“Decent for the Price Paid” 3 of 5 stars
Review of International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach

Save Saved
You added International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach to your Saves list
International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1300 N Atlantic Ave, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931   |
Ranked #22 of 33 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Orlando
“Decent for the Price Paid”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We booked this room through Hotwire and got it for around $60 a night. The hotel is undergoing renovations but we were able to stay in a renovated room and for the price it was a nice place to stay. We have a room with 2 double beds and a seperate living space, along with a kitchenette, plus balcony, and located right on the ocean. I would definitely say this is an affordable resort for families and a good place if you need to say a few nights. The staff were all friendly and accomodating and I have no complaints. The hotel is also close not only to the beach but parks and dining.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dustin S, Front Office Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Thank you for your review! Sounds like you got a great room for a great price...Thank you for touching on how great our location is. We take great pride in this. I wish you a happy and safe New Year and we look forward to your return.

Dustin S.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

We chose this place based on review saying it was close to restaurants etc - well, the decent ones are in the pier area, which is a good 10mins of car away. The hotel per se is ok, all rooms are ground floor. There was a group of impolite people who made a lot of noise at 3am coming back drunk - ok, not the hotel's fault but the super tiny walls didn't help.
Lastly, we asked us to inform us once the lost baggage of our friend would have arrived, and despite 3 reminders they kept saying it wasn't there. Once we asked to check the storage, we found it there, certainly it wasn't just arrived, so we found this very disappointing.

• Stayed December 2012
Dustin S, Front Office Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you for your business and your review. It sounds like there was some confusion with the airline and our front desk. I will be sure to address this so we can learn from it in the future. Yes we did have a group in-house over the weekend. We in courage all guest to have a good time as long as it does not bother any of our other guest. Please feel free to stop by the next time you are in so we can talk.
We look forward to your return.
Sincerely
Homestead, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

My husband and I decided we needed a little getaway and we were lucky enough to get a great deal at the Palms in an ocean front room. When we arrived we were met one of the front desk staff Mark. Mark was professional, friendly and very attentive. Mark provided us with all the information that new guests to the hotel and area needed. He also followed up by checking with us to make sure we were happy with our room and had any further questions. He made a great first impression of the hotel and provided excellent service throughout our stay. Our room was clean and attractive and the view was amazing, the sunset is exactly as pictured. We were pleased with the restaurants the Captains Grill and Mtambos the food and service was excellent. We were so pleased with the hotel and staff we booked another getaway before we left. Try this hotel you will love it but make sure you get that ocean front room it is certainly worth it.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms do have a view but not a private balcony. If you need a private balcony book a sui...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
THANK YOU for your excellent review! I am thrilled that you enjoyed yourselves while you were here with us! We take great pleasure in taking care of our guest so I will be sure to pass your feedback along to Mark and the rest of our staff! Thank you again and we look forward to your return. Sincerely, Dustin S
surrey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Probably didn't catch this place at its best time of year, but either way it has a real feel of a buntlins holiday camp, and the rooms were in need of upgrades.
Lots of stuff that you probably wouldn't want to do.
It is right on the beach and the barman in the beach bar was really helpful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dustin S, Front Office Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for your business and feedback. I’m glad you enjoyed our “barman” at the beach! We really have a great staff. The rooms in some parts are being worked on as we speak to better our guest experience. Since I do not have a full look at your name I cannot tell what room you were in so we can look at the concerns you had. Please feel free to call me at your convenience. We look forward to your return.

Dustin S
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Stayed at The International Palms a couple of nights this week. Had purchased a GroupOn deal so the value was good. Upon arrival, I realized we had stayed there a few years ago when the property was a Holiday Inn. It was a tired property then badly in need of rejuvenation and it's still a tired property badly in need of rejuvenation. We stayed in an oceanfront room - the location was excellent. The room had new carpet and had been painted which was a plus. But the old tired, chipped funiture was retained. The bathroom was a mess with missing and molding caulk. Several of the hallway lights were out and the stairway was not lighted at night. We had breakfast in the cafe both mornings. Judy, our waitress was excellent. We both had the specials the first morning. The servings were substantial and quite good. The second morning I ordered the banana french toast...but they were out of bananas. My second choice was the blueberry pancakes....but they were out of blueberries. On the positive side, the staff was very friendly and service oriented. It's a great location...just needs some serious updating.

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms to the north have best view of the Atlantic
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your business and feedback. I’m glad you enjoyed our grounds. We really have a great FUN location. The rooms in some parts are being worked on as we speak to better our guest experience. All your concerns will be looked into and any issue we find will be addressed. Please feel free to contact me at your leisure so I can have a better understanding about your comments. We look forward to your return.

Seffner, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

You can not go wrong staying here ! ! !
You get Great people taking care of you, with nice rooms at a awesome value, in an incredible location! What more could you ask for?
My family and I have stayed here a number of times and we have never had a bad experience!
We are an active family and they have lots to do on-site and have all you need to have a great family experience and memories for a lifetime! Jeff, Arlene, Kasey, and Connor V.

Room Tip: Any room facing the ocean or pool area.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your excellent review! We're so glad that you and your family enjoyed our staff and our property so much! Our location is indeed one of a kind. Please the next time you are out stop in and say hello! We look forward to your return.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I booked this hotel through a discount site with a booking bonus for a cost according to them of $90 for my one night stay. We arrived after midnight and I asked if there was any way we could be upgraded. I thought she was going to do this but then when she went to point out my room, it was right next to the lobby. She then went on to explain that there was no way that she could upgrade us for free (at midnight?? c'mon!) and that the costs would be either $10, $20 or $30 depending on the room. It took me about 15 minutes or more to check in. We were put in the third building from the lobby on the parking lot side on the bottom level. REALLY?? Highly disappointed with this but we were exhausted as it was nearly 1 am at this point and I didn't feel I was going to get resolution based on my earlier conversation at the front desk anyway.
In the morning, we took a walk on the beach which was very nice and then we went back to the room to shower. I put my clothes on the floor and when I went to get them, they were sopping wet because the sink had drained onto the floor! I did let them know about this at the front desk and they waived my resort fees (which I had no idea I was going to be charged anyway as the night clerk had not told me this). I don't know how much this takes off the bill but at least they did something.
If I had gotten this place for around $40, it might have been worth it but I have stayed at different hotels in Cocoa Beach for less than I paid and had a much better room and breakfast was included. I don't recommend the International Palms Resort. It always amazes me how we can have such different experiences at the exact same place!

Room Tip: Get an oceanfront room or at the least a courtyard room on an upper floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for review. We apologize that your expectations were met at arrival. We always try to accommodation to the best of our abilities. The challenge you came across in your room has been assessed and resolved, we thank you for bringing it to our attention. We hope that you will give us another chance so we can succeed your expectation.

Dustin S.

Been to International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach? Share your experiences!