“Pre Cruise Convenience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Sauk Village, Illinois
“Pre Cruise Convenience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

My family of 4 adults needed accommodations for just one night before our cruise. At first I searched all over for a bugdet friendly hotel close to the Orlando Airport, as I planned on taking the cruise shuttles to get to the port.

When I could not find what I was looking for near the airport I decided to look for a hotel closer to port canaveral. I settled on the Hampton Inn because it offered what I was looking for overall: (1) large rooms (2) near port canaveral (3) shuttle service to the port from the hotel (4) near things to do (5) free breakfast.

Now about my experience. My family and I took a taxi from the airport. The one way ride cost $128.00 (rounding up the change and including the sur charge and toll). It took about 40 minutes to get to our hotel from MCO.

The hotel is located on a main street in Cocoa Beach, FL. I loved the large clean lobby. At check in we found the front desk staff to be friendly and very accommodating. We arrived a few hours early for check in, and yet the staff made sure we were comfortable while we waited. They even got us checked into a room well before actual check in time. Our room was on the 5th floor and offered a balcony with an ocean view. The bathroom had double sinks, which was great for my family of four. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable.

Being that we were without transportation, it was convenient for us to walk the neighborhood to restaurants and stores. FYI. .. I highly recommend the Thai restaurant 1-1/2 block from the hotel. The food is fabulous. With half a day to spend, before our cruise, we did not lack for things to do in the area.

In the evening the Hampton Inn offered delicious fresh baked cookies. The hotel also offers shuttle service to the cruise lines for $6.00 per person one way. It is recommended to arrange and pay for the shuttle during your check in. On the morning of our cruise departure the hotel staff made it effortless to get to the cruise lines. We were also allowed to board the cruise ship early because we stayed at a local hotel. Now that was the big whoopie. We were enjoying ourselves on the cruise ship Lido deck well before the masses of people boarded the ship.

Big thumbs up for my overall experience at this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We had a great experience with the staff and the hotel on general. The room was clean and spacious, as was the overall facility. The staff was responsive and friendly, and the coffee bar was a great treat as it was chilly while we were there. The free breakfast was delicious and nice and hot. I highly recommend the Hampton Inn!

• Stayed December 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Enjoyed our stay there very much. Staff was VERY friendly. The free breakfast in the moring was great. Waffles, fresh fruit, oatmeal, muffins, eggs, home fries, bagels, yogurt, cereal and more.

The room was spacious and the bed was wonderful! The pillows were great!

Agree with other reviews...if you want an ocean view ask for the top floor.

Pool was also wonderful. Heated and no chlorine. Pleanty of chairs to lounge in and towels also available close by.

My boyfriends favorite part about the hotel had to be the free, freshly made cookies at the front desk every night. Get there early though....they go quick!

Couldn't have asked for a better place to stay.

Beach access just a 2 minute walk away and lighted at night.

Location was central to everything. Dining and shopping all close by.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor. If you want quiet ask for a room away from the pool.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Weyburn, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My fiance and I stayed at the Hampton Inn on November 2, 2012. We only spent one night as we were heading to Kissimee the next day. The women that I checked in with at the front desk was very friendly. After we had checked in we went over to the hot tub at the Marriott. On our way back we stopped at the front desk to pick up a few beer and 2 small bottles of wine. Since I was dripping wet I went upstairsto dry off while my fiance purchased our drinks since he had his photo ID on him. When I got up to the room my fiance called me saying that the woman at the front desk (not that women I had checked in with) was insisting that I had to come downstairs with my photo ID to prove that I was over the age of 21. I was completely unimpressed. I was still in a wet bathing suit and I was expected to go back down the elevator 4 floors to show this women on a power trip that I was over 21. I am 23 and my fiance is 26, I was the one paying for the room and I gave photo ID when I charged the room to my credit card. I think this was completely UNNECCESSARY. I would never stay at this hotel again. It just goes to show how customer service really makes a difference in your vacation experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
opa3425, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear lana346,

First, let me say thank you for your comment that we are a great hotel and that our front desk agent that checked you in was very friendly. However, I apologize for the handling of the purchase of alcohol from our lobby suite shop. By way of explanation, all of our guest service agents are trained in the service of alcohol and part of that training instructs them to ask for identification for anyone that looks under 30 years of age. That being said, the situation was not handled well by our front desk agent. If she was concerned that you were under age, she could have certainly checked with her colleagues that you showed an id at check in, without having to make you come down to the front desk. Again, I apologize for such an inconvenience. I hope that the rest of your stay was enjoyable.

Tom Williamson
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

In all fairness trying to find a hotel on Cocoa Beach that isn't wicked expensive is difficult. Our reservation was for beach view however we also had a view of the parking lot and it kind of put a damper on a romantic weekend but at least we could see the car. :-) The distance to the beach while lugging the cooler was pretty significant but we got it done. Walking distance of Ron Jon which was lots of fun to browse around and there is plenty to chose from in terms of food.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Kim A,

I apologize that you were disappointed with our view. While we are not beachfront, we do offer views of the ocean. Our higher floors offer optimum views and we are situated such that there is some terrain between our hotel and the beach. Our landscaped beach path offers direct beach access and is a short walk to the dunes. I hope that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to hosting you on your next trip to Cocoa Beach.

Best Regards,
Tom Williamson
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

To be fair, I normally stay in 4 or 5 star hotels. This hotel was chosen because I ran the Space Coast 1/2 marathon (highly recommend this race, if you like to run). It was one of the race partner sites that offered free shuttles to the race start.

While I might not stay here normally for my own vacation, for the money, it's a good value. Rooms are basic, but clean and comfortable. Bathrooms were a little outdated. Our room was on the 8th (top) floor and had a balcony with a view of the ocean.

Wi-fi and breakfast are included, as is coffee/tea in the lobby. Nice perk: every evening they out out fresh-baked cookies at the front desk.

Location is about 20 minutes from the Kennedy Space Center. Lots of restaurants and shops on main road in walking distance from hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Our group of friends all stayed here the night prior to our cruise on November 4. It is your typical Hampton Inn wth breakfast, etc. We also booked the fly, snooze, cruise package. Our room was clean and satisfactory. The hotel has a nice pool and easy access to the beach. It would also be a good place just for a family stay not going on a cruise. There were folks enjoying the pool as well. The hotel environment was very quiet which was nice. I cannot remember the name so ask the desk clerk about the really good seafood restaurant about 5 blocks away. The transportation to the ship was timely in their pick-up at the hotel in the morning and the process for boarding the vans was very efficient.. However, a word to the wise - if traveling with a group, make sure that everyone gets on the same van. Some of us went on a van and the others on a large bus. It created a nighmare at the cruise terminal.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an ocean view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral? Share your experiences!