“Good value, beachfront location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Military; Save up to 15%
Ranked #8 of 33 hotels in Cocoa Beach
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Good value, beachfront location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

To be fair, I normally stay in 4 or 5 star hotels. This hotel was chosen because I ran the Space Coast 1/2 marathon (highly recommend this race, if you like to run). It was one of the race partner sites that offered free shuttles to the race start.

While I might not stay here normally for my own vacation, for the money, it's a good value. Rooms are basic, but clean and comfortable. Bathrooms were a little outdated. Our room was on the 8th (top) floor and had a balcony with a view of the ocean.

Wi-fi and breakfast are included, as is coffee/tea in the lobby. Nice perk: every evening they out out fresh-baked cookies at the front desk.

Location is about 20 minutes from the Kennedy Space Center. Lots of restaurants and shops on main road in walking distance from hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

816 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Our group of friends all stayed here the night prior to our cruise on November 4. It is your typical Hampton Inn wth breakfast, etc. We also booked the fly, snooze, cruise package. Our room was clean and satisfactory. The hotel has a nice pool and easy access to the beach. It would also be a good place just for a family stay not going on a cruise. There were folks enjoying the pool as well. The hotel environment was very quiet which was nice. I cannot remember the name so ask the desk clerk about the really good seafood restaurant about 5 blocks away. The transportation to the ship was timely in their pick-up at the hotel in the morning and the process for boarding the vans was very efficient.. However, a word to the wise - if traveling with a group, make sure that everyone gets on the same van. Some of us went on a van and the others on a large bus. It created a nighmare at the cruise terminal.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an ocean view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
u.k
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I love Hampton Inns. I thought this one was a little older decor wise, but as usual spotlessly clean in the bedroom and common parts. The bed was brilliant to sleep in, so comfortable, as were the pillows which has either soft or firm choices which I love. The room was a bit darker in its colour scheme which wasn't quite as nice as some of its newly decorated counterparts. The breakfast area was very big and we sat where we chose and had lovely food choosing from so many things. Different breads and pastries, various cereals, porridge, hot waffles, fruit salad and whole fruits, yogurts, plus eggs and meaty things. There is a free newspaper for everyone on week days. This is the first Hampton Inn I've been to where the rooms are on outside landings and I thought it might suffer as such, it didn't, it was very quiet and peaceful. We had a balcony which we would have liked more time to use. All in all, if I were in the area, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Phila, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We stayed at this Hampton on Nov 3 for 1 night prior to our cruise on Freedom of the Seas. It was an excellent stay and a very nice property. We booked the fly, snooze, cruise package and HIGHLY recommend it. Travelynx is the shuttle service they use and everything went off without a hitch. We got off the plane at 2:00pm, got our luggage, and were at the Hampton at about 3:30.

Our room was ready, clean, and had a nice balcony. Beds were extremely comfy. We had lunch at the Courtyard across the lot then came back to the Hampton so the kids can use the pool for a bit. One bad thing - the water was freezing!

The breakfast in the morning was great and the shuttle service to the port was excellent and on time. We were one of the first to board the ship. After the cruise, Travelynx was out there waiting to take us back to the airport. I would definetely book this package again with the Hampton Inn!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

First, we arrived at 9pm and left at 9am so there wasn’t much time to do much at the hotel itself. I actually would have stayed at the Hilton Cocoa Beach, not because of this hotel, but I go there once a year for a conference and like the property.

I tend to write longer reviews than most. It really irks me when people complain about things and it isn’t the fault of the hotel. If it has exterior, outside doors, it isn’t the fault of the hotel chain especially if the hotel is around 50 years old. It’s the way hotels were built back then.

I also find it really funny that people go to hotels expecting everyone they stay at to be pretty much newly built within the past few years. Come on people, hotels in tourist areas are going to be between 5 and 50 years old. Do some research before you reserve a room.

Now, when I travel I stay brand loyal. For me, that means a Hilton family property. Our preferred hotel has a hot tub, and is affordable. On the east coast of FL, we also want beachfront with a balcony. I had three choices in Cocoa Beach, the Hilton, the Doubletree and the Hampton Inn. None of them had a hot tub. That alone strikes me as odd. But they don’t, I don’t go cry over it. We didn’t need it Thursday or Friday morning. We were going to need it Friday night and Saturday night. The balcony and view were more important in this case. We wanted to watch the sun rise while having a cup of coffee in the morning.

The hotel had balconies which was perfect or so I thought. In some areas the properties that line the beach are somewhat dense with development. There is a beach view. But the hotel’s orientation is that the front faces north and the balconies face south. And there is an apartment building/condo directly between the hotel and the east. If we leaned out over the balcony we could catch a glimpse of the edge of the sun rise.

I don’t fault the hotel for this. They just can’t pick it up and move it. But if you expect a beach view facing east this isn’t the hotel you want.

Some people have said it’s an old property. Yes, but it has had several face lifts through the years. Don’t forget this section of Florida became a tourist mecca in the 60’s when the space program started. Cocoa Beach was where many of the visiting staff, contractors and astronauts would stay when in town. Older properties far outnumber newer ones.

Also remember this area was heavily hit by the 2005 hurricanes. When they rebuilt, many hotels closed up balconies and sealed the windows for safety and security reasons. Don’t be surprised by this. The Hampton Inn has sliding doors on the balconies so they can close them in case of a hurricane. I was surprised but realized it made a lot of sense.

One other thing. Way back in the 60’s motels (not hotels) were popping up like corn stalks in a good planting season. Motels have exterior doors. The Hampton Inn was probably a motel chain in a former life. Newer Hampton Inns have interior doors. Rebranded ones with a longer life may not. I’ll also note that at no time did I feel the property was not safe.

Also if anyone was there a few months back, the lobby construction was finished when we were there way ahead of time.
And in closing I have to note that the staff that we dealt with were great, the room was in great condition. In the survey I completed from Hampton/Hilton after my stay the only negative I noted was the southern view instead of eastern. Overall I rated it 8 or 9 out of 10.

Room Tip: If you want to try to catch the sun rise, try to get a room as far from the beach as possible.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed here since we were in the Orlando area and wanted to get away for one night to the beach. We had come from vacationing in a different part of Florida so ended up getting to Cocoa Beach way earlier than expected. We were able to check in early and the service was wonderful and staff is very friendly. The hotel is older, but VERY clean. We were on the 8th floor so had a great view of the ocean from our balcony. Our room was away from the pool, thank goodness, since we found out it's pretty noisy there with all the kids and people who like to hang out there. Loved the free breakfast buffet. It's nice to have some choices other than cold cereal and bagels. The fresh fruit was delicious and not from a can, the scrambled eggs and sausage was good. There was a lot of variety to choose from, even make your own waffles (very popular and had a line of people waiting to make waffles so I skipped that). The beach is a few minutes away, with a nice walkway to get there. There is a mineral swimming pool but didn't have time to use that. It's a very busy hotel with lots of kids.

Room Tip: Get a room AWAY from the pool and a room on one of the top floors to get a good view of the ocean.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Colorado Springs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have stayed at this Hampton Inn a dozen times now, and keep going back. Our first visit involved driving in a tropical storm and finding the hotel in the middle of the night. We were delighted to wake up that next morning and find a lovely swimming pool just below, and easy access to a wonderful, clean beach.

Staff is helpful and accomodating. We occassionally have an odd request, and they have been great. The hotel breakfast area was being remodeled when we were there Sept/Oct 2012. I look forward to seeing the 'new' furnishings/layout next year.

All the rooms have balcony/patios facing southeast - the ocean can be seen from 4th floor and above. Balconies are wonderful to sit on, read and reflect on the palm trees, blue skies and warm temperatures - all that things that bring me back from the cold climate in which I reside.

This is a busy hotel, with lots of pre/post cruise guests, government groups, grandparents with grandchildren on weekends. If you want absolute quiet, ask for rooms AWAY from the pool!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral? Share your experiences!