“Don't do it!! I risked it and I was SO sorry...” 1 of 5 stars

South Beach Inn
1701 South Atlantic Ave., Cocoa Beach, FL 32931   |
Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Oklahoma City, OK
“Don't do it!! I risked it and I was SO sorry...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2008

This place was filthy. While visiting my parents, who live in Florida, I booked two nights for myself, my two young children and my parents. An "older" place on the beach doesn't bother me a bit....but a filthy one is another story.

The bedding was not clean. The toilet leaked from the base and had not been cleaned (in and around it) for some time....the bathtub drain was SO clogged that I opted to spot bathe my children until we could get out of there. Although there were four adults and two children in our party, we had trouble getting more than two washcloths at a time. The hotel advertised that the room would sleep six...but that included a futon that they didn't provide any bedding for. One of the TV's didn't work at all and looked like it had been through one too many hurricanes with its' yellowed color.

One of the guys who worked there told me that he would reimburse one night of our stay, then another woman told us he was wrong and we could either check out immediately or move to another room.

Seriously....totally disgusting. There are tons of great places up and down Florida's coastlines. I will never return to this place!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
southbeachinn, Public Relations Manager/Owners' Assistant at South Beach Inn, responded to this review, October 8, 2008
We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the South Beach Inn in August of 2008. We consider this as an opportunity to continue to improve our facility and to better serve our guests.

We understand that the bathroom had some maintenance problems and you had difficulty getting adequate bedding. These bathroom maintenance problems were corrected before we had an opportunity to view your review.

In regard to adequate supplies. Perhaps it was not communicated to you that we are “self Service” motel and extra towels, wash clothes, bedding, etc are available in the office upon request. The manager on duty will provide you with what additional supplies you might desire.

In regard to condition of the room, we have since set-up an independent inspector to closely examine the housekeepers’ work to insure adequate supplies and cleanliness. In addition, any maintenance problems that may exist, will be addressed and resolved prior renting the room.

We regret that our managers’ attempts to resolve your concerns were not fruitfull. We do thank you for calling these items to our attention

We welcome any further opinions or comments you have.

With sincerest regards,

Teresa Powell- Assistant to the Owners/ Public Relations Manager

800.548.4244
South Beach Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)

Been to South Beach Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about South Beach Inn

Address: 1701 South Atlantic Ave., Cocoa Beach, FL 32931
Location: United States > Florida > Cocoa Beach
Beach Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service
#1 Best Value Hotel in Cocoa Beach
#3 Family Hotel in Cocoa Beach
#7 On the Beach Hotel in Cocoa Beach
The South Beach Inn is pet and child friendly ocean front inn located in Cocoa Beach, Florida. It is a perfect vacation rental in Cocoa Beach, and is closely located to Kennedy Space Center and Walt Disney World. The Inn offers efficiency style units-wonderful for families and those who would like to relax and enjoy a peaceful and open ocean front space.Enjoy cooking out on our ocean front gazebo, or relaxing on our open air deck.Surf, shell, photography, and nature are just outside your door. Along with your children and dogs! Welcome! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your South Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
South Beach Hotel Cocoa Beach
South Beach Cocoa

If you own or manage South Beach Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.