“Enjoyable Vacation Spot” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 33 hotels in Cocoa Beach
Chatham Ontario
“Enjoyable Vacation Spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We have been to this hotel a number of times over the past 5 years & have always enjoyed it very much. Margie, the manager we deal with has been exceptionally helpful & very accomodating. While we were there this year & last year, Wanda the housekeeper that looked after our room could not have been any better, making us feel right at home & almost like family. While looking for an area to see Dolphins, one of the maintenance men, Cory took the time to write out the directions & also explain exactly how to get to the location. Again we very much enjoyed our stay & are looking forward to returning next year for our winter getaway.

Room Tip: You are able to see the ocean from any rooms on the fourth floor & above.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
opa3425, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Bob S,

Thanks so much for your kind comments about our hotel. I appreciate the fact that you are a repeat guest, that speaks volumes about how much you enjoy our hotel. Margie, Wanda and Cory's guest service are typical of our efforts to do everything it takes to make our guest's experience as enjoyable as possible. I look forward to hosting you again.

Thanks very much,

812 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I chose this hotel because of the fly snooze and cruise package. My review starts before I even arrive in Florida.

I have to say that the lady who answered the phone...i wrote her name down somewhere.....lets just say I have mixed emotions about her. I called on a friday and she basically told me she was too busy to talk to me right now... honest to god that is what she told me and told me to call back on monday ... I was trying to set up my transportation from the airport to the hotel... I called back the following Monday and spoke to Margie and She was soo helpful and polite!!!

Upon arrival at the hotel the gentleman at guest services was very helpful and polite and gave us great suggestions for dinner and etc...

The Room... lets just say its dated...and had a slight odor to it.. NO LIE.. it smelled like wet carpet... It was three of us...and we all smelled it.. I decided to spray some room spray while we were gone and since the spray was so concentrated ( Bath & Body Works) the smell was covered up.. There were also yellow stickies on each bed telling us that the sheets and covers were clean for us..

Also the way this hampton inn is set up is like a motel with outside entrance to the room...and then another door leading to the balcony with a view of the pool.

The rooms include free wifi , parking and free hot breakfast... I have to say the lady who was restocking the food area needs to find another job... one where she doesn't have to interact with people. I swear she was just not a people person.. Her name was Kathy and I called her name several times to ask if there was any salt and pepper and she ignored me... finally a fellow guest gave me some of her black pepper....

I have to say that i was very disappointed in this Hilton Brand Hotel. I have to say that I will probably pick another hotel to stay in when I am taking a cruise.. or just in the area....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear MZPASTRYCHEF,

Thanks so much for your kind words about Margie and our front desk agent when you arrived. I apologize for the unfortunate experience you had when you first called out hotel. While our upper floors do have exterior hallways, our first floor is interior and secured with a key required for entry into the hotel. I hope that you will give us another try on your next visit to Cocoa Beach.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Great location with beach access to a nice part of the beach. Would stay again. Before buying beach toys, check the pool storage at the sister hotel. Guests have left a lot of toys behind. Pools are saltwater. If arriving on a weekend, cruise passengers will all be leaving at the same time in the a.m. so be aware of a busy breakfast area, or go early.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear garonky,

Thanks so much for your kind words about your stay, and for noticing that we keep beach toys for kids visiting the beach. I also appreciate you noticing that we have a naturally chlorinated pool through the use of a saline system which is much gentler on the skin and eyes, with no chlorine odor.

Best Regards,
Norcross, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Good-location! A nice walk to the beach over a boardwalk. The beach is beautiful seems very safe. There is a place to wash your feet outside of the pool area as you walk back. Chairs, umbrella can be rented but very pricey.
The room wasn't too bad- dated, cranky old air conditioning unit. The bed way ok. The coach was very weird- vinyl covering and not comfortable at all. We did havea nice balcony and even on the third floor, it wasn't bad. Two chairs and small table are provided. Nice to be able to just chill out after a long day.
The bathroom is another story- the bathtub was scratched up and the walls had weird black marks all over them. The shower curtain was so short and nasty, we couldn't keep water off the floor.
The bathroom amenities- ahem..what amenities? For two days we only received a 1/2 oz of shampoo and a tiny sliver of soap for the two of us-No replacements when we came back, just the same used sliver of soap and shampoo... pack your own or go to the Walgreens nearby. Pathetic.
Breakfast- OK, there was food, if you could get to it. Keep this in mind: Disney Cruise. Imagine all the hyped up kids swarming the food. Parent's are on vacation mode. Mix this in with senior citizens. Twice, I watched as kids bumped food out of the hands of the older folks because parental supervision did not exist.
Kids run down the outer walkway yelling and slamming doors. Bring earplugs.
Overall, would we do it again? Yes, since we used Hilton points and didn't have to pay for it. If we had to pay full price, no way.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear rasoprano,

I appreciate your comments regarding our location and nice walk to the beach. Also, thanks for your compliments about our private balconies, a feature our guests truly enjoy. I will speak to our executive housekeeper about your lack of amenities, that is not our typical service level and I will make sure it is corrected. I hope you will consider staying with us on your next visit to our area.

Best Regards,
Tom Williamson,General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Busy hotel with lots of cruise line guests. Hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. Cocoa beach is a friendly town with lots of good restaurants. The beach is as nice as west coast and lots less hectic.

• Stayed February 2013
Clinton TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This hotel is in desperate need of a makeover. Old nasty carpet, worn out furnature. Loud anoying air conditioner. I was surprised that it has a decent flat screen High Definition TV with decent programing. The staff are frindl, however the houskeeping is non existant. I noticed a long black hair on the soap self in the shower on day one. Ok it was missed. On day two it was still the and a plastic water bottle that was empty was left on the counter. Did the housekeeper think i was going to re use it? I dont think so. I am checking out early and will advise corperate to remove it from our company travel website.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear ontheroadVani,

I apologize for your unfortunate experience at our hotel. As you can tell from our other Trip Advisor posts, it is not the norm. We typically get high marks for our housekeeping, however, in this case we definitely dropped the ball. I will share you comments with our Executive Housekeeper. I truly hope that you will give us another try on your next visit to our area.
Again, my sincerest apologies.

Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I booked the Fly and Cruise for 1 and then added 3 more people to our Shuttle. The only reason I did not give an excellent rating is because the room is dated and I prefer newer Hilton Hotels. The food at the Bistro in the Marriott was just delicious also just steps away from this property. Beds were very comfortable, nice balcony, the breakfast was great, short walk to the beach and nice pool area. The staff was very friendly and helpful at all times. We stayed one night and then went on our Cruise for a week. Our flight home after our Cruise did not leave until 4:30 pm so I asked if we could use the hotel facilities for 4 hours when we came back, so getting shuttled back to the hotel and then to the airport at 1:30 instead. The staff said this was no problem and lucky for us we got an extra 4 hours in the sun at no extra cost. Sure beats sitting in an airport. Thank you so much for the excellent service and great stay. You went out of your way to make my family happy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral? Share your experiences!