You added International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach to your Saves list
International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1300 N Atlantic Ave, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931   |
Ranked #22 of 33 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Parker, CO
“Don't Stay Here...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

I just stayed at this property for one night between cruises and received a renovated room. DON'T DO IT...

I was in one of their "beach villas" and there was nothing "villa" about it. It wqas a 1 bedroom, with a full kitchen. There was a small dining table, a plastic sofa and upholstered chair with ottoman. There was a TV in the living room and one in the bedroom. WIFI is free.

It was clean...I think...but this building is between 2 condos? daily/weekly/monthly rentals?? and it was a bit scarey. I slept with the lights on in the front room and checked the door several times to make sure that it was bolted. The first thing that came to mind is that the property really needs to be demolished. It appears to have been furnished by Goodwill or Salvation Army. I didn't see any bugs, so I was happy to not have gotten bitten.

I received this hotel for $47 on EasyClick, so I definitely got what I paid for.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
cocomo21, General Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach, responded to this review, November 23, 2010
It is always difficult to learn that a guest is not satisfied with their stay. Respectfully, this is not a true representation of the hotel. We purchased this property in December and it is an older property with exterior corridors. The particular part of the hotel you were in has not been renovated. We expect the renovation to be complete by March. The hotel is located on 13 acres and we have 24 hour security. The buildings you are referring to are lofts which are part of the hotel and the other building is a condominium. I am very sorry we were not able to meet your expectations. Paul Herbert, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

This resort offered quite an average stay. If you're going to Cocoa JUST to go to the beach, by all means this is probably a great place. If you're going for any sort of nightlife or whatever, it is located a little too far out to be convenient to that, Ron Jon's, etc.

Pros: Clean room, great value for the price (especially in the park and cruise rate).

Cons: Employees are misinformed and some were even extremely rude.

Our story: We checked in at 2:30 AM-ish on a Friday night/Saturday morning. I had called a few days before to confirm this, as well as to inquire about the shuttles to the cruise terminal. During this call I was told that there would be an 11:45 AM shuttle for us (along with earlier shuttles at 9:45 and 10:45). This was very important as we knew we would be arriving late at night and even one more hour of sleep means a lot.

Check-in was fine, but at this time we were told that there would only be one shuttle leaving the following day due to the air show, and that it would be leaving at 11 AM. Which means we had to be up front at 10:45. There went our extra sleep. We were given an overnight pass and told we had to actually come to the front desk to check out and receive our week-long pass the next morning. Annoying, but at the time I was too tired to argue.

And mind you--this air show had been planned for who knows how long. Months, at least. Why someone told us just a couple of days before our arrival that there would be an 11:45 shuttle (when there wasn't anything of the sort) is beyond me.

On Saturday morning, we were in the lobby promptly at 10:45 and greeted by a line that stretched almost out the door. The shuttle was already there, with people in it, ready to go. We explained that we needed to be on the shuttle, and the driver approached the hotel front desk to ask if we could just be given our parking pass and be on our way. The woman scoffed at him, made a nasty face, and said we had to wait in line. So we did. For a good fifteen minutes, because they only had two people working! When I finally approached the desk and asked why I had to check out and be given a separate pass, the woman didn't look at me, didn't respond, nothing. I'm not sure she said more than three words to me throughout the entire process.

The only positive thing I can say about the morning we left is that the shuttle driver was very helpful and patient considering he had to wait for us.

Moral of the story: I wouldn't recommend this hotel as the employees don't know what they are talking about and are at times extremely rude. There are a decent number of park and cruise hotels in Cocoa Beach...if that's what you're there for, avoid the International Palms.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
I apologize for any inconvenience and disappointment you may have incurred during your stay at our resort. Under normal circumstances the shuttle to the cruise terminal has three pick up times. However, due to the amount of traffic for the air show, they scheduled only one trip to the terminal, as it was not logistically possible to run the normal schedule and get all their pickups to the terminal in a timely manner.

Apparently there was a breakdown in communication and for that I apologize. Your comments are of the utmost importance to us. They enable us to target problem areas and acquire the direction need to reach our goals and meet your expectations. Thank you for your feedback. Paul Herbert, General Manager
STL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

Checking in was relatively easy. That is the good part. I prepaid with Hotwire, got the room, went to dinner. When we came back to the room and actually walked in, we were greeted by an open door. That's right not put your key in and open, it was already open just push. We thought that was was odd, but quickly in about 5 minutes we realize this was going to be the worst experience that we have ever had.

There was a smell to the room. Then looking behind the desk where a ton of things were plugged up, there was rust on the wire casings. When we went into the bathroom, there was paint on the floor from a bad paint job, carpet missing, toilet was not clean, bath tub filthy, and the mirror was cracked. In addition, there was mold growing on the night stand, and I couldn't figure out how to use the alarm because there was no markings on the alarm itself.

The only reason I stayed, was we were basically out of cash for a hotel. We stayed long enough from when we got to our room 11:30 till 4:30 when I couldn't take it anymore. Thank God we were cruising the following morning and we got our chance at showering then. Just in case you were wondering.. the pics don't lie.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
I apologize for any inconvenience and disappointment you may have incurred during your stay at our resort. We purchased the hotel in December and are in the process of renovating. We expect the renovation to be completed by the end of March. Your comments are of the utmost importance to us. They enable us to target problem areas and acquire the direction need to reach our goals and meet your expectations. Thank you for your feedback. Paul Herbert, General Manager
Pinellas Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

I have been staying at this Hotel for about 5 Years now. It is a fantastic Hotel, with everything you need realy close by. The Beach Front, and especialy the lofts are the best part of the property. But everything else, including the large pool, childrens water play area, and the jacuzzi are nice. I highly recomend ataying here if you are in the area. Did I mention the Beach is directly on the backside of the Hotel. Super easy access and there is a lifegaurd patrolled beach right next door.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
New Cumberland, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2010

By far the worst place I have ever stayed. The first room they gave us the door would not open, after waiting for maintenence to show up, he informed us well it's not working right but keep trying it will open. He final got the door opened and left without fixing it.. The room was filthy and smelled horrible of must/mildew, we requested another room which was granted but they were very rude about it. The 2nd room was not much better. We booked this over a year ago as part of my husband's navy reunion...no one had rooms together as we were supposed to have had. The place was filled with drunken 20 somethings screaming and yelling until all hours of the night. The staff was rude in the hotel and restaurants, it was dirty and so outdated....I would not stay here again if it was offered free!

• Stayed November 2010
cocomo21, General Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach, responded to this review, November 16, 2010
It is always difficult to learn that a guest is not satisfied with their room. During your stay the weather was unseasonably cold and this was a concern as your group was not able to enjoy the outdoors as much as they would have like to. Respectfully upon investigation, while some of your points were valid and others were not a true representation of the hotel. This is an older property which we purchased several months ago and are in the process of renovating. The renovation is scheduled for completion by March.

It is our goal to consistently provide the highest quality in both product and service and your comments are of the utmost importance to us. We appreciate your feedback and hope in the future you will give us the opportunity to meet your expectations. Paul Herbert, General Manager
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

Our stay at International Palms Resort lasted exactly 15 minutes. Just enough time to check-in, visit the room and determine that it was totally unsuitable for our family.
If you are expecting a resort, you will be sorely disappointed. Our 'suite' consisted of a front door with a broken hinge that appeared to have been either tampered with or fixed numeous times, a dank, smelly, shabby little room, a television that did not work and best of all, the door adjoining our room to the room next door was broken and had we wanted to, we could have walked right into the room, likewise, anyone staying in that room could have walked into our room quite easily.
Yes, it has easy access to the beach and a low cost, but neither of those benefits are worth the lack of safety/security. The highlight of our experience was when we checked out, we were asked what the problems were and when we mentioned the broken doors and our concerns with security, the receptionist hardly batted an eye. Has this been a problem mentioned in the past? I think so.
Think twice about staying at this motel....we left and drove north a few blocks to a hotel with a more recognizable name, also on the beach, and paid a small amount more per night for a much, much better room with a view.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Please accept my apology for your disappointment and inconvenience and perhaps you will allow us another opportunity in the future to meet your expectations. Sometimes when a property is older and the furniture is older it gives the impression that the room is not clean. We were not able to validate your issue with the doors as we do not know the room number you were referencing and no, this is not a recurring issue. The hotel has 24 hour security. Our guests’ safety and security is of the utmost importance to this hotel. This is an older property which we purchased the hotel in December and are in the process of renovating. We expect the renovation to be completed by the end of March.

It is our goal to consistently provide the highest quality in both product and service and your comments are of the important to us. They enable us to target problem areas and acquire the direction needed to reach our goals and meet your expectations. Thank you for your feedback. Paul Herbert, General Manager
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

Pealing paint and a musty room welcomed us.The windows in this hotel haven't been cleaned this decade. We paid extra for a balcony with a view of the ocean to watch the air show but the balcony was closed due to "structural concerns". Were were told no other rooms available. Water from the A/C leaked all night and woke in the morning by stepping onto flooded carpet. As I entered the shower in the morning I was covered by spider web and greeted by a spider the size of my fist. Small little brown bugs were eveywhere. Unfortunately, no rooms were available at neighboring hotels due to the airshow and shuttle launch so the only option was the car and no refund on the 3 day minimum stay. Don't be fooled by the website pictures. After several days I changed motels and stayed at the Radisson down the street. Great rooms at 1/3 the price I paid at the International Palms.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
I apologize for any inconvenience you may have incurred during your stay at our resort. The hotel is an oceanfront property with exterior corridors and the salt water does play havoc with the exterior of the building. We purchased the hotel in December and are in the process of renovating. We expect the renovation to be completed by the end of March. It is our goal to consistently provide the highest quality in both product and service and your comments are of the utmost importance to us. They enable us to target problem areas and acquire the direction need to reach our goals and meet your expectations. Thank you for your feedback. Paul Herbert, General Manager

Been to International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach? Share your experiences!