My family of 4 adults needed accommodations for just one night before our cruise. At first I searched all over for a bugdet friendly hotel close to the Orlando Airport, as I planned on taking the cruise shuttles to get to the port.
When I could not find what I was looking for near the airport I decided to look for a hotel closer to port canaveral. I settled on the Hampton Inn because it offered what I was looking for overall: (1) large rooms (2) near port canaveral (3) shuttle service to the port from the hotel (4) near things to do (5) free breakfast.
Now about my experience. My family and I took a taxi from the airport. The one way ride cost $128.00 (rounding up the change and including the sur charge and toll). It took about 40 minutes to get to our hotel from MCO.
The hotel is located on a main street in Cocoa Beach, FL. I loved the large clean lobby. At check in we found the front desk staff to be friendly and very accommodating. We arrived a few hours early for check in, and yet the staff made sure we were comfortable while we waited. They even got us checked into a room well before actual check in time. Our room was on the 5th floor and offered a balcony with an ocean view. The bathroom had double sinks, which was great for my family of four. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable.
Being that we were without transportation, it was convenient for us to walk the neighborhood to restaurants and stores. FYI. .. I highly recommend the Thai restaurant 1-1/2 block from the hotel. The food is fabulous. With half a day to spend, before our cruise, we did not lack for things to do in the area.
In the evening the Hampton Inn offered delicious fresh baked cookies. The hotel also offers shuttle service to the cruise lines for $6.00 per person one way. It is recommended to arrange and pay for the shuttle during your check in. On the morning of our cruise departure the hotel staff made it effortless to get to the cruise lines. We were also allowed to board the cruise ship early because we stayed at a local hotel. Now that was the big whoopie. We were enjoying ourselves on the cruise ship Lido deck well before the masses of people boarded the ship.
Big thumbs up for my overall experience at this Hampton Inn.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach Hotel
- Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach Hotel Cocoa Beach
- Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach
- Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral provides an environment that's both relaxing and peaceful. Most rooms offer breathtaking views from their private balcony and a hot breakfast is on the house every morning!Your room is equipped with a refrigerator and microwave, coffee maker, iron, free high speed internet, and the new 'Hilton Cloud Nine' bed line. Nestled in the heart of Cocoa Beach, Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral is a convenient beachside hotel with easy access to Port Canaveral cruises, local restaurants, shopping, and local attractions such as Ron Jon's Surf Shop, Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, and the Brevard Zoo. Hampton Inn is the first in Florida to be Green Lodging Certified. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Olotels, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.