“Nice pleasent place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3185 North Atlantic Avenue, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931 (Formerly Luna Sea Motel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #26 of 33 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Lake City, Florida
“Nice pleasent place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

We wanted a nice clean place to stay while on vaction nothing fancy it was just to sleep. This was a great place the owners are very friendly and even suggested places we could go see. Reasonably priced and well worth the stay there. The best thing is it was 10-20 min from everything.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Altamonte Springs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

I found this motel last minute and was only looking for a clean place to lay my head before our deep sea fishing trip in the early morning. It was a good value for the money and was actually better than expected as it appears newly renovated. I would definitely look to stay here again in the near future. The office is conveniently open 24hrs and it is a family owned business. Its not a 5 star, but is great if you just need a place to come back to after a day of fun and sleep.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

We stayed here before and after a cruise. The Luna sea has a kitschy 60s feel, where you park in front of your room and there's an outise pool along the L shaped complex. The staff were great, 24 hour coffee made fresh, and very very clean rooms. This isn't luxury, it's good and reasonably priced accommodation. They even let us leave the car while we were gone a week on the ship. Not bad... Not bad t all.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

Recently my husband and I were attending a presentation in Cocoa Beach and decided to turn it into an overnight beach stay. I read reviews (as well as prices) of other hotels on the beach and decided to give Luna Sea a try. I'm glad we did! The motel was very clean and quiet. We had a very relaxing stay. Everyone we talked to was very friendly and helpful. Yes, we did have a short walk to the ocean but there were park facilities that could be used. We would stay there again. Very nice for the price too!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Mid Florida, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Luna Sea appears much like a motel from the 70s, it is small, and a bit dated, but lovely. The people who are at the desk at all times are very helpful, and responsive to any request. Including giving us beach towels to use on the beach. They truly were wonderful, and made our stay even more enjoyable.
The pool was always sparkling clean and warm, but not uncomfortably so. My girls spent quite a lot of time there.
The parking lot had large spaces, and many spaces so parking was no problem. \
We requested a first floor room and were given one, I don't believe their is an elevator.
The rooms were good sized, with 2 double beds, a dresser and a refrigerator/microwave. The Bathrooms were beautiful and quite obviously had been redone in recent years.

The only negative comment is that the air conditioner leaked on the carpet, I think that perhaps it was frozen as the room didn't ever get vedry cold.

Would definelty recommend the Luna Sea to others!

Room Tip: all the rooms look at the pool, and none are too far from it
Meridian, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

My family of 4 stayed in room 105 for six nights around the time of the Shuttle Atlantis launch. We chose the Luna Sea so that we would be fairly near the Kennedy Space Center. We also went to Universal in Orlando and made some other side trips, so we weren't in the room during the day.

The room was not large, but was adequate for our needs. The tv worked, the ac was cool, all the lights and outlets worked. Since 3 of us used CPAP devices at night, accessible outlets are a must. Our room was clean, smelled nice, and the linens looked great. The housekeeping service was wonderful.

I loved the bathroom! It's roomy and has a pedestal sink, so you can rinse out swimwear, wash your hair, etc., conveniently. There is a ledge above the sink for everyone's stuff, too.

The beds are full sized. That was the only drawback I could find. I personally prefer a queen sized bed. The beds were comfortable. Since I have to use my pillow (neck injury) at night I can't comment on their pillows.

One reviewer did not like the pool in the parking lot. I noticed a lot of hotels that have this arrangement, but most have not done the landscaping around the pool that the Luna Sea has. When you're in the pool you don't really notice the parking lot. There are lots of trees and shrubs between you and the asphalt.

I made my reservation via internet, and Ishita was very prompt in returning my emails. She also was very helpful during our stay, as were all of the front desk personnel. All of the staff were very hospitable and helpful.

One of the best things is the free breakfast at the Sunrise Diner. It's about 3 stoplights away, but well worth the trip. We also ate dinner there because the food is great, the service is the best on the beach, and the prices are excellent.

Room Tip: There are no elevators, so if you have problems with stairs be sure to ask for a first floor room.
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

My daughter and I stayed at this motel while in Cocoa Beach, the rooms are clean, good location, quiet place, the front desk are very polite and helpful. Free coffee and tea.
Reasonable price.
Thanks for the great stay guys....we'll be back!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!