“not a relaxing stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Winter Park, Florida
“not a relaxing stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We have visited this hotel for weekend beach getaway. We have stayed several times and have found this is a very popular cruise stop over. This last visit kids in pool tip 10:00 p.m. playing very loud. Paid for oceanview which also includes poolside. Def not a couples place. Breakfast buffet is extremely crowded. The hotel itself is clean and staff is helpful. Just would not recommend as far as relaxing getaway.

1 Thank hairwizb50

Fort Myers, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

If you expect Hampton Inn to be clean and in excellent condition DO NOT STAY AT HIS HOTEL. We had to leave because the room smelled terrible and our mold allergies would not resolve until we left the room. So sad.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

2 Thank Noel H
opa3425, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Noel H,

I apologize for your unpleasant experience at our hotel. I have made my staff aware of your comments and we are doubling our efforts to ensure that each and every guest room is up to our guest's expectations. Thanks so much for your input.

Tom Williamson, General Manager
Cocoa Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I travel constantly for work. I spend more time staying in hotels all over the southeast U.S. than I do at home. I have yet to stay in a hotel with a friendlier & more helpful staff than the crew at the hampton inn cocoa beach. It had been almost 9 months since my last stay here. Upon arrival I am always greeted by smiling faces from old friends, be it Dennis, Artur, Tina, Debi, or Maureen at the front desk. Margie always makes sure that I am lodged in "my room", and comes out of her office to personally greet me. And I am always quickly introduced to their newest team members, such as Kristen & Sharmell, making me feel like even more of a VIP. Alaa & Terri man the desk after hours & make sure the coffee is hot throughout the night, which is great because I work odd hours. Wanda in housekeeping will make your room sparkle, as clean & fresh as the day you checked in. Should you need anything extra, Eufemio will be happy to bring it to you. And for anything maintainance related,(ie. i dont like it when the ac cycles on & off when I sleep) Jesse will fix it in heartbeat. Kathy, Maria, Ellen & Ruth keep the hot coffee running & the trays full at the breakfast bar which runs for a full 4 hours, 7 days a week.
Of course, the hotel is very clean & comfortable, centrally located between Port Canaveral & Cocoa Beach. Right on the beach to boot. But what really keeps me coming back is the staff here, I really wouldn't stay anywhere else!!!

Green Features: It's great that the hotel has recycling bins & gives individuals the option to contribute by saving water on towel & linen changes. I take advantage of these practices & as a biologist I wish more people would also.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank armando d
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed using the "Fly, Snooze, and Cruise" package. We flew into the Orlando airport and were on a shuttle within a half hour of getting off the plane. We did have a bit of a wait getting our room because we arrived early but the hotel kindly let us store our bags and gave us a key for the pool. However, you are close to the beach and many nice shops and restaurants so we decided to get a bite to eat and by the time we were done, our room was ready.

The room was nice, nothing special really, except that it had a balcony. That was a nice addition although we didn't really have much time to use it.

The following morning was the morning of our cruise. We came down to check out and get breakfast around 10:30, but unfortunately at that time, the breakfast was being put away.

However, Ruth (who was running the breakfast buffet) saw us looking and kindly asked if we'd like anything. She then was nice enough to bring us some breakfast even though she was in the process of cleaning up. She asked us where we were sailing to and truly couldn't have been a nicer lady!

We then shuttled to the port and arrived nice and early, and didn't have much time waiting for our shuttle on the way back to the airport either. The only thing I would recommend is an option for two people roundtrip to/from the airport. It was a bit confusing for the people at the front desk trying to add an extra pair of shuttle tickets. Other than that, an excellent stay.

2 Thank srowan08
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

i came to this location bc i wanted to be close to the beach plus i love hampton inns so i figured why not try this hotel... WRONG IDEA! first appon check in the woman margie was very rude. she forgot the tell me about the hotel and the things that are included in my stay (bf pool hours ect).. i got nothing but attitude from her. didnt think she was very nice at all. once i got to my room there was a few things that the house keeping staff had must of over seen while "cleaning" there was a bowl, chapstick, and a dirty sock left all under the bed! i thought this was a 100% hotel? im used to clean rooms when staying at hamptons this one was by far not clean at all. the bathroom light flickers on and off when the light is on. the drain in the bathtub was beyond GROSSSSS! yuck you can see mold and some yellowish stuff in the drain. i called the front desk a few times to tell them about this and no answer. after the fourth time calling and no getting an answer i just decided to give up! after coming back from the pool which i had no problems with gladly to say. i had to call the front desk again to get more towels. once again no answer. i gave it a few mins and called back and the said they were going to send someone up. so i waited 15 mins still no towels. i had to call again and then waited another half hour for towels for me to shower! thats riidiculous. im not sure what was the problem at the front desk but it seems like they dont care to answer the phone! i think the location for this hotel is great but the front desk staff is horrible their communication with guests is beyond curtious! over all i will never stay here again luckily i only stayed one night! NEVER AGAIN. AND I WOULD NEVER RECCOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Emikane
opa3425, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear forever5411,

I apologize for the unfortunate experience you had at our hotel. The lack of attentive service, and housekeeping shortcomings are inexcusable. This is not our normal operating procedure, as you can tell from the majority of our TripAdvisor comments. Please know that I will address these issues and make sure that we have no further lapses in our continued delivery of great guest service. I sincerely appreciate our input.

Best Regards,
Tom Williamson, GM
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn for 6 nights 4/13 - 4/18. We were on the 3rd floor - not much of a view (parking lot), but it was a decent room.

The room was ok. Definitely not the newest room but it was clean and comfortable. I was a bit worried about a hotel with outside versus inside access, but the room was quiet and, except for the occasional slammed door (the doors were quite heavy!), we really didn't hear any other guests.

Housekeeping did a great job - the bathroom and rest of the room were well-cleaned daily right after we left the room for the day. The staff was friendly and helpful.

The breakfast area was staffed by Ruth and Maria while we were there - they did a great job. Kept the tables cleaned off and the food well-stocked. The breakfasts themselves were good - decent selection of food. The area was large and clean.

Access to the beach was down a short walk-way - probably about a 5 minute walk. The beach was clean and nice ...

Pool was clean and well-maintained. We spent a lot of time there - there were plenty of chairs and tables and the area was nice. The maintenance staff that was around (checking chemical levels or whatever) was friendly and helpful.

We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were in 308 - which didn't have much of a view, but it was quiet and clean.
1 Thank LongWindingRoadTrip
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here a couple of weeks ago. The staff was AMAZING! So friendly and we so appreciated the kindness, professionalism and overall warm welcome we received. Room was very clean (a little outdated but CLEAN - which is far more important to me!) We were lucky enough to have a room on the 8th floor, able to see the ships in port from the front door, and the Atlantic Ocean from the back balcony. We ate dinner at Fish Lips (don't miss this if you're crusing!) Walked to the beach from the city park and had frozen yogurt from "I dream of Yougurt" - also fun and yummy!
Check in and check out were a breeze - really were made to feel that our business was appreciated! We will return!

Room Tip: The higher the room, the better the view!
1 Thank CruisinRoyalJen