“This is our regular location” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Resort   |   1275 North Atlantic Ave, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“This is our regular location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We Often stay at La Quinta because they're clean and breakfast is included. This location is convenient to the beach and great pre-cruise. Parking sometimes fills up but you can usually find something. If you're looking for the best bang for your clean buck I recommend this location.

Room Tip: If you want to nap during the day at all, ask for a room that does not face the pool. It gets pretty...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The bedding felt dirty. The plumbing had issues and it took 5 hrs. for them to NOT fix it. The water stinky dirty water had risen higher than when I reported it 5 hrs. prior to the maintenance guy arriving attempting to fix it. They gave me another room and a free night. I just wished the attention to details were better. One morning at breakfast I saw food dried up on a table that had not been cleaned from the day before. I was one of 3 people in the breakfast area, so I know it was left overnight.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

you can tell this LQ was not redone the beds were horrible lumpy I hurt for 2 dayscurtains were brokenthis will not discard me to stay with LQ again because this is all I stay with and I will book with them again one bad experience will not change my decision

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Great staff, good proximity to beach (with traffic light), good TV. AC a little noisy but worked very well. One ice machine for entire hotel was a small pain. Biggest reason for a 3 instead of a 4: The carpets were filthy. My socks were black within 15 minutes of checking in. Had to wash my feet in the tub a few times. But at least the room didn't smell. And the bathroom was spotless. Beds were comfy too. Beach store in front was convenient.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I booked two rooms for the 12th of July. My friends and I were over for the weekend enjoying the beautiful beach of course. We checked in after our day of fun at 5pm. We were "greeted by a elderly front desk clerk whose idea of a greeting was to stare at me for a minute and say "what do you need". Strike one...always greet your guest properly...first impressions. So we go through the checkout process with which our clerk was very unfriendly the whole time. Since they were sold out we could not have both rooms next to each other or the view we had booked but at that point I was upset by his desk manner that I did not want to argue. He didnt even explain that they charge a holding fee or where to go to get to our rooms.
So we get to one room and the conditions are just gross. Mold in the shower, musty smell, and no soap what so ever in the either of the rooms. We had to go to the front desk to get it...simple housekeeping. The other room I booked had lotion or grease smeared inside all of the drawers so we had to have someone come to clean them since there were no rooms to switch to. Strike two!
That night I was going to inquire about a possible late check out just in case we wanted to beach again....go to the front desk....another not so pleasant elderly man....who just stares at me as a greeting. I ask about a late check out and he starts shaking his head angrily and says "that's not my job come back in morning and ask." Strike three! I'm sorry....don't you work the graveyard shift at the front desk?! It is your job because I have worked for resort chains doing your exact job buddy. Don't ever tell a customer it is not your job!!
This is not a Hilton or Marriott...if you want that caliber of service and cleanliness don't stay here! I even joined the La Quinta Members club but at check in didn't give them the info because if all La Quintas are like this I will gladly take my business else where!

La Quinta you have lost customers!

Room Tip: Don't book here!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Tyran
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Overall it's an okay place to stay if your not planning on using the "free high speed wifi" that they advertise providing you with. If you can't set up a simple small business network then you most defiantly don't need a network with a class b address scheme. Not only are you not able connect to the wifi because the network is so busy, but you can't do anything on the lobby computer because they installed an os that the computer doesn't have enough ram to handle. I wouldn't recommend coming here with any intentions of using technology.

• Stayed June 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My overall stay was ok at best. Breakfast was very good (included with room) and pool area was very nice also. The rooms however, not so much. Was not impressed with the cleanliness of room (cobwebs on ceiling, carpet dirty, burnt smell from microwave) and the furniture was very worn out. Wi-Fi was also not very good. Location was good, across the street from beach. We actually cut our stay short by 2 days and decided to visit Daytona Beach. The La Quinta there was EXCELLENT! Oceanfront, furniture updated, tile floors in room (great since they allow pets), comfortable beds, very clean rooms and wonderful staff all around!!