the ocean from our balcony! Unfortunately, we had to view the ocean from inside our room though........

The only complaint we had was that we feel if you have a non-smoking room, everything should be non-smoking, including the balcony. We could not enjoy our balcony with a wonderful view of the ocean due to the couple right next door to us being out on their balcony, all the time, smoking. We decided to go down to the waterfront at the port so we could enjoy some nice water views. (Had dinner at an absolutely fabulous restaurant---doing review on that as well. Place was Milliken's Reef).

They have a stay and cruise package, so we were able to leave our SUV here for the week. No problems at all!

They had breakfast in the bar area, but we decided to go out for a bite before heading over to the port.

They had a nice pool area, but we did not use it since it was late in the evening when we arrived.

When we returned from our cruise and packed up the SUV, the nice lady at the bar was kind enough to fill our small cooler up with ice for our drinks on the ride home. (Amazing how much $$ we save by taking drinks/snacks and not buying them while on the road).

Overall, a great hotel! We are Hilton Honors members and when we checked in, the front desk clerk was able to offer us a rate a little less than what we booked for. Hey, every dollar counts these days!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
cgalzerano, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear jennmaybe,

Thank you for your review, I am very happy you enjoyed your pre-cruise stay with us and found the parking to work so well for you. I'm sorry you couldn't enjoy the balcony due to your neighboring smokers. We are a 100% non-smoking hotel, which includes the balconies so our staff should have asked them to go outside on the first floor instead. I'm sorry this didn't happen. I hope you will try us again and we will make sure you can enjoy your balcony and the view.

Aurora, Co
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We Stayed here 3 nights. The views from our room was wonderful. The beach was just a step away. Dont eat breakfast in thier resturant, everything is cooked in butter. The potatoes were so greasy they slid of the plate,the eggs were awful . We were enjoying the nice room and balacony untill the guest next door (connecting Rooms) arrived. the stayed out on the balacony and smoked every 5 minutes. It's supposed to be a nonsmoking hotel. Forget that. Not sure wether we will come back.

Room Tip: Always ask for the southside if you want a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sue P,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. First, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy our restaurant's breakfast. We do try hard to serve healthy, wholesome food and it sounds like that didn't happen with you. Our Chef is always happy to make special orders as well for any dietary needs. I'm also sorry you had a neighbor smoking on the balcony. As I had just mentioned on another response, we are a 100% non-smoking hotel, and that includes the balconies. We even charge a $150 fee for guests that smoke in the room or on the balcony. We are happy to talk to any guests that might not be aware of the smoking policy. I know that doesn't make your past stay any better but I do hope you will give us another try if you're in the area. On a postive note, I'm glad you enjoyed our wonderful views.

Christy Galzerano

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!