“Was it OK?........ just !” 2 of 5 stars
Review of International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach

You added International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach to your Saves list
International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1300 N Atlantic Ave, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931   |
Ranked #21 of 33 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Was it OK?........ just !”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed at this resort for one night as we decided to take a chance on a mystery accommodation deal for only NZ$95 for 3 people for one night – that’s really cheap! However, if I was to choose a ‘resort’ in Cocoa Beach I wouldn’t have chosen International Palms.

The resort needs lots of attention. The rooms are very old and in need of a good paint job along with replacing nearly everything in it. The air conditioner worked but was extremely noisy; in fact we had to turn it off to get some sleep. Wi-Fi was free and worked both in the room and at the pool and it also had a Fitness room with good equipment available.

The pool area was great and had a separate kid’s pool with a pirate ship and other slides so suits a wide range of ages. Beach access was at the bottom of the property.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dustin S, Front Office Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
I would like to thank you for your feedback and your business. You will be happy to know that updates are being made to our Resort on a daily bases for our guests. I’m sure if you gave us another chance you would you be pleased. If you would like to speak with us further please feel free to contact me. Again, I thank you for your feedback.

Dustin S.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two night and were very dissapointed. The place was very old and out dated. It wasn't clean. Close to the beach but not ocean view. Walls were paper thin.... Just not a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Groveland, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We bought the Groupon deal, Then read the reviews, we were very apprehinsive to stay here, and we were surprised, Of the 4 rooms our Party had booked (2 Villas, 2 Standard), they were all very Clean, in good condition, awesome mattresses in our standard room, best sleep I have had in a long time. The Splash Park was great for the kids, nice soft padding on everything to keep them safe. The Staff was very friendly and helpful, The Front desk staff was great! We saw the management staff walking around, asked us how our stay was going, very friendly! The only problem we had with staff, was the Pool Guard Guy We had a small cooler with milk and water for the infants in our group and he was threatening to confiscate it, if we didn't remove it. Mambo's is OK, not great, not bad, a little pricy for what you get. We personally skipped the Breakfast Buffet, other's in our party told us to skip it, they didn't have milk or cereal, lots of pepper in the eggs, so kids wouldn't eat it. Easy walk to the Beach from our rooms. Does this hotel need some updating? Yes, but most hotels out here do. All in All I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Villa's are closer to the beach and big in size, have more of a Condo Feel, Standard rooms are d...
Clermont, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband & I stayed for the 1st time last weekend. We usually stay at the Wakulla, but we had heard this was the 'new' place to go, all inclusive, so we decided to try it. Overall I was very happy with everything, and do plan on making this our place to stay when we come back. Front desk was very nice, professional, accomodating, we werent supposed to check in until 4:00, but our room was ready when we got there at 10;30 so they let us check in then, very helpful! We went to the beach there instead of Jetty Park because food/drinks/restroom was right there! I had lunch at Mambos which was great, then we hung out at the pool after, and had some adult beverages. Nice big pool! I also noticed hotel employees were always walking around keeping an eye out, never saw any riff-raff! We had dinner that night at Mambos & it was great! As for the room, ours was very clean, but definetly in need of an upgrade, but I could live with it! Its a place for couples with or without kids, accomadates all! Had a GREAT weekend!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
City of San Marino, San Marino
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed at this resort for two nights on business. Not a great stay.

In principle, the resort has potential. My room was reasonably clean, and I saw no mold in the room. Staff were generally friendly and helpful. WiFi was free and worked quite reliably.

That said, the bathroom floor could use a thorough scrubbing, and various metal pieces (curtain rod brackets, screws in the bathroom, ...) were so rusty that they should really be replaced.

I had no wildlife intruding. I can imagine this happening, though, because there was a very large gap between the door and the floor. I used a towel to cover it.

The air conditioner worked OK but was extremely noisy. Same goes for the fridge. Outside activity (e.g., midnight basketball) was also quite audible. I got a good night's sleep only because I had earplugs with me.

Food quality was very simple, to put it politely. Had I had a choice, I would have eaten elsewhere.

Based on the above, I would perhaps give 2 points. However, surprisingly many pieces of cutlery were dirty. Since hygiene is truly a hygiene factor, 1 point is as much as I am willing to give.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Miami Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I cannot tell you about the other 500+ rooms, but ours needed renovation. Old TVs, poor paint job, wi-fi not working, $10+ for breakfast buffet (?), great pool! If you don't expect anything great from the biggest "resort" in Cocoa Beach, you'll be fine... so big is out of their hands.
Sorry... it is a little deceiving.

Room Tip: Don't get fooled by the descriptions... there are no great views... just for a few. Great for s...
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

After reading some of the reviews, some are true. Front desk was very helpful & accommodating. Place is in need of updating and renovations. But I do have to point out, I noticed that these hotels along this stretch of Cocoa beach has daily visitors from all over the world with the cruise ships nearby at Port. Beds definitely need to be replaced as well as pillows like very soon. But, for the price and quick stay while traveling throughout Florida It was ok for the night, kids enjoyed the pool & hot tub and quick access too the beach which was beautiful.

Room Tip: If you have the money do the oceanfront rooms not poolside.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dustin S, Front Office Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thank you very much for your business and taking the time to share with our readers about your stay.

We truly look forward to your return.

Dustin S.

Been to International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach? Share your experiences!