Having visited the Orlando location we decided to give this location a try.
Conveniently located on the main strip; beach starts on the property; friendly and safe.
We stayed for 6 days and expected minimal room service every 2nd day as we were told it was daily service. In 6 days they cleaned the room twice and that was only because we waited for them to be doing rooms in our area - usually so they could be re-rented.
Check in was at 16:00 hrs however they did allow us to check in at 12:00. As our flight out wasn't until 23:15 hours I asked about extending the check out time. Front desk said they would allow us to stay until noon but no later. By 14:00 hrs they would change me for a full night. I asked how much $$$ and was told $129.00
As a result of the aforementioned lack of room service, I decided to escalate this matter.
Leaving a message with the GM office someone called me back. The best they would do was extending check-out to 18:00 for an additional $99.00, being in a predicament I accepted. I have to admit that Friday before the official March break week is a busy time however a simple clear answer would have been appreciated. We were out by 17:45 hours and after grabbing dinner nearby I drove by the hotel and stopped in at 20:00 hrs - room remained empty and undone- so much for rushing us out due to being busy. Instead of demonstrating proper customer service and allowing us to remain until 20:00 hrs, I paid $99 to remain until 18:00 but we could obviously could have remained until we had to head to the airport.
The hotel is dated - mattresses and furniture require replacement, as do the carpets. Plumbing is equally bad as we had to wiggle the toilet handle to get it to stop running, sink tab equally poor.
The exterior of the building was equally poor with rust stains and chipped paint.
On several days I observed the pesticide guy walking around applying some treatment...all over the exterior of the building and all over the common areas at all different times of the day...although I note that he wasn't wearing protective gear, I would have thought they would have done these tasks either first thing in the morning or in the evening when people weren't likely to be walking around barefoot or sitting around the pool...
- Also Known As:
- International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach Hotel Cocoa Beach
- International Palms Resort And Conference Center Cocoa Beach
- International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach Hotel
- Holiday Inn Cocoa Beach
- Holiday Inn Cocoa Beach Fl
- Cocoa Beach Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Cocoa Beach Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Listen to the soothing waves of the Atlantic Ocean & sink your toes into our white sand beach at the oceanfront Holiday Inn Cocoa Beach Florida Hotel, the finest in Cocoa Beach accommodations. Soak up the sun at our Cocoa Beach Florida resort as you relax beside the largest hotel pool in Cocoa Beach. Kids will have an adventure in our kid-friendly Pirate Ship themed pool. Oh, the choices to make, white sand and boogie boards or wacky water cannons! Adventure seekers will love the challenge of many onsite water sport activities including surfing lessons. The best of Cocoa Beach is just outside your Cocoa Beach, FL, hotel room or one of many spacious suites. Connection to the business world is never far with complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access. The only decision you will need to make is business suit or bathing suit . This spacious oceanfront hotel in Cocoa Beach Fl is located only 7 miles from Port Canaveral and 17 miles from Kennedy Space Center. While in town be sure to visit Ron Jon s Surf Shop, historic Cocoa Village, the Brevard Zoo or many of the Central Florida theme parks. All are a short drive away. Look no further for a hotel in Cocoa Beach, Florida. Paradise is a click away! The Holiday Inn Cocoa Beach Oceanfront Resort hotel is the best choice for your Cocoa Beach lodging.Florida resident discounts are available You must be 21 or older to check in! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Otel, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.