“I am not sure of the exact definition of "resort" but I am more than sure that this is not one... yeouch!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach

You added International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach to your Saves list
International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1300 N Atlantic Ave, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931   |
Ranked #21 of 33 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Houston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

I really hate to post something negative but I feel it just has to be done. We have stayed at this location twice because of group events. The first time, as a Holiday Inn, our room was bare bones, dirty and our children didn't even want to stay there (two boys that usually notice nothing). The second time around, we agreed to reserve again because we thought it had changed. The ONLY thing that changed was the name. They merely covered the Holiday Inn sign with a bag (a BAG!!!) that says International Palms Resort. Seriously? Resort? Come on... not one renovation took place. Same dump - two years older. It is simply a run-down MOTEL. The smoke from the "attached" room next to ours crept into our room under the "jack and jill" door. We could also hear conversations from the same "attached" room as if they were standing in our very room. There was not a vent in the bathroom (humid, hot Florida; really?). There wasn't even a dish in which we could place the bar of soap by the bathroom sink. On the flip side, we really like Mambo's, the beachside grill and bar. Most (not the young, tan, skinny punk with attitude) of the staff was pleasant (AJ WAS GREAT) but all were overworked and understaffed. Blackened fish sandwich with sweet potato fries - YUMMY. Skip the pina coladas, however; not worth the calories. Respectible in-room mini refrigerator included - that was nice. The pool was decent as well. Great span of clean beaches behind the property... nice and relaxing. Would we stay there again? Not a chance... unless they bulldoze and start over. A good start would be to remove "RESORT" from the name.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
Springfield, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

It is obviously a older hotel, but such a good location! Was great for the beach and being able to view the shuttle launch. I might suggest that the carpet and furnishings be replaced often to keep it fresh and appealing.

Winter Garden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

I have been staying at this hotel for the Beach Blast every year for the last 15 years and noticed an improvement this year in the front desk efficiency, friendliness and helpfulness. Also in having someone going around all day to make sure the grounds all looked clean. Being the DJ for this event I work with security and maintenance and they were on top of their game as always. There were a couple of surly employees acting as if we should stay out of their way but really this was kept to a minimum and with such a large staff not totally unexpected. The one issue that I feel needs to be addressed would be the rooms are starting to look tired and outdated. The location couldn't be any nicer and all in all I always enjoy staying at this hotel and look forward to being there every year. Thank you for allowing us to use this resort for the Beach Blast.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Northern Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

Summary: The rooms (particularly the bathrooms) are in desperate need for a complete rennovation...not just a face lift. It is a crime to charge people $110+ per night here. I am glad I found a deal on easyclicktravel for less than half the rate the hotel was charging for these rooms through their own web site. Customer service was ok, with the exception of one incident, but I will elaborate more on that later.

Check-In: I tried to check in an hour before check-in time. Before I could finish my first sentence, the woman at the front desk said it was too early and to come back later, but she told us we could use the pool in the meantime. It was a Sunday and the place seemed nearly deserted, so I was surprised at the denial for a one-hour-early check-in, but I appreciated that they offered other amenities for our use until we could get our room. When it was time for check-in, it was fast and easy.

Room: Pros - a comfortable bed, large vanity area, sitting area, mini fridge. Cons - bathroom was small, there was all kinds of patching in and around the bath tub (looked like someone had too much fun with a caulking gun), dark and dingy feeling to the whole room. Maybe it was the combination of the outdated patterns on the comforter & carpet and the institution-yellow stucco walls. The bathroom was in such bad shape that I kept my flip flops on when I showered. Mold and mildew were apparent along some of the joints around the tub and soap dish.

Customer Service: (Experience #1) - When booking our room several months prior to our stay, I made a request for a King room on the North side of the property near Lori Wilson Park. Upon checking in, they confirmed my preferences and fufilled my requests without me even mentioning them. (Experience #2) - On the first night, I discovered the shower drain was clogged when I found myself standing in water up to my shin within minutes of running the water. I called the front desk to request for maintenance. They apologized for the problem and a maintenance man showed up within ten minutes of my call. He worked at the clog for a decent amount of time (maybe 15 minutes or so), but could not fix the problem and suggested that we change rooms. Shortly after that, I discovered our sink drain was also severely clogged. We were running late to dinner with some friends and family, so we decided to change rooms the next morning. (Experience #3) - On day two, I stopped by the front desk to have our rooms changed and they happily obliged right away. They made sure it was near our first room so that it would not cause us too much trouble to move our belongings. Upon entering our first room to gather our things, we were met by a horrible smell and black splatter all over the sink, vanity area and mirror. A maintenance man was attempting to unclog our sink and it had regurgetated. Next to the sink on the vanity, were our tooth brushes, hair brushes, makeup and makeup brushes. He apologized for the mess, but I was at a loss for words as I gathered my soiled, ruined toiletries. Luckily, our second room had no drainage problems. (Experience #4) - Upon checking out on the third day, I told the front desk that I wanted to report the sink incident to management. Instead of getting a manager, the woman at the front desk took notes on my story and did not express much concern or interest. She simply said that she would let management know. I suggested that the next time they perform any maintence in an occupied room, they make sure the guests' personal belongings are covered with plastic or towels if they choose not to move them out of the way.

Overall, I am extremely disappointed in the way the front desk person handled this incident and the carelessness of the maintenence staff. I spent more money replacing my ruined personal belongings than the money I saved booking with a third party website (though no fault of their own). I hoped for management to contact me and apologize at the very least to try to rectify this disgusting experience, but I never heard from them - probably because they never got the story from the front desk in the first place. I wish this place put as much effort into their guest rooms and plumbing as they do their lobby because it is a nice location right on the ocean. They may want to re-evaluate who they put at their front desk while they're at it.

Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

We stayed for a car show and the location is wonderful, food is good, service wasnt the best. This hotel is under new managment and I guess they are still working out the kinks. All in all not bad, just need to work on better customer service.

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

We like the resort and enjoyed our stay. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms could use some updating, but it was very clean. We come every year and noticed that the maintenance regarding the landscaping was not as nice as it had been. The pool area was still very nice although I did see several cracked lounge chairs. Overall, I would come again.

New Port Richey, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

Took a trip to the East Coast of Florida to visit family and to get away for the weekend. The first day my boyfriend and my son (6yrs old) stayed further south at Capt Hiram's. It was cheaper and a lot nicer.
The 2nd night we wanted to stay in Cocoa Beach. We had stopped down by the the bar shack or something like that, went into one of the souvenir shops and the girl working behind the counter mentioned, the Holiday Inn, which is now International Palms Resort and the Hilton.
We decided to stay at the International Palms Resort, due to the fact of the pirate pool area for the kids, big plus. However, the rooms were not that clean. Beds were very uncomfortable, rust on the lamps. And the old tube TV's must go!!!.
It was pretty cool that there was a car show taking place while we were there. That was a cool gig going on.
I would definitely return to that hotel in hopes that updating would be done.
Overall it was a nice stay.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Been to International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach? Share your experiences!