You added International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach to your Saves list
International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1300 N Atlantic Ave, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931   |
Ranked #22 of 33 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
“Overall - good deal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We only stayed one night during our Tour de Florida and would have liked to have stayed a few days more if it had not been for the next destination - Orlando. Our room was nice and clean. We liked the area with the multitude of activities that were available. But the pool area in particular was much appreciated by my girls. Especially the one with the pirate ship and waterslides. We had just arrived in a massive shower so we did not get to enjoy the beach although its right next to the resort. Looked real nice. We had dinner there but you need to loved things that are fried....seems to be a speciality. I would not mind coming back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dustin S, Front Office Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us during your vacation. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Dustin S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Let's talk dirty. Bugs in the room, shower, sink. Outside trash cans over flowing, cigerette butts everywhere, felt like I was back in college. Pulled the sheets back they didnt even look washed. I could still see the head print from the person before me. The carpet was reminisent of my frat house, all matted down slightly sticky. We didnt stay!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dustin S, Front Office Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry you were not happy with your accommodations. We strive to give our guests the best experience possible, and I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you more about your stay. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Rooms are beyond filthy and crawling with roaches. Asked for a clean room or refund and they downgraded our room and refused to refund the price difference in rooms. Staff is by far the rudest most unprofessional hotel staff I've ever dealt with. One of the staff (samantha) actually lied about offering us a voucher to the restaurant. There are shady looking people that hang around outside the rooms and parking lot blasting music. I've never seen an actual crack house but this is what I imagine one looks like. The pictures online look nothing like the hotel and I feel bad for the people from out of country that get suckered in by the photo's. The restaurant staff are just as rude as the front desk staff. I won't be back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dustin S, Front Office Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We take all of our guest comments seriously, and use them to improve our overall guest experience. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further about your stay. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Great location, rooms are old, and bathroom is small. For the price and it's on the beach, it's worth it. Pool is huge and heated, hot tub is huge too. Pirate ship was fun but my kids preferred the pool. Had an issue with the dryer in the guest laundry room and maintenance was friendly and took care of it. We loved making smores on the fire pits at night. The room is average size with 2 double beds, our room did not have a microwave or fridge, bathroom is small. Sheets were clean and we did not see any bugs. Tv is an old box tv, but who cares we were not there to watch tv. Would definitely return.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
​Thank you so much for your review! It is wonderful to hear our guests are enjoying our resort and all of our amenities. We are always working to improve our resort, and we can't wait for you to see the changes!

Dustin S​
Bryan, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This was a family trip. My husband and I visited with our four children and my set of parents. Things we loved: How you did not have to leave....there was fun for all! As soon as we arrived we ate lunch at the local restaurant which had an ocean view. Later that night, husband and I went back to Mambo's restaurant and ordered drinks and sat up on the deck listening to the ocean. You can also roast marshmallows down in the courtyard over a fire-pit. It never seemed too crowded. The pools were centralized and very nice. Kids loved the pirate and fish theme. For the adults there was a hot tub and bar area. The room had a list of restaurants who delivered and we ordered pizza to the room. We never found ourselves bored. Located right around souvenir shops. Our Dislikes: Upon arrival, we were told our room was not ready. When we acted disappointed the employee was rude and said, "Well you ARE early. Just wait by the pool." We were very tired from our drive and not by any means in pool attire. Room amenities. My parents refrigerator in their room was not as large as ours for some reason. Our phone was not working. We were not given fresh towels one of the days. We had to call and it took awhile. The room next to us was "under construction" and very noisy even late in the night. There was a washer and dryer on premises but one of the nights the washer was not working. Pop machine was not working. Overall, it was an enjoyable stay just seemed like the facility overall was lacking in the maintenance department.

Room Tip: Ground floor is nice for going straight to the pool but there is a lot of foot traffic by your windo...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This was our first, and definitely our LAST, stay at the International Palms hotel in Cocoa Beach. We were volunteers with the 6th Annual Surfers for Autism Cocoa Beach event, and this was the recommended hotel. We made our reservation for 2 nights under the group rate weeks in advance. Boy, oh boy, would I hate to see what the non-group rate was for this place.

Our pet sitter fell through the night before we were to arrive so I called the hotel directly to find out their pet policy. I was told by the lady who answered the phone that they accept pets with a $35 deposit for the first night and then $10 for each additional night. Upon check-in, we were told that no pets were allowed. We weren't quite sure what to do, but when we went to our room, we could clearly hear barking dogs and spotted some dog excrement in the grass. To double-check, I had my mom call the hotel's direct number to ask again about the policy and she was told the same exact thing I was that morning: they are allowed with the $35 deposit and $10 for each additional night. I do not understand why people are told one thing on the phone only to be told the absolute opposite upon check-in.

This is clearly an older hotel, and I am willing to put up with pretty crappy conditions at beach hotels, but this one takes the cake. Parking was a nightmare. In addition to the dark, sketchy lot being filled with other guests' cars, there was a GIANT semi-truck blocking an entire lane and taking up at least 4 spots in our section. The first night, we had to park all the way up front near the lobby and I did not feel safe leaving my car there at all. Luckily, numerous gigantic splatters of bird poop was the worst that happened to it. The hallways are not well-lit or well-maintained either. In fact, we came upon one hallway with a makeshift stilt supporting and holding up the second floor! We were later told by another guest that it has been there for at least a year.

Our room was another huge letdown. I am accustomed to beachfront hotel rooms being damp and musty, and I understand the buildings undergo extreme wear and tear from the oceanfront conditions, so I by no means expected Hilton-level accommodations, but our room was a DUMP. When we walked in, the door at the back to the adjoining room (which was not ours) was unlocked and left wide open, providing access to that other room, which was clearly occupied. Major security issue. We promptly closed and locked the door on our side and wedged a tilted chair under the door knob. The A/C did not work properly, turning on and off every 120 seconds, alternating between blasts of cool air and then stagnant warm air as soon as it stopped. It also did not cool the room evenly. The only location where the temperature would get cool was on the bed directly next to the A/C unit, leaving the entire other half of the room in that stagnant, warm air. The room was filthy. Leftover tortilla chips scattered on the carpet around the room, noticeable hairs all over the bathroom vanity and shower walls, dust on nearly every surface, and spots on the toilet and bathroom floor. The bed linens were in rough shape and the pillows were limp and few. We were unable to connect to the WiFi at all the first night. When I called the front desk, I was told that other people must be using it. I expect that a hotel would anticipate and prepare for situations when they are near full-occupancy and be able to provide their offered amenities for all of their guests, not just some.

After the event the following day, we decided to check out Stefan & Aniston's. For a place that specializes in craft beers, their selection is pretty limited and the staff knows NOTHING about the products they sell. I asked multiple servers about various "craft" beers they offer and not a single server could answer my simple question of "What type of beer is [insert name here]?" Asking for a recommendation of the closest thing they had to a wheat beer yielded a blank stare from one woman. Another server's solution to me asking about their other beers was to grab the bottle and plop it down on the bar for me to read it myself. He did this multiple times, each time wandering away before I could place my order.

The following morning, before check-out, we went to the Captain's Grill for breakfast at 9:45 AM. There was a gentleman in front of us in line at the hostess stand waiting to be seated. We waited, and waited, and waited some more as other guests began to line up behind us. In the ten minutes we stood there, not a single employee came to the hostess stand, even though a waitress who was serving her tables kept glancing over at the growing line. Finally, my boyfriend walked through the restaurant to grab someone to help us. That man (manager?) finally took 3 of our groups back to be seated. As we walked around the corner of the restaurant, there were numerous empty tables and a multitude of other restaurant employees milling about, indicating the reason for our lengthy wait was certainly not due to understaffing. The man who seated us took our drink orders but forgot several of them. The buffet line was backed up and I was told by another guest in line that the latest stack of plates had to be removed because they were dirty and still covered in food. One employee was bringing out one dish at a time and handing it to the next guest in line, presumably after hand-washing each dish. The process took quite some time. My silverware had visible pieces of food still on them. The food items that were available were tasty, however they were not replaced consistently. If you are a breakfast restaurant, you can reasonable expect to have your rush of customers during breakfast hours, however the Captain's Grill seemed caught off guard and totally surprised by the volume of guests, even though there were several empty tables throughout our meal and the restaurant wasn't even packed.

As we were checking out and speaking with the front desk employee, another guest rudely walked up and interrupted with questions of her own. To our surprise, the employee turned and began handling the other guest's issue. My boyfriend spoke up and asked the guest to wait her turn, but the employee should have done that rather than ignoring us.

Overall, I am extremely dissatisfied with my entire experience at the International Palms "Resort" from check-in all the way through to check-out. The demeanor and knowledge of the staff, coupled with the condition of the property and accommodations, made this a HORRENDOUS place to stay. I would not stay here again; I discourage anyone from choosing this property. The group rate and absurd "resort fee" was a joke and I feel like we got ripped off.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Melbourne, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We have been going to this hotel since it was the Holiday Inn for 28 years. The rooms have improved greatly. Friendly staff and helpful. The pools and play pool for the children is really great. Check in fast and you can bring a small dog for a one time charge of $35. and a daily $10 a day additional fee.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool side room. This is a large and spread out hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review, It is so great to hear you have been coming here for 28 years, and your experiences are getting better. We can't wait to see you, your your furry friend, again soon.

Dustin S

Been to International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach? Share your experiences!