“Awesome for the rate!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 33 hotels in Cocoa Beach
Sunshine, Louisiana
“Awesome for the rate!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I love the layout of the suite. We had friends come over from Orlando to visit and the 2 bedroom arrangements work great. Also having a fully stocked kitchen made cooking a breeze! We enjoyed be able to eat in. Ron Jon Surf Shop is close and the beach is right at the hotel.

We will be back next year!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

427 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Holland, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

This was our second year here. We really like it for our family. We have 3 boys and worry about them being too rough with stuff. This is like home, not perfect, but clean and lived in.

Would I come here for a romantic get away, no, bit with its proximity to the private beach, shopping, pool, and area for kids to roam...its perfect for a family vacation!!

And you can't beat the price

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hershey, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I don't understand all the positive reviews. My family of 3 was given a dirty, musty motel room that smelled like it hadn't been used in 20 years. It was so musty and the mildew smell in the shower was unbearable - I couldn't put my son it it. I really wanted to love it. I do my research before booking anything and loved the idea of the gardens and proximity to the beach. The gardens and pool ARE nice but I was given an old room facing the road and it was just so unbelievably bad that we checked out early and headed to another hotel. Yuck yuck yuck. It is too bad. The other courtyard rooms must be in better condition if the hotel gets decent reviews. The room i got facing the road had broken chairs, no working clocks, stains all over the walls, wrinkled up mildewy toilet paper and mold in the shower curtains. I am just mad that I wasted my time there for even one night. This is a place for drunk spring breakers or someone on an extreme budget but definitely not my family.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay in rooms facing road! Beware!!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Columbus, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

There is no place like home, except Wakulla Suites! This place was amazing, the staff were over the top friendly, they actually accommodated us above and beyond their "job". We had a 200+lb luggage bag, without a second thought they offered us help to unload and reload to the top of our vehicle (which is a big job). The pools were cleaned daily, they are both heated and located in the middle of their amazing Wakulla Gardens which contain beautiful plants and flowers. The beds were very comfortable and the place was clean. They even provide beach towels, allowing an exchange for clean, dry beach towels every day. They have a washer and dryer available for use and every room has a set of patio chairs as well. We are a family of 5 with a handicap child and we were very comfortable here. This was the best Spring Break ever! We WILL be back here and look very forward to it!

• Stayed March 2014
Brantford, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

We had a great time at this hotel .shared it with another couple as we were there for bike week at Daytona... Rooms were clean with all amenities. Maids were pleasant and polite .Front desk was accommodating and service was great. Pool was nice and warm and there were BBQ”s on the grounds for the evening clean and new . this as also spring break for the kids and I must say I expected more partiers but everyone was well beheavied… Walking distance to Ron Johns. Resturaunts . Pharmacy… beer store… Sunset bar and grill at the 528 causeway manatees at the dock …close to port Canaveral….and a private walk way to the beach ….if you complain about this place you are to high maintenance … just a good old family Vacation spot. Thanks for the good memories March 19, 2014

Room Tip: Rooms at the beach area are a + but all in all the walk to the beach is 3min
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Sharbot Lake, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

This review is beyond overdue! We stayed at Wakulla Suites from March 5 - 14. We have been staying at Wakulla Suites since 1988 when my oldest son was only 4 months old! Through the years all four of our children came with us. One was only 6 weeks old. For this reason I disagree with reviews of this place being non family oriented. The courtyard was always an excellent option to sit and relax and soak up the sun while young chidren slept right beside you in the room. With two bedrooms, separate living area, and kitchen it is also perfect for families of all ages. Yes, the furniture is not aristocratic but perfectly functional and our housekeeper BECKY (she is the best) kept our room spotless and the room was always cleaned early in the day. Besides, I am not sure why anyone would go to Florida to sit in a room anyway. Hello! You should be there to enjoy the heat and sun!
We have always found all levels of the staff to be very friendly and accomodating. If maintenance is required they are prompt. The tropical gardens are kept beautiful. You always see people working on them, sweeping, up the courtyard tki area etc. This year they even made available beach towels which I really appreciated. It saved washing all those towels before heading home.
About the courtyard. Yes, the pool can get noisy but no more so than any other area that has children playing. The majority of the courtyard is lush trees and flowers and quiet places to sit and relax. We prefer the tiki area of the courtyard and yes...we have been known to sit out in the evening and have a few beverages with friends. Nothing obnoxious. Just sitting and chatting with people you have known for over 18 years and met and always keep in contact with via The Wakulla. Some of our best friendships were created there.
The beach MAY be across the street but *street* is not really a word for it as it is a dead end with very little traffic. I believe, with all the good restaurants locally it is good to get a bit of exercise walking a (very short) distance to the beach.
This year the beach was the nicest ever with the addition of sand being brought in. We found incredible shells and took long morning walks in time to enjoy the sunrise.
Check in and check out is always easy as is booking your room for the following year. The staff does their very best to accomodate your requests. Parking IS limited and you only get a spot for one vehicle but I did notice this year there were many more visitor parking spaces.
As I mentioned, many great restaurants nearby within walking distance (Old Fish House and Florida Seafood are our favs) Ron Jons and Cocoa Beach Surf Company are just down the street as is a Win Dixie and Publix for shopping for in room meals.
I could go on and on and have barely scratched the surface of what could be said.
I think the most important thing I can say about Wakulla Suites is the following. My parents came with my siblings. I started coming with my family 25 years ago and TWICE now that eldest son of mine who first came at 4 months comes down on his own with his fiance to carry on the tradition and enjoy the Wakulla!

Room Tip: We really like the Courtyard tiki area which has a tiki table and another table and lots of chairs t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Biloxi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

The wakulla has an at home atmosphere. The entire staff is exceptionally friendly,polite,and always willing to give you information on local activities. The grounds are full of tropical plants and flowers.The rooms are clean,although a little outdated,having a kitchen makes up for that in my opinion. It is just steps away from the beach which has a view of the sunrise that is breathtaking. I very much enjoyed my stay and will return as often as I can!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Wakulla Suites? Share your experiences!