My decision to book International Palms was one primarily based on price. The resort has a nice selection of amenities and good beach access.
When we arrived we were unable to open the door to our room. Security showed up quickly and got us in. Shortly thereafter, someone from engineering showed up to check the door. The lock assembly had died, so he happily replaced it. From then on, we had no problem getting in the room.
We were a bit disappointed that our room did not have a refrigerator. This makes traveling with a baby hard. I didn't realize that in some resorts, they only have a certain number of refrigerators. Someone suggested we call the front desk. I called and within several hours we had a fridge/microwave combo.
General reaction to the rooms: simply appointed with all the basics that you need and a no-frills bathroom. A/C worked well, and the TV has a good selection of channels
The pools: The kiddie pool isn't heated, but the kids don't care. They're having too much fun pretending to be pirates in this lovely and large themed play-pool. Our baby enjoyed her time splashing and kicking. The main pool is top notch. Heated, with plenty of room given the size of the resort. We never felt cramped or bothered. Weekends were busier than weekdays, but still a great time. Bring your own beach towels - the pool towels they provide barely covered my behind. There's a convenient place to rent pool/beach toys in the pool area
Food: The breakfast restaurant is ok. We typically ordered off the menu instead of the buffet. Service was very good. Mambo's - their restaurant on the beach - was quite good, both for bar food, drinks, and service. Eating oceanside on the resort property is a nice touch.
This resort looks well-worn, but we didn't mind because this vacation was not about beautiful accommodations. It was about family and fun. International Palms Cocoa Beach delivered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Listen to the soothing waves of the Atlantic Ocean & sink your toes into our white sand beach at the oceanfront Holiday Inn Cocoa Beach Florida Hotel, the finest in Cocoa Beach accommodations. Soak up the sun at our Cocoa Beach Florida resort as you relax beside the largest hotel pool in Cocoa Beach. Kids will have an adventure in our kid-friendly Pirate Ship themed pool. Oh, the choices to make, white sand and boogie boards or wacky water cannons! Adventure seekers will love the challenge of many onsite water sport activities including surfing lessons. The best of Cocoa Beach is just outside your Cocoa Beach, FL, hotel room or one of many spacious suites. Connection to the business world is never far with complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access. The only decision you will need to make is business suit or bathing suit . This spacious oceanfront hotel in Cocoa Beach Fl is located only 7 miles from Port Canaveral and 17 miles from Kennedy Space Center. While in town be sure to visit Ron Jon s Surf Shop, historic Cocoa Village, the Brevard Zoo or many of the Central Florida theme parks. All are a short drive away. Look no further for a hotel in Cocoa Beach, Florida. Paradise is a click away! The Holiday Inn Cocoa Beach Oceanfront Resort hotel is the best choice for your Cocoa Beach lodging.Florida resident discounts are available You must be 21 or older to check in! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach Hotel Cocoa Beach
- International Palms Resort And Conference Center Cocoa Beach
- Cocoa Beach Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Cocoa Beach Florida